Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #31
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Let Howard get some seasoning & it'll be a different beast the NBA has to deal with come playoff time.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #32
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

I still can't get enough of this story. It's just hysterical...:lol::lol::lol:

excerpt:

LeBron yells at mom to sit down after hard foul

Gloria James doesn't like to see her little boy get beat up.

So when she saw Paul Pierce drag LeBron James into the crowd on a drive to the basket, Gloria jumped up to his defense....

As Gloria approached the scuffle, Cleveland's star forward told his mom to sit down, using language that might have offended a few lipreaders.

"I told her to sit down with some language I shouldn't have used. Thank God today wasn't Mother's Day, it was yesterday," James said after Monday night's 88-77 victory.

But James swears he was just looking out for her, trying to make sure she doesn't miss any games.

"Even though that's my mother, the commissioner doesn't care if it's your mother or your kids or anybody, you can't allow fans and players to get involved like that. And I can't afford for my mom not to be at every last one of my games."

Kevin Garnett, trailing on the play, tried to calm her and Wally Szczerbiak approached her for a high five, but Gloria James was too angry to pay attention to either.

Szczerbiak was impressed. "She was fired up. It was great. She was animated, she was pumped up. She's LeBron's mother, she was obviously amped up like the rest of the crowd."

She returned to her seat shortly after, and the Cavs went on to win Game 4 and even the series against the Celtics at two games apiece.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #33
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

DE-TROIT BASKET-BALL! Orlando is just,...Orlando!:lol:
Old 05-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #34
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

With all of the history the Spurs have with Joey Crawford why on Earth is the NBA assigning him to work their playoff games?
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #35
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

My thoughts exactly.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #36
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Pistons do what's necessary while the Magic don't have what it takes...yet. For all the hype, Howard is still a little ways away from playoff comp. Not his fault, just the media machine.

Kudos to the Hornets for being the hungrier (& younger ) team. The Spurs hung with them again for a half but just looked old & indifferent in the 2nd half. Of course part is the Hornets doing it to them but it looks like the Spurs are doing their best to oblige too.

I'm questioning greatly the reserve left in TD & the boys.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #37
stellez847
Sports Enthusiast

stellez847 is on a distinguished road

Detroit sucks. They are so boring.
Dwight Howard reminds me of Julius Peppers...Great talent but you just can't see the passion for the game. And he needs to stop fading away when he makes baby-hook shots. Ewing did that, but atleast he made them. He needs to jump towards the basket.
Detroit still annoys me. It must be the boring uniforms that they have. Or maybe the boring players. The only one I will excuse is the Price, cuz that man can just play sick defense and I respect that.
Sheed just thinks that he never does anything wrong, which is why he's always complaining. RIP is just lucky no one was guarding him in Orlando cuz they can't play defense.
Oh and chauncey is aiiiiiiight.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #38
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Detroit really took care of business and didn't let this series linger into a lengthy one; props on that. I have lost a lot of respect for the Celtics, who cannot win on the road. Pathetic. What's funny about that picture is Garnett and Pierce appear to be retraining LeBron from his mom. Haha.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #39
Spikedmace
All-Star Player

Spikedmace is on a distinguished road

I still think the Lakers are going to win it all. But I have to admit, i'd be scared to play the Hornets. Chris Paul is the best point guard in the NBA! :thumbup:
Old 05-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #40
franco
Grizzled Veteran

franco is on a distinguished road

Hope the New Orleans Hornets will eliminate the champs of last year the San Antonio Spurs on the next game. N.O is a very good team with CP3.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #41
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

The Celts sure tried to help the Cavs out by giving the game away but apparently the Cavs were to 'gracious' to accept.

Meanwhile, the Jazz refused to accept a similar gift from LA by refusing to use their heads, block out, poor shot selection at key moments, etc. If Boozer had even mildly played better, the would have been the game to steal.

Game #5s are what separate the winners & losers of series as a rule. I think it's more than possible that 'the results are in' on these 2 match ups.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #42
GilbertArenas
All-Star Player

GilbertArenas is on a distinguished road

Enjoyed the games on TNT last night- It's nice to finally see Boston play with a solid game plan and recognize that Cleveland isn't that good, and that their players have some huge weaknesses that they can attack.

I'm hoping for a Hornets win, I just think they're much more fun to watch then the Spurs.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #43
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Cavs lose Gibson to separated shoulder

Now there's another shovel of dirt on the grave...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #44
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Is it me or is Luke Walton trying to throw games?

Whatever.

Spurs-Hornets tonite. Young Paul has stunned the Jedi Council with his play. Can grasshopper finish the job against master Duncan?
Old 05-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #45
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Is it me or is Luke Walton trying to throw games?

Whatever.
:lol:

Yea, he looks like he's playing his first game as a Laker each time he hits the floor. His hustling was his original charm but now it seems he's just hustling Buss for a paycheck...