Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 10-17-2007, 04:30 AM   #1
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road
Default Pats Are Really Showin' 'em - and Showin' 'em Up

Knew it wouldn't take long before the first accusations of the Patriots running up scores on people surfaced (indeed, I predicted this myself somewhere on this forum - did I not?).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...tonblog/071015
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I read that article the other day. Thought it was funny.
As far as the Cowboys game - there was still time on the clock, and Belichick said if Dallas hadn't taken that last time out he would of just taken a knee to run out the clock. I don't buy it - I think he was pissed about Wade Phillips comments saying their SB's may be tainted.
The thing is, after the "spygate" incident many teams and players opened their mouths and tried to say they were "cheaters". I think that really pissed off the Patriots players and BB.
This is obviously the best Patriots team in franchised history - and saying that is a lot since they have had teams that won three SB's.
I think they are just making a statement on people. Lot of football to go though, so we'll see.

It amazes me that teams don't seem to learn. They still talk trash about the Pats and then they get smoked. Players like Freddy Mitchel, Merriman, ect. They open their mouths and then they lose? I don't understand this? Why don't guys like Tony Romo tell TO and Crayton to just "shut up"? Crayton had this to say about the Patriots:
Quote:
“Offensively, they are the real deal,” he told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I’m not going to lie about that. Defensively, I can tell you no, they’re not. They’re not (that good) at all. The only time they stopped us is when we had penalties. If that’s stopping us, it is what it is. Defensively, they are not the real deal.”
Crayton is just a moron IMO
Quote:
He also saved some tough words for the Patriots fans, who overran Dallas this weekend.

“Another thing I hated, how many bandwagon Patriots fans did you see in the stadium (Sunday)?” he said. “Where did that come from? There is no such thing as a Patriots fan in Dallas, Texas. Where does that come from? Stuff like that just (ticks) me off, that’s total disrespect. . . . When I’m driving the other day and I’m seeing all these Tom Brady [stats] and Randy Moss jerseys, where do those Patriot fans come from in Dallas, Texas?
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...icleid=1038558

Why can't these guys shut and play?

Last edited by boston_aloha; 10-17-2007 at 04:17 PM.
boston_aloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

I have more respect for guys saying what Crayton said than some of the other things he could have said. Crayton was asked a question, it seems to me like he answered honestly. I like that. What do you want them to say?

"They played better than us. They won the game. I give them respect."

Something like that? That's silly.

I think the Redskins have a good shot at beating the Patriots in a couple of weeks. They have the defense that can get to the QB and hang with them in the secondary.

I mean, these guys hear all the time about how amazing the Patriots are, it's just natural to want to talk like Crayton did and defend his guys and say if they play them again to expect something different. Because if you admit the Patriots are the top of the line and you can't catch them, what is the point in playing anymore?

I find it hard at this point to be so amazed by the Patriots or call them the best of the three teams, like a lot of people are just because they aren't spectacular defensively. They don't strike me as this runaway better than everyone else team just yet. They need to get better defensively and they need to respond once Brady/Moss connection gloss wears off and they come back down to earth a bit.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Why can't you conceed you lost? Or just don't say anything at all. Instead you have to say they are not that good? Well if they are not that good and they just BLEW OUT your team... what are you saying about yourself? "They're not good, so we must be worse".
I'm not saying teams need to bow down - but don't talk trash, especially after you just got man-handled. That "not so good defense" held their rushing game to under 100 yards, Romo under 200 yards passing with an INT... sounds pretty good to me. Something no other team in the NFL has been able to do thus far.
BTW - all this without Richard Seymour

Last edited by boston_aloha; 10-17-2007 at 05:01 PM.
boston_aloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

But, why would they concede they lost? It's not like they're disputing whether they lost the game. If the Patriots lose to the Dolphins this week it does not make the Dolphins the better football team. Will the Pats come out and say "oh we should have won, etc, etc", probably not, but if they did, I would certainly find that better than conceding that they lost. To me, Crayton's comments are about challenging himself to stay ready for the next time that they face a test like this.

What's the big deal if they talk?
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
boston_aloha
FFB #2

I just think it looks like a sore loser. You lost but yet, you have to try and make excuses. Say you lost, you need to improve, and move on to next week.
This is what I don't understand... why does Crayton dog the Pats defense? In addition to the numbers I stated above, their defense held the Cowboys to four three-and-out drives, one four-play drive, and intercepted one fourth-quarter pass.
This just sounds to me like a crybaby - obviously the Patriots defense is good, but he feels the need to talk trash because he is pissed they lost. Grow up.

For me, I just hate all these guys that talk trash (TO, Chad Johnson, Merriman) I prefer to let the talking happen in the field and then after you WIN, you can celebrate or talk.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 PM   #7
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Speaking of this game.... did anyone catch the post game interviews with Brady and Belichick? There was a Dallas reporter that was off his rocker... He sounded like a 1920's reporter from the Simpsons or something. He would talk in that heavy 1920's accent.

He asked Brady: "Champ! Champ! Talk about the long touchdown pass to Donte Stallworth. It looked like you two were doing the Jitterbug, and the Dallas secondary was doing the Charleston"?

Brady said: "I don't know what the hell that means but great question"

Then he asked Belichick something like: "Coach, talk about the big beantown "D", made the Dallas O-line look like a bunch of flapper girls acting a little loofey after a few gin and tonics" (or something like that)

Belichick didn't know what to say.... I wanna find out how that reporter was.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:36 AM   #8
Anthony

In their last two games the Cowboys have been playing anything but smart football, certainly on offense anyway: The Monday night blunderfest in Buffalo, followed five and a half days later by more turnovers and (especially) stupid penalties against New England.

Which is why anyone who would bet real money laying the 9 1/2 on them against Minnesota this Sunday is ... well, stupid.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #9
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I say score as often as u can.:thumbup:
Old 10-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #10
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

It's pretty simple...

If you don't want them to run up the score, STOP THEM!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #11
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Tom Brady was just unreal today. Looked like him and Moss were joking around playing catch. Randy Moss is just plain sick!
Old 10-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #12
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

I have Brady in my "big FFL" and thank God for that. Why didn't the Phins just take a knee on every play after halftime?
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #13
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
I have Brady in my "big FFL" and thank God for that. Why didn't the Phins just take a knee on every play after halftime?
Maybe the Fins have all the players on the Pats in a fantasy league.

:lol:
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #14
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256 View Post
I say score as often as u can.:thumbup:
That's a sound plan, as long as you use protection. :thumbup:

If you don't, next thing you know, you have two kids and an STD.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:13 AM   #15
Anthony

Well there was the issue of a possible letdown on New England's part in the aftermath of their Super Bowl Preview (?) win in Dallas; and it was also their first game on natural grass this season.

Had a feeling the cover wouldn't come easily - and it didn't.