Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 11-21-2004, 06:50 AM   #1
Luv
Sports Enthusiast

Luv is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Is Kyle Boller Hurting or Helping the Ravens?

If you ask me at the beginning of the season I was all for Kordel Stewart being the starter. Now since the season is entering week 11 i'm unsure. What can make the Ravens better other then getting healthy?
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Kyle Boller had a strong 2002 season at Cal and that was it. He was an average QB in his other seasons. It is still too early to say, but it seems like he could be headed towards being a bust.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:47 AM   #3
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

And a very costly bust at that, since he cost the Ravens two first-round draft picks because they had to trade up to get him (and don't be surprised if J.P. Losman turns out the same way for Buffalo).

And welcome, Luv!:wavey:

Last edited by Anthony; 11-21-2004 at 09:59 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:48 AM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Also, the problem is that Kordell is not a long term solution either. At this stage the only difference between he and Boller is that Stewart is probably a better runner and a little more game experience. Kordell has alreay shown he is as inconsistent over 16 games as Boller is.

I agree with Alex though it is still a bit too early to tell. I think he just played his 16th game against Philly a couple of weeks ago. Has Drew Brees taught NFL fans nothing this year? Here is a guy who wallowed in misery in San Diego for three years now he is one of the top guys in the league and a possible MVP candidate. Not every QB 'gets it' by his second season some guys take three or four seasons until it all starts clicking.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:09 PM   #5
MaddEnemy
Always next year

MaddEnemy is on a distinguished road

When the Ravens get some good WR on the team, then tell me if he is helping or hurting.

Ravens WR suck
MaddEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:45 PM   #6
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Granted the Raves recievers are nothing special, but Boller still makes a lot of bone headed throws out there and the ball tends to get away from him at times.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:09 PM   #7
MaddEnemy
Always next year

Quote:
Originally posted by doublee
Granted the Raves recievers are nothing special, but Boller still makes a lot of bone headed throws out there and the ball tends to get away from him at times.
That happens to all of them, thing is if he had talented WR maybe he wouldn't have struggle so hard and try to make something out of nothing. He is doing the best he can with what he has and the only thing holding this team back is a few good WR. The DE is GREAT, the RB is GREAT but the QB has to make plays, granted some WR are hurt on the team......

I really do not like the Ravens but I am just telling how I see it.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:27 PM   #8
Luv
Sports Enthusiast

Luv is on a distinguished road

I must say that the injury bug is refusing to leave the Ravens camp. With that being said ALL of my questions about kyle Boller are answered. He is the man that will win Baltimore a superbowl. If and I do mean if Coach Brian B will open up his offense and let the man throw the ball. If he does this and Baltimore gets its pro-bowlers back. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BALTIMORE WILL BE YOUR 2005 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS.

Last edited by Luv; 11-24-2004 at 01:46 AM.
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 07:57 PM   #9
BaseballFan1
Grizzled Veteran

BaseballFan1 is on a distinguished road

At this point, I really can't tell. Last year, it might have been obivious but he got injured toward the end of the season. This year, he has looked good and looked bad.

"You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
-Christy Mathewson
BaseballFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 03:47 AM   #10
MaddEnemy
Always next year

Did you know he has only 1 "ONE" INT in 158 passes "give or take" and that was lob down way down field.

TE Heap has been out
WR Ummmm. Hell what is his name? You know.... IR like 3rd game of the season.

Give him those 2 healthy and this would be a diffrent team....

Wait the RAVENS are 7-3 right?

Hard to think where this team might be with 2 Off weapons healthy!
Old 11-23-2004, 08:59 AM   #11
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddEnemy
When the Ravens get some good WR on the team, then tell me if he is helping or hurting.

Ravens WR suck

They do have Kevin Johnson, and that alone makes Baltimore's WR corps two standard deviations better than what the Eagles had last year (and what about Clarence Moore? He's 6'6" and he's not exactly slow either).

But now Kyle Boller is going to be getting "respect" he's never gotten before: With Jamal Lewis out (and if his ankle sprain turns out to be of the "high" variety - tests are scheduled for later this morning - quite possibly for the season) Boller is going to be facing constant five- and even six-defensive-back sets, because everybody Baltimore plays against from here on (starting with the Patriots this coming Sunday) is going to take away the pass and make Chester Taylor etc. beat them - just as everybody has been doing against the Dolphins all year long to take away their passing game and make Travis Minor etc. beat them.

Last edited by Anthony; 11-23-2004 at 09:11 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:03 PM   #12
lance21
Sports Enthusiast

lance21 is on a distinguished road
Default Boller is backup, @ best!!!

The Ravens are a team led by veterans, all they did when they invested all that time & money to that gut is take a step back for every year he has been the starter. Then again, you cant blame they guy, if someone wanted me to play QB, Id give it a shot to. Biliick seems to get off on mediocre QB play, he said Anthony Wrights #'s were solid......6td's & 9 int's are not solid:redhot:
lance21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #13
lance21
Sports Enthusiast

lance21 is on a distinguished road
Cool ravens starting QB in '06? Boller or a FA

For all the Ravens fans, I need some data so I know what to expect in 2006:whine: .
Are they actually dumb enough to waste another year on Boller, which sadly means another year of Ray Lewis' career wasted, or do you guys think they'll actually sack up and sign a top free agent QB so we can finally see how good this team can be?
lance21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #14
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Probably depends if Billick is around next year or not. He seems like the type of guy whose ego won't let him ever give up on Boller. However, they may not have to worry about signing anyone as they are still a legit candidate to win the Leinart Sweepstakes.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:28 PM   #15
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

well the Ravens will have a high draft pick, they could just draft a QB. they could go after Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers, whoever the Chargers let go (which I'd assume is Rivers) i'm not sure what the free agent market for QB looks like this offseason.

Derrick Mason must he losing his mind since signing w/ the Ravens. He's the most underrated WR in the NFL and looks like it's going to stay that way.
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote