Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 02-16-2006, 01:09 AM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Wink Meet your new coach: Ryan Leaf

Quote:
I don’t think anyone could blame a West Texas A&M freshman quarterback next season if he got under center, heard a criticism from new QB coach Ryan Leaf, and then said to his new coach, “Why don’t you shut the **** up, loser?”

Say this for West Texas A&M… they are risk takers. Hiring Ryan Leaf to coach your quarterbacks is a little like hiring Bill Romanowski to teach you about ethics and fairplay, or hiring Kyle Orton to teach you about proper beard maintenance. I suspect that more than once next year, a West Texas A&M QB will get under center and instead of calling a play, yell, “KNOCK IT OFF” like a little *****.

But hey, you know… a lot of time has passed since Ryan Leaf was last in the NFL, and perhaps he’s matured to the point where he can now successfully educate a younger player. I mean, I doubt it… but I guess it’s possible. I mean, the man’s entire NFL legacy is immaturity. For his sake, I hope that’s changed… it’s just hard to picture. Best of luck, West Texas A&M.
Blog post: http://www.themightymjd.com/2006/02/...-quarterbacks/

Hey, anyone know if Akili Smith or Tim Couch have applied anywhere? Good grief...
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:15 AM   #2
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Wouldn't it be a riot if, from here, Leaf became an NFL QB coach, then an NFL offensive coordinator, and ultimately, an NFL head coach?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

Yea imagine hearing a GM say this "We hired him as our coach because he has been doing great as an assistant and he is from the Leaf coaching tree. That is definatly a sign of the Appoclypse.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
davematthews3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #4
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Could you imagine his press conferences? BACK OFF OF ME, ALRIGHT!!!
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
uscrocks93
Rookie Player

uscrocks93 is on a distinguished road

Look ryan leaf might have sucked in the nfl but that doesn't mean he is going to suck when it comes to coaching them what better then a former nfl quaterback to teach your quaterbacks he will do fine besides his coach from what ever college he went to says he'll do fine
uscrocks93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
kschu36
Sports Enthusiast

kschu36 is on a distinguished road

I heard him on the Dan Patrick show and he sounded much more mature than a few years ago. He originally wanted a job at Montana but they didn't have any openings so the coach there referred him down to where he is now. I'd definitely say he has a chance to climb the ladder. More likely in the college ranks than the NFL.
kschu36 is offline   Reply With Quote