Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 05:25 AM   #9676
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken View Post
No. I'm Christian and I read the Bible (parts of it anyway). Anyone with a casual knowledge of the Bible should know where that passage is from (it's not like those kinds of descriptions are anywhere else in the book).
Revelations was sweet. It was like a crazy sci-fi story, except in a book that millions of people worship I will have to reread it because I didn't grasp parts of it. I didn't quite understand the whole seven headed dragon and pregnant woman thing. Also, it was strange figuring out where all of the stuff was taking place at.

The Bible is fiction anyway... I don't understand how people don't believe in evolution. That is just arrogance at it's finest... but another debate for another time.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:50 AM   #9677
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post

The Bible is fiction anyway... I don't understand how people don't believe in evolution. That is just arrogance at it's finest... but another debate for another time.
I'm kinda surprised you would say that since you're usually more tolerant of other's views, Ellis.

But maybe it's just me....
Old 12-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #9678
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

I am not saying I have any problem with Christians or anything, but just growing up as one has really made dislike the religion its self. Being raised fairly religious (used to go to church and Sunday school every week until I got to older. Also took confirmation classes for a while, but dropped out) I really grew to dislike Christianity and organized religion in general. People go there and brainwash their children and they go and get all rallied up together. I don't know... I have just grown to dislike it. I am actually against all organized religion to begin with, but that is a whole 'nother story. People should just practice their religion, whatever religion that is, in their own home as often or little as they want. After all, religion is a personal thing anyways.

And it's not that the whole scientific view is right, but it is just that evolution is just about a proven fact. That in no way rules out the existence of a god, it just rules out stuff from the bible like how long the earth has existed for.

Tarkus, I am extremely tolerant of other views, but for some reason I have grown to dislike Christianity for how obnoxious their views are and how they are never willing to give into anything and think that they are right.

Last edited by Ellis; 12-25-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #9679
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Merry Xmas everyone.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #9680
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Damn Ellis it's Christmas:lol:

I'm offically done with all of my Christmas chores. Now its just me, the dog, and some cold Bud Lights. Sit back watch the games tonight and enjoy my day off tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #9681
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Merry Christmas everyone. After a crazy couple of weeks dealing w/some personal issues at home, everything has finally gotten back to semi-normal, so hopefully I will be back to posting on a regular basis in the next couple of days.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:13 PM   #9682
themush
Banned

Mikey great to see ya back. You get my PM?
Old 12-25-2006, 07:15 PM   #9683
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, just haven't had a chance to look at it. Will do so now.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #9684
themush
Banned

We must have got 3 inches of rain today some freaking Christmas.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:32 PM   #9685
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post

Tarkus, I am extremely tolerant of other views, but for some reason I have grown to dislike Christianity for how obnoxious their views are and how they are never willing to give into anything and think that they are right.
We're just different, Ellis...

I'm personally of the mind of quietly shaking my head on issues that I don't agree with as a rule. I'll debate topics with my views & admittedly get sarcastic in response at times but I tend to stear clear of inciting never ending arguments like politics & religion.

I guess I commented on that only cuz it's a scenario that seems to crop up at the holidays which to me is a great training ground for strengthening one's tolerance & self control regardless of religion or no religion at all. I'll also admit it tends to clench my jaw when I see repeated posts that are more a bludgeoning tool than an effort to sway another's opinion.

My comment to you was probably just an overflow from "the season of giving". I shouldn't have made it cuz it seems I'm callin' you out on your view which I'm not. I guess I just don't want to see a possible religious war in the 20,000.

Nevermind....
Old 12-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #9686
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
Merry Christmas everyone. After a crazy couple of weeks dealing w/some personal issues at home, everything has finally gotten back to semi-normal, so hopefully I will be back to posting on a regular basis in the next couple of days.
Good ta see ya back, Mike....:thumbup:

You owe the board a lot of back posts so "Git-R-Done"...
Old 12-25-2006, 10:46 PM   #9687
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
We must have got 3 inches of rain today some freaking Christmas.
I heard there were some threats of tornados too. My grandparents live in FL and they're up visiting for Christmas. They've been nervous all day that their house will blow away. :lol:
Old 12-26-2006, 01:46 AM   #9688
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was pretty good, as I spent the morning with 2 brothers and 2 sisters of mine, along with my dad and a couple of family friends. We ate entirely too much food today and I had to go to work at 2, so I left the festivities early.
On a serious note, one of my longest-term residents died this morning -- it was expected, but the timing was poor. His family is understandably devastated and has to deal with it the best they can. Makes me happy for what I have.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:19 AM   #9689
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was pretty good, as I spent the morning with 2 brothers and 2 sisters of mine, along with my dad and a couple of family friends. We ate entirely too much food today and I had to go to work at 2, so I left the festivities early.
Good to hear, Cat (minus the over eating of course... ) Everyone around me was healthy which is what's most important...

Quote:
On a serious note, one of my longest-term residents died this morning -- it was expected, but the timing was poor. His family is understandably devastated and has to deal with it the best they can. Makes me happy for what I have.
Sorry to hear that, Cat..truly..

For awhile when I was younger, I use to think it was the worst to have a loved one die on a holiday, especially Christmas, but on ones that are expected, I came to the conclusion that as the pain wears down to a dull ache, that loved one will always be remembered with a celebration of the good memories. It's always a painful thing but it can eventually be a yearly remembrance among the family get-to-gether moments if it can be distanced from the loss itself...
Old 12-26-2006, 02:27 PM   #9690
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Where is everyone?

Oh yeah...work.

Suckers.
Closed Thread