Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

View Poll Results: Did Bonds Do Steroids
YES 11 84.62%
NO 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2006, 08:36 PM   #16
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha
Hope I don't offend anyone... but with all our Bonds talks I always wanted to say "anyone who thinks he never took steriods is a moron"... but I'll change that.. "anyone who thinks he never took steriods is uneducated about steriods".
I may not like Bonds because of what he did, but I do believe in "innocent until proven guilty" (here's the important part) when it comes to punishing someone.
So, yes he did use steriods, no we have not proved it yet. So we cannot punish him until we have the proof. But we all know what really happened.
Huh, reminds me of OJ... LOL
Very well put, Steve...

I don't really think anyone truly believes Bonds never took steroids. The part I guess that always gets me is the fever pitch, vein popping, damn him to Hell, threads. It reminds me of the Bryant trial that had him serving prison time for rape even before the trial began. & yes, just like OJ, who I had grave doubts that he wasn't the culprit or at least involved early on (probably cuz I didn't want a player I admired to be guilty of such an act), who got a nationally televised trial to the point that no one I knew & the majority of views written out there, had not come to the decision that he was indeed guilty by the evidence presented.

I love my sports but not to the point that I want to argue pointlessly that he's innocent or guilty but I do like to stay within those confines of innocent until proven guilty. I'd still like MLB to do their thing & lay down the judgement. If at that time They say "No proof, so no penalty", I'd be more than inclined to dive in, just like after the OJ verdict where I was stunned he could get away with murder. My jury just happens to be out in wait on the extent of the findings...

& I appreciate that you didn't call me a moron... ...especially since the only reason I don't get vocal on the punishment is waitin' on MLBs verdict. It doesn't mean I don't feel more than strongly about the issue.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #17
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Thats another thing too... Some of us have been saying "innocent until proven guilty" (IUPG), but I was also accept MLB's verdict. MLB is not the legal courts, so IUPG may not apply, and I'll accept that.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:46 AM   #18
LA sports
I love LA!

LA sports is on a distinguished road

I know this does not prove it 100% either but I heard a baseball analyst (can't remember who) say that he has talked with numerous physical trainers and they all have said it is impossible to bulk up as fast as Bonds did a few years ago without steroids. I believe it was on "Baseball Tonight". Just a thought.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:47 PM   #19
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA sports
I know this does not prove it 100% either but I heard a baseball analyst (can't remember who) say that he has talked with numerous physical trainers and they all have said it is impossible to bulk up as fast as Bonds did a few years ago without steroids. I believe it was on "Baseball Tonight". Just a thought.
So true... the best trainers in the world could not put on 40lbs of muscle in that amount of time. Thats my whole argument - "anyone who thinks he didnt juice is uneducated about steriods...etc"
Old 06-01-2006, 02:58 AM   #20
Spikedmace
All-Star Player

Spikedmace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis
innocent until proven guilty

There is no proof. Was he involved with Balco? Yes. Did he grow a lot. Yes?

But just because some people around him were involved in steroids doesn't mean he used them.

People grow. You can work out, your metabolism can change, or you can just eat more. It happens.

I am not saying that there is no chance he took steroids. But for now, I have no reason to believe he has.

Give me proof or give me... death?
Do you even pay attention when they were called to testify? Bonds said he unknowing did it. The flaxseed oil cream that was given to him contained steroids. Just the same as Sheffield. But both these guys UNKNOWINGLY knew this. This shows when you do steroids, you also become retarded.

Wake up man!
Spikedmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #21
dirtywhiteboy
Mr. Cub

dirtywhiteboy is on a distinguished road

Show me a 37 year old guy that puts on 40lbs of muscle in the off-season, and I'll show you the needle marks...
Old 06-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #22
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Hmmmmmm.....gettin' closer....

Bonds wants protection from feds if he talks

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Barry Bonds wants to cooperate with special investigator George Mitchell, but will only talk to him if he is assured the information won't be given to federal prosecutors.

Bonds also dropped his lawsuit against two San Francisco Chronicle reporters who published a book claiming the Giants slugger used steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs.

Mitchell was appointed by commissioner Bud Selig to head the probe into steroids in baseball.

"I'd like Barry to cooperate with Sen. Mitchell," Bonds' attorney, Michael Rains, told the Daily News in New York. "We believe Sen. Mitchell will be fair, thorough and impartial. But here's the problem: Anything that happens there can become fodder for the federal government and for another book that will make reporters rich."

A federal grand jury in San Francisco is now investigating whether Bonds lied under oath about using the performance-enhancing drug known as "the clear" during that grand jury testimony.

Meanwhile, Bonds requested that San Francisco County Superior Court dismiss the lawsuit June 2, according to court records reviewed by the San Jose Mercury News. The suit was dismissed without prejudice, meaning he retains the right to refile it.

In March, Bonds sued Chronicle reporters Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, publisher Gotham books, the Chronicle and Sports Illustrated, which published an excerpt of the book, "Game of Shadows."

Bonds' lawyers, suing under California's unfair competition law, argued that the authors should be blocked from making money on the book because it used illegally obtained grand jury testimony.

Transcripts of the testimony were leaked from a federal investigation into the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, or BALCO, where Bonds and several other major league players allegedly obtained performance-enhancing drugs.

During a March hearing, Bonds' lawyers unsuccessfully sought a temporary restraining order on all profits from the book. At the time, Judge James Warren said he thought the lawsuit had little chance of success and the authors had raised "serious first amendment issues."

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5684188
Old 06-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #23
boston_aloha
FFB #2

I read that... whats your take on this? Does this mean he's gonna drop some names or come clean? (prob not). I took it as he doesn't anything he says made public so writers can't write anymore books.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #24
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Based on history, Bonds won't do anything that doesn't benefit him. However, that might still be the case where it benefits him in that there's so many gunnin' for him on the legal side of things, he may be counseled to come at least partially clean by naming names or more before they get ahold of someone they can put the squeeze on...one who could bring him down.

Either way, to name names or to fall on the mercy of the court, so to speak, it's startin' to look like he's more than concerned that reports have him being the major prize in this hunt...
Old 06-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #25
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Barry has dropped his lawsuit against the authors of "The Game of Shadows", as was previously stated. This, coupled with his recent change in behavior toward the investigators tells me that the book is likely correct and he wants to make a deal with someone before he is imprisoned.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #26
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedmace
Do you even pay attention when they were called to testify? Bonds said he unknowing did it. The flaxseed oil cream that was given to him contained steroids. Just the same as Sheffield. But both these guys UNKNOWINGLY knew this. This shows when you do steroids, you also become retarded.

Wake up man!
It was an honest mistake. I often unknowingly rub all kinds of wierd stuff all over my body. I turned out ok.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:58 AM   #27
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Old 06-13-2006, 04:26 AM   #28
Spikedmace
All-Star Player

Spikedmace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis
It was an honest mistake. I often unknowingly rub all kinds of wierd stuff all over my body. I turned out ok.
But i'm sure you didn't get those stuff from a trainer that's been known to be involved with steroids.
Spikedmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:47 PM   #29
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedmace
But i'm sure you didn't get those stuff from a trainer that's been known to be involved with steroids.
Actually it may be a little worse. It is this stuff that friends import from Mexico. It is really weird and I don't think it is legal in the US.

Let's keep that on the DL though.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote