Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

View Poll Results: Which Western Conference team will advance to the Western Finals?
Sacramento Kings 2 22.22%
Dallas Mavericks 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2002, 06:14 PM   #11
Spike
N.B.A. Moderator

Spike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Who cares about defence when you can score 120 a night?? Dallas doesnt need to play defence, they can easily outscore Sacremento. Mine still stand Dallas in 6.
By the way, it's spelled "Sacramento" with 2 a's not 2 "e's". I wouldn't pick on something as simple as spelling but you've misspelled it like 5 times now. Get it right.

By that kind of logic, the Mavericks should be able to outscore the Lakers the next series and sweep them since the Mavericks have a lot higher ppg average over the Lakers than they do the Kings. The Mavericks are a little better offensively but the Kings are a lot better defensively. Defense wins Championships and the Kings play a lot better defense than the Mavericks. Mavericks are 28th in defense. The Kings are 19th.

Sure the Mavericks looked good against the Timberwolves and the Kings didn't look that good against the Jazz but the Jazz play a different style than the Timberwolves. I bet if the Jazz had to face the Mavericks in the first round this year, they would have given them as much trouble as they did the Kings. They did last year. Dallas needed 5 games to get rid of Utah in the first round last season.

Quote:
However though it wont be so easy for Dallas because I dont expect the Kings to just roll over and die they'll put up a great fight. Will we see Webber step up in the 4th quarter?? Remains to be seen.
Well at least you gave them that.

Last edited by Spike; 05-04-2002 at 11:14 PM.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote