Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 09-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about
Default The SC Top 10 week 2

As voted on by us:

1. Ohio State
2. (tie) Notre Dame
2. (tie) Auburn
4. USC
5. West Virginia
6. LSU
7. Florida
8. Texas
9. Georgia
10. Louisville

Others receiving votes: Michigan, Oregon, Iowa, FSU, Va Tech, Oklahoma and Arizona State.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

So if Virginia Tech is the best ACC team, then how come they are only part of "others receiving votes?" Just tossing that out there. Is the ACC really that bad?
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

I think so. I think the ACC may be the worst of the BCS conferences, and I am including the Big East in that group. The ACC is mediocre at best.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Yes, I think it may be. The conference is in a bit of a transitional phase right now with all of the talent it lost from last year's teams.

I have not seen one ACC team that looks like it can play both offense and defense. FSU couldn't run the ball at home against freakin' Troy State and only managed 24 points. BC has scored 30+ in both its games but cannot seem to stop anyone. Clemson looks like it can score with the best of them but has lost 3 starters on defense already. Wake could only manage 14 at home against Duke and only won that game due to a blocked FG on the last play of the game. NCSU's QB only seems to be able to perform in the second half of games. Va Tech has been piling up points due to its defense and special teams. They have had 4 drives of less than 35 yards including two of one yard against UNC and an INT returned for a TD. Duke, UVA, and Carolina are just a plain mess on offense right now and Ga Tech goes as Reggie Ball does. Miami did not seem to know if it were coming or going against FSU.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote