Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
woodwardave
Banned

woodwardave is on a distinguished road
Default Why Ohio State is so great...

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Why Ohio State is so great....

why OHIO STATE is so great...

Is it that they havent won an out right Big-10 title in 21 years?
Is it that they have a losing record against their rival?
Is it that they have a losing Bowl record?
Is it that they lost to South Carolina twice this decade?
Is it that they are 0-7 against the SEC in Bowl games?
Is it that they lost at home to Texas last year?
Is it that there offense was exposed against the only two good defenses they played?
Is it that they got knocked out of both polls in 2004?
Is it that they are 1-1 against Northwestern in their last two meeting?
Is it that they are 0-3 against Florida State?
Is it that they continue to hype Heisman hopefuls like Ted Ginn, who gained a total of 9 yards receiving yardage against Texas and 40 yards against Penn State?

Or is it their impressive record against the mid-major bottom feeders that makes them queen of the bottom feeders?

or maybe it's the Woody Hayes Punch that symbolizes Ohio State's classlessness?

Is it that MSNBC Dateline feature Ohio State fans as internet pedophiles? http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Co...426.htease.jpg
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12498249/

Is it that Jeffrey Dahmer is Ohio States most famous alum?
http://www.forgottenoh.com/OSU/osu.html

Is it because their fans have been known to pleasure themselves at public libraries near kids?
http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=1567

Is it that Terry Porter along with Ohio States favorite Maurice Clarrett who has been arrested for armed robbery and caught on a separate occasion wearing a bullet proof vest with an Arsenal Of Weapons Inside SUV, along with brought them home a Milli Vanilli Title in 2002?

Is it that Urban Dictionary defines Ohio State Buckeyes as Ohio State Buckeyes...
A fan base of blowhard, egotistical, elitist children stuck following a team in their ****-hole state because theres nothing else for them to live for; The Cleveland Browns suck, the Cleveland Indians suck, the Cleveland Cavaliers suck, and the last time the Buckeyes won anything remotely resembling a legitimate championship was, to the best of my recollection, about 800 years ago under some senile old bastard named Woody Hayes. Then along comes the 2003 Fiesta Bowl. Sure, the Buckeye's QB Craig Krenzel was only 7-of-21, for 122 yards, with no touchdowns and two interceptions, but the Buckeyes had a secret weapon in the form of an incompetent ref by the name of Terry Porter. You see, Porter's blatantly obvious blunder snatched victory from the legitimate champion Miami Hurricanes and instead gift-wrapped the outcome for the Buckeyes. Unfortunately Porter's blown call against the Hurricanes has forever tainted the first Buckeye "title" (I'm even ashamed to call it that) in about 800 years. Then, in the aftermath of this forever-tainted "title", hordes of long-deprived Buckeye fans streamed to NCAA message boards, repeatedly posting about how great Thee Ohio State University (Elitist, egotistical bastards anyone?) were during the 2002 season (even though the Buckeyes were incredibly fortunate not to lose 5 games during the season), and on top of that, posting about how there was absolutely no way that any team other than the Buckeyes would win the next 20 (or even more) championships while finding as may ways to insult the University of Michigan as they could despite every one they struggled to think of only came out to sound like one-way childish name calling. In the midst of all of this comes the revelation that the Buckeye's star running back was, in all likelihood, academically ineligible to even play in the Fiesta Bowl. The NCAA is still trying to sort out the mess.

Or is it all the Disciplinary problems under Jim Tressel? http://www.centralohio.com/ohiostate...l/2145095.html

10:32 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment
Old 08-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Oh yeah, you will get along great w/everyone here.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

So, exactly how many different places are you copying and pasting this?
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
Old 08-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #4
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

The 1st thing I thought when I read the title was "another OSU fan? where do these guys come from?" But I don't think this guy is a buckeye fan. Of course, I have been wrong before.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:03 PM   #5
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

Hey woodward Dave meet Buckeye.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
Old 08-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

He sent me this in a PM too.

What a waste of a post. Everyone knows that Woody punching that kid from Clemson is what makes OSU great.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Wow. That was amazing. It's too bad it's not possible to cherry-pick all the stats and records of any other team and present it as a whole, negative picture or else I would really be able to get back at this guy!
(My favorites were not being ranked two years ago, and being 1-1 against Northwestern in their last two meetings. Ta-DOW! Burn!!!)

I also liked how we are blamed for not winning a recent Big Ten outright recently. Sure, we went 8-0 in 2003, but it's OSU's fault Iowa wasn't on the schedule! I guess I'll take the consolation prize of that year - the undisputed NATIONAL champions of that year and the country's only undefeated team - which is something no recent Michigan team can claim. Winning four out of the last five in that rivalry, including the last two in Ann Arbor, is pretty sweet too.

(One more thing about that "1-1 against Northwestern" thing. Northwestern is 10-6 in Big Ten play over the last two years. Michigan is 1-1 in their last two games against Minnesota. Minnesota is 7-9 in the Big Ten over the last two years. Oh!)

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Old 08-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #8
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Funny how he mentioned that 0-3 against FSU in there. I went to that game back in...82...83? Man we got our tails kicked. He got us there...LOL.

Last edited by buckeyefan78; 08-27-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
He sent me this in a PM too.

What a waste of a post. Everyone knows that Woody punching that kid from Clemson is what makes OSU great.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Geez 78, you piss this kid off in a previous life or something? Or is he one of your ex-students?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:03 PM   #10
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

I'd venture to say he's a current student if anything. This sounds like freshman behavior to me.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #11
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Then you need to get these kids in line man. Lay down the law. Teach em who's boss. Add any other discipline cliche phrase here.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #12
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Actually he did a decent amount of homework here...LOL. It does piss me off that OSU hasn't won an outright title since 84.

My biggest beefs with the Buckeyes...on the field that is...are...

1. No outright title since 84.
2. overall record vs. Michigan 39-57-6 (though we started off 3-19-2 against 'em so it's pretty much even since 1928)
3. Only one Rose Bowl win since 1973.

The non-conference stuff doesn't bother me except for the Rose Bowls. I don't care if we start 0-3 if it means we run the table in the Big Ten, win it outright, and win the Rose Bowl.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #13
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
Then you need to get these kids in line man. Lay down the law. Teach em who's boss. Add any other discipline cliche phrase here.
The Rock says know your role and shut your mouth 'ya jabroni.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
Old 08-27-2006, 11:50 PM   #14
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Did OSU deny you admission Dave?
Old 08-28-2006, 12:31 AM   #15
Hawkeye crazy
Sports Enthusiast

Hawkeye crazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post