Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 11-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about
Default UGA blacks out Auburn

Okay, I am now officially impressed by this UGA team. The 40+ on Florida was pretty good, but I figured it was just a fluke. The 40+ on Troy was, well, they were playing Troy. But to come out and hang 40+ on the SEC's best scoring defense. Wow. My only question is, where was this offense all season long. The WRs are FINALLY catching the ball. Knowshon Moreno is the stud I thought he would be (see the this thread for proof,) and Stafford is getting the deep ball touch. This offense is scary good.

Of course, now they will get shut out by UK next week.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

I heard that Georgia had some unsportsmanlike conduct penalties Mike. Did Richt open up Pandora's Box with the celebration vs. UF?
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
jway32
Rookie Player

jway32 is on a distinguished road

UGA did have a few personal foul penalties, 4 to be exact. Like most UGA fans, I hate CBS and their microscpopic vocabulary using Verne Lundquist (I swear, it is like that man knows about 3 phrases). Kelin Johnson received two of the penalties. One was deserved, he nailed Lester when he was 2 yards out of bounds. The other one was BS, UGA sacked Auburn on 3rd down and Kelin celebrated, nothing over the top, just pumping up the crowd and we got a 15 yard penalty and Auburn got an automatic 1st down. They eventually went down and scored. I am not for sure on the other two, but the officiating crew was the same group that we had against UF (the same group who made up two calls that aren't even in the rule book). I do not see how coaches control themselves in the post game press conferences when the calls are as bad the ones that we have received the past few weeks, I know I couldn't hold back thoughts.
jway32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #4
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

I am actually a fan of Lundquist, and he is one of the few reasons I like the CBS broadcast.

The Kelin Johnson celebration penalty was indeed deserved. This isn't the NFL. And the play did not result in a 1st down. It was 4th and 19, the penalty made it 4th and 5 and Auburn punted.

The 2 that were not deserved were two late hit calls, both of which kept Auburn drives alive. One where the defender landed on his back on the QB, the other the UGA player pulled up. Both were on 3rd down stops, both led to Auburn TDs.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
jway32
Rookie Player

jway32 is on a distinguished road

Your right, sorry for the misinformation. That just shows what Dr. Jack Daniels can do to your rememberance of a football game. However, how was Kelin Johnson celebration any different than what anyone else did during the game? I also disagree on your opinion of the late hit on Lester and it being undeserved. It doesn't matter if he was trying to pull up or not, he still hit him. I do agree with you on the other one though, when he landed on the QB. That was indeed a "homer" call or an "I hate UGA call." That was the same crew that we had against UF. I can't believe you like Lundquist, he has never showed UGA any respect. He is always talking "down" about them.
jway32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

I've never heard Lundquist bad mouth UGA. I've heard him speak some unpleasant truths that a lot of Bulldog fans don't like to hear, but can't recall him ever talking bad about the program.

True he has an unhealthy infatuation w/Tebow, but that's every media member in the country.

And the late hit I was speaking of wasn't out of bounds, it's when the UGA player (can't remember who at the moment) was going after Cox, Cox threw the ball and the defensive player was already in the air, tried to pull up, but still hit (and I use the word loosely, be barely touched him) him. Refs throw the flag, Auburn keeps the drive alive, goes down and takes their first lead of the game.

But hey, UGA won, I can't complain too much.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #7
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

UGA vs. UK, Mike. I don't like our chances; I would be happy keeping it close with UGA and beating Tennessee instead (better chance). What do you think? We already beat LSU and almost Florida, don't sleep on us.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote