Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Old 12-16-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about
Default Cubs / Redsox 2003

Do you guys remember the 2003 post season (rhetorical question). We almost had a Redsox / Cubs world series... how awesome would that of been?

Anyway, I just wanted to share a funny comment with everyone. I have a friend from Chicago (Noah) that is a die-hard Cubs fan. Anyway, I went to visit my gfriend in South Carolina (Ruth) last week and Noah happened to be out there too, so we all met up for drinks. Everytime Noah and I get together (we went to the Redsox / Cubs game in 2005 at Wrigley) we seem to talk about are baseball trouble (although mine has been erased thanks to the 2004 team).

Poor Ruth, this girl sat through about 4 hours of Redsox / Cubs talk that would make anyone wanna drive off a cliff! We both told our stories of our teams both being 5 outs away from the World Series that year. Noah explained Steve Bartman and the Goat... I talked about Boone and Buckner... It didn;t hit me till the next day that we must be the absolute TWO WORST PEOPLE to drink with! :lol: :lol:

If there were more people there than ok... but NEVER go by yourself and hang out with a Redsox fan and a Cubs fan for drinks

Last edited by boston_aloha; 12-28-2006 at 05:04 AM.
boston_aloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

I hope Ruth at least likes baseball. Otherwise it was a very tedious night, I'm sure.
My wife used to hate to go out with me because all I talked about was baseball. I surprised her by talking about Mozart for 3 hours one evening. I think that was the night she decided to marry me.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Ha ha... that's cool. Yeah, she likes baseball now (she's learning) I took her the Redsox / Yankees game in August. She's from NY but is now a Redsox fan so I'm doing something right :thumbup:
But C-man, I don't think even YOU could stand to be with me and a Cubs fan telling our sob stories!! :lol: :lol:
Old 12-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

I live in an area full of Cubs fans and hear all of the sob stories regularly. I can understand the pain they have.

Catman
Old 12-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Oh yeah me too... my buddy's got it bad too :lol:
Poor kid, he goes to a bunch of games (a lot!!) but last year on opening day he was home. He said he bought whatever the type of beer they sell at cubs games (can't remember the brand) and was cooking a hotdog right before the 1st pitch. He was taking out the garbage in a hurry and made this "awkward" leap off his stairs and ended up breaking his foot! He couldn't go to any games for a while, had to give away tickets, etc.
Classic Cubs fan telling his sad, sad stories... :lol:
Old 12-16-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

I'm sure it was "Old Style" beer.

Catman
Old 12-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #7
cheesey
Freedom is a good thing

cheesey is on a distinguished road

Of course it was Old Style. That stuff is so bad they had to PAY Harry Carey to drink it!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 02:06 PM   #8
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I'm sure it was "Old Style" beer.
Yup!! Thats it :lol:
Old 12-18-2006, 12:18 PM   #9
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

Yeah I really thought is would be a reality, but it didn't happen. That made me sad.