Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > Site Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 04:47 PM   #16
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Yes, it would be rude, and hypocritical. Above the fray, above the fray. You (by being mean when we don't put up with it) and Lee (by citing four violations when only two can reasonably said to apply to his post), are giving Poptart PLENTY of ammo for both his whininess and his paranoia.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Old 09-13-2004, 05:00 PM   #17
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by MountaineerDave
Would it be rude of me to suggest that I hope it's him?

Nevermind, then.

Dave
Isn't that the type of stuff that you guys are saying you don't like?
Old 09-13-2004, 05:19 PM   #18
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

& now a word from our sponsors...
Old 09-13-2004, 05:27 PM   #19
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

Yo Kevin, don't bring me into this. I am merley stating facts. He is wondering about all these things, why his posts are being deleted and I am telling him why.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:56 PM   #20
poptart
Banned

poptart is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarkus
Yo, Poptart..

Not to interrupt but who's the guy in your pic with the shiner??
My son.

Old 09-13-2004, 06:07 PM   #21
gconnhokiebird
age 13- itallion stallion

gconnhokiebird is on a distinguished road

eliss if right these boards were made for ******* (no offense, i love this sight) i just think itleast a little bit of argumentation should be aloud.

What happend between poptart and the mod
Old 09-13-2004, 06:13 PM   #22
Ellis
gymnopedist

Quote:
Originally posted by gconnhokiebird
eliss if right these boards were made for ******* (no offense, i love this sight) i just think itleast a little bit of argumentation should be aloud.

What happend between poptart and the mod
A 13 year old is saying that this site is for ******* :lol:
Old 09-13-2004, 07:31 PM   #23
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Kevin...

I'll comment on your post in the mod forum!!!

Dave
Old 09-13-2004, 07:50 PM   #24
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Will the Battle of the Mods be PPV??? :bash:

Old 09-13-2004, 08:33 PM   #25
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Ellis, i came here to get away from a sports board that turned to absolute chaos. It started out great. We were pretty tight knit, but soon a couple of guys came in, and suddenly, it was nothing but flame wars. I saw attacks on people's wives and children. Every time a new thread was started, someone that had a vendetta against the person who started it would ruin it by flaming. That's why i left. I get emails all the time by people i consider friends, wanting me to come back. But I have no desire to be a part of something like that. Its childish and unnecesary
Old 09-13-2004, 08:40 PM   #26
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarkus
Will the Battle of the Mods be PPV??? :bash:

Sorry. No battles. Just a clarification that I didn't care to have out in the open is all.

I think, most of the time, Kevin and I are okay. He has some jealousy of me that he keeps pent up most of the time, but it's all good. One day, he'll have his moderating praises sung by others. One day...

Dave
Old 09-13-2004, 09:13 PM   #27
Kornbix
Super Bowl or bust

Kornbix is on a distinguished road

Wasn't t13 the QB guy from Cali? He was a dumbass, but I agree he did add something. It was something so stupid it was funny, but hey we all got kicks
Old 09-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #28
Ellis
gymnopedist

Quote:
Originally posted by Dublin Mike
Ellis, i came here to get away from a sports board that turned to absolute chaos. It started out great. We were pretty tight knit, but soon a couple of guys came in, and suddenly, it was nothing but flame wars. I saw attacks on people's wives and children. Every time a new thread was started, someone that had a vendetta against the person who started it would ruin it by flaming. That's why i left. I get emails all the time by people i consider friends, wanting me to come back. But I have no desire to be a part of something like that. Its childish and unnecesary
Personal attacks and racial attacks should not be allowed, but verbal fights should be allowed, as long as there is nothing below the belt.

Seems like every time there is going to be some people ripping each other apart the thread gets shut down.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:31 PM   #29
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by MountaineerDave
poptart--

Perhaps you should just go away. It's pretty clear you're not happy here anymore. There's no need for you to hang around if you're unhappy. There's no membership fee you'd be squandering, no marriage vow you'd be violating, no hearts you'd be breaking.
Let's be honest here. There are plenty of people, including most, if not all of the mods, who really dislike Poptart. Whether it's because of his outspoken beliefs or political views, or because of the way he presents those views, he has rubbed wrong just about all of the regulars on this board, at some point or another.

I didn't see the post everyone's talking about, so I have no idea whether or not it was appropriate. I do however, trust that it was taken down for legitimate reasons; and to be honest, I don't even need a reason, it's none of my business. This isn't my board and both Marc and the moderators have every right to stop or remove posts they don't believe fall in line with the guidelines of the board. However, I think it would be a real shame if it was a borderline call and the decision was based on personal feelings about 'Tart, not about what is best for the board.

This is a very intelligent, very well-spoken (er, written) board and to open it up for "verbal fights" would take away from a lot of the thought-provoking discussion that the board provides. However, this place, as interesting as it is, would be much more dull without a guy like Poptart posting on it. Verbal attacks and personal insults do not have to be tolerated, but I see little harm in allowing a colorful point of view, even if it's a point of view most people don't agree with.

-RB
Old 09-13-2004, 10:34 PM   #30
poptart
Banned

poptart is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by ellisismyhero
Personal attacks and racial attacks should not be allowed,.......
I concur.

Quote:
Seems like every time there is going to be some people ripping each other apart the thread gets shut down.
Yep.
Closed Thread