Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 09-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about
Default The SC Top 10 voting week 4

1. Ohio State
2. Auburn
3. West Virginia
4. USC
5. Florida
6. Louisville
7. Michigan
8. Oregon
9. Va Tech
10. Georgia
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

1. Auburn
2. Ohio State
3. USC
4. West Virginia
5. Florida
6. Va Tech
7. LSU
8. Michigan (Notre Dame was exposed...win looks less impressive.)
9. Louisville
10. Oregon

Last edited by Richard the Lionheart; 09-24-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Richard the Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

1) Ohio State
2) Auburn
3) USC
4) Florida
5) West Virginia
6) Michigan
7) Texas
8) LSU
9) Louisville
10) Oregon

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Ohio State
USC
Auburn
Florida
West Virginia
Michigan
LSU
Texas
Louisville
Oklahoma
Old 09-24-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

1. Auburn
2. Ohio State
3. West Virginia
4. Southern Cal
5. Michigan
6. Florida
7. Texas
8. Louisville
9. Oregon
10. LSU
Old 09-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #6
eric
Grizzled Veteran

eric is on a distinguished road

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan (Oh No I am agreeing with Lee Corso)
3. Auburn
4. Southern Cal
5. Florida
6. West Virginia
7. Texas
8. Louisville
9. Texas
10. Oklahoma
Old 09-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #7
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

1. Ohio State
2. Auburn
3. West Virginia
4. Michigan
5. USC
6. Oregon
7. LSU
8. Louisville
9. Virginia Tech
10. Georgia

As far as Notre Dame being "exposed..." I don't have them in my top 10 either bit if you are talking about the Michigan State game....it seems as if you are debiting them for falling far behind without duly crediting them for coming back to win. That is, the comeback was just as impressive as falling way behind was unimpressive, IMO.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

Not sure I agree, there, KB.
Some of that comeback was given to them. Sure, they showed some stones, but JLS seems to have gone conservative and lifted his foot from the pedal. (Or it was the rain...)
Give them credit for putting themselves back together, but not too much, because just how tough MSU is is now (as ever, I think) up for some pretty interesting debate.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerDave View Post
Not sure I agree, there, KB.
Some of that comeback was given to them. Sure, they showed some stones, but JLS seems to have gone conservative and lifted his foot from the pedal. (Or it was the rain...)
Give them credit for putting themselves back together, but not too much, because just how tough MSU is is now (as ever, I think) up for some pretty interesting debate.
Yeah, I agree w/that assessment. Notre Dame had that game handed to them, and people are realizing that they aren't nearly as good as once thought. The coaches poll dropped them to 14th this week.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:20 PM   #10
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

1. Southern Cal
2. Michigan
3. Auburn
4. Louisville
5. Iowa
6. LSU
7. West Virginia
8. Florida
9. Virginia Tech
10. Oregon

Still goin' with Georgia in your top ten Mike? My only hope was Herschel Walker wasn't in attendance on Saturday. It would have killed him. Then celebrating in the endzone after going ahead? Pathetic. The SEC has 11 teams til I see otherwise.

Considering Ohio State scored less points in the first half against PSU than their Ohio peers (Akron and Youngstown State), they too remain way off the radar.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:33 PM   #11
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
1. Southern Cal
2. Michigan
3. Auburn
4. Louisville
5. Iowa
6. LSU
7. West Virginia
8. Florida
9. Virginia Tech
10. Oregon

Still goin' with Georgia in your top ten Mike? My only hope was Herschel Walker wasn't in attendance on Saturday. It would have killed him. Then celebrating in the endzone after going ahead? Pathetic. The SEC has 11 teams til I see otherwise.

Considering Ohio State scored less points in the first half against PSU than their Ohio peers (Akron and Youngstown State), they too remain way off the radar.
Meh. I have seen worse. The 1st year they won the SEC, they struggled early in the year w/a AA school.

If you're leaving UGA out of there, um, shouldn't you take out SC, who UGA pounded? Then you're down to 10, and then SC beat Miss State, so now it's 9.

They were looking ahead to the Tennessee game. They'll probably struggle with Ole Miss this weekend. That is how they have played the last 5 years (for the most part.) They play down to the competition. It happens. I remember several years back they lost to Southern Miss.

BTW, remember when you ripped OSU for playing like they did against Cinci? That same team looked even better against Va Tech this weekend, yet you still have Va Tech in your Top 10. What gives?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #12
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Virginia Tech is a far inferior team in comparison to Ohio State yet they play much more to their potential than OSU does. It isn't who the best team on paper is. It's who understands their situation and talent and utilizes it best thru play calling and what it takes to win your conference. That's why I LOVE Southern Cal and Michigan...their chances that is...I hate them as teams...LOL. I just can't put OSU #1 cuz they "should" be there.

If you notice my so-called anti-Ohio State rants rarely mention their opponent. That is of no consequence. They are playing themselves each week.

Georgia may have won their game...but they should be very ashamed of the way they played.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #13
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

I've begun to wonder if perhaps OSU is actually overrated. Maybe they aren't so poorly coached as they are just better than the competition by only a little bit.
It seems clear that they're good. But, great? I think I'm doubting it. Just as I wondered about the hype surrounding the Irish to start the season, I'm beginning to doubt that the Buckeyes are the clear number one team. They probably deserve it from having gone to the defending national champs and beating them there, but it's also reasonable to suggest that the defending natl champs aren't as good as they were a year ago.

Meanwhile, I have to agree with 78 that Georgia's not a top ten team this week. I don't think Va Tech's all that good, either, but everyone seems to have their warts. It just appears, right now, that OSU's warts are the least pronounced of anyone else's. Even Michigan's, who have a potential problem at QB when they play better teams.

(I'm refusing too much comment on my team.)
Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #14
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

I almost left UGA out and put someone else in, but the homer in me wouldn't let me do it.

I do agree that they looked horrible Saturday. But again, they always do that at some point in the season. When they went 12-1 a few years back, they only beat SC by 2 points, a Carolina team that was 5-7 that year and horrid in conference. Just 2 years ago, they squeaked by Marshall 13-3. If they play the same way vs. Ole Miss next week, I'll definately drop em. Maybe throw TCU in there for kicks and giggles.