Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 12-01-2004, 11:15 AM   #1
MaddEnemy
Always next year

MaddEnemy is on a distinguished road
Default Is the No Fun League becoming fun?

NFL

No Fun League

Maybe the league is coming around?

But something in the back of my brain is telling me J. Horn got fined for the cell phone trick.

But T.O. and his end zone celebrations seem to be ok and I started seeing other players trying to do something fun in the End Zone.

I always thought it was cool to see the Dirty Bird or Leap Frog after a score it sort of gave the team its on identity. In fact I saw a player doing the worm not to long ago.

Is the NFL allowing more celebrations after a score?

I don't mind 10 seconds or so to do whatever but if it goes on past 20 seconds or so I understand the flag but I would like to see them have fun and do crazy stuff. If the other team doesn't like it, keep em out of the end zone.
MaddEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Something tells me that we will see some sort of referendum come down from the the league office or the competition committee or whatever cracking down on the celebrations for next year. Just like they did with the 'Emmitt Rule' when they banned players from taking their helmets off while on the field of play.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:21 AM   #3
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Every week I scan the play-by-play page of every NFL game on their web site, and taunting flags are being thrown quite often, the vast majority of them on plays where a touchdown has been scored.

Of course marking off the 15 yards on the ensuing kickoff is symbolic and toothless - if they allowed the defense the option of taking the penalty on the conversion attempt it might actually have some sort of deterrent effect; sooner or later someone would miss an extra point, which the penalty would turn into the same thing as a 35-yard field goal try (or a team would have to settle for the kick because going for two with the ball at the 17 1/2-yard line is tantamount to throwing a point away), and a game would be decided because somebody taunted.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote