Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

View Poll Results: Who will win Series A?
Toronto Raptors 5 45.45%
Philadelphia 76ers 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2001, 03:54 PM   #31
Jersey Devil
All-Star Player

Jersey Devil is on a distinguished road
Default I love this series .....

This has been a back and forth battle by both teams.

Allen scores 54 in Game 2.
Vince scores 50 in Game 3 (9 three's).
Allen scores 52 in Game 5 (8 three's).

Both teams have seen their share of close games and blow-outs. Both teams are pulling out all stops to win. This is great!
Old 05-17-2001, 05:13 PM   #32
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

Game 5 was amazing for Philly...but extremely sad by Toronto.
Old 05-17-2001, 08:49 PM   #33
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I love this series .....

Quote:
Originally posted by Jersey Devil
Allen scores 54 in Game 2.
Vince scores 50 in Game 3 (9 three's).
Allen scores 52 in Game 5 (8 three's).
Something to add.... a lot of people weren't sure about this, but it IS true -- this series was the first time that players on opposing teams had back-to-back 50-point-or-more games in a playoff series.
Old 05-18-2001, 11:41 PM   #34
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Alright!... it was an outstanding Game 6... T.O. had a 19-or-something-point lead going into the 2nd half... Philly cut it down to two, but then the Raptors just took over... Carter... Mo-Pete... A.D.... Oakley... Alvin Williams... they were all there offensively, and everyone on the court played excellent defensively, shutting down Iverson and the 76ers.

Now, it's time to make your Game 7 predictions... I expect Iverson to step it up a bit more and have 30-40 points (unlike Game 6's 20), but still expect the Raptors to come out on top.

Everyone else?????
Old 05-19-2001, 12:07 AM   #35
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

Great game! I have absolutly no idea how this will come out... I hope its not another blowout. I want the Raptors to win so I'll just go w/ them.
Old 05-19-2001, 12:11 AM   #36
J_Sinclair
Grizzled Veteran

J_Sinclair is on a distinguished road

yeah, the raptors sure kicked butt, and the score doesn't really show what the game was like, cuz toronto was winning by like 18 with a minutes left, but wilkins had his cheesy players in and philli scored, but anyways, toronto won and now game 7 is commin up. Since it has been a back and forth series i think this game will go down to the last second, its due to be one of those last second games, so i think if carter has a good game, toronto will win, and if iverson has a good game, phillli will win, and if they both have a good game it'll go into O.T
Old 05-19-2001, 10:50 AM   #37
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Philly will win; Iverson will lead them to redemption after this big loss. Isn't this series interesting because of it's huge up and downs? One game, the Sixers look to be the better team by far, but the next game, the Raptors counteract.
Old 05-19-2001, 11:15 AM   #38
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Marc... what happened to "honestly (being) one of those people who thinks the Raptors can get by the Sixers"... geez, guy!!!!.... Choose a team and stick with it!!!

Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth... I can't keep track any more!!!
Old 05-19-2001, 01:40 PM   #39
Jersey Devil
All-Star Player

Jersey Devil is on a distinguished road
Default AH!!! I agree with Marc ...

It may not be that Philly is the better TEAM right now, but I do believe that Iverson will NOT let these guys lose a game after getting beat soundly in Game 6. I see another 40-50 point game on the horizon. Hopefully the game will go into OT, just for the excitement factor alone ... GREAT SERIES SO FAR!

BTW, Mutumbo has "guaranteed" victory, just like he did for Game 5. Just thought I'd let you in on that ...
Old 05-19-2001, 06:12 PM   #40
Marc
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by SC-Lee
Marc... what happened to "honestly (being) one of those people who thinks the Raptors can get by the Sixers"... geez, guy!!!!.... Choose a team and stick with it!!!

Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth... I can't keep track any more!!!
Lee, I never changed my pick of the Sixers winning! My post above yours didn't include anything about me changing my pick, I just said it has been interesting how one game, a team looks great, then the next game, the other team looks drastically better while the other doesn't. Lay off!
Old 05-19-2001, 07:37 PM   #41
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Jersey Devil.. what Motumbo said will probably be fuel for the Raptors... just like when Childs said the Raptors should sweep the 76ers...

Marc... no, you didn't say that in THAT post, but you did in other threads!!!.... just joking with you, buddy!

Also... Carter is going to the U of North Carolina for 11:00 AM on Sunday to attend his graduation.. then flying to Philly on a private jet and will make it 4 or so hours before the game...
Old 05-19-2001, 09:25 PM   #42
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

sounds like a big day for Carter...
Old 05-19-2001, 11:34 PM   #43
Marc
Administrator

Default Distractions

Did anyone see the halftime show of today's Western Conference Finals game? They talked about Vince Carter making possibly a poor judgement choice by going to his college graduation on the SAME day as a Game Seven, the biggest game of his and his team's lives. What are your opinions on this? If he plays poorly, no one will allow him to blame this on it. And if he plays great and they win, which I don't expect, this will be forgotten about and will be thought of as a motivational factor for him.
Old 05-19-2001, 11:54 PM   #44
J_Sinclair
Grizzled Veteran

J_Sinclair is on a distinguished road

these guys are imbiciles, his graduation is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity, and i think it will motivate him to play well. anyways, he'll be in phili at about 1:30 tomorrow and the game wil start at 5:30!

also, the raptors are going to win tomorrow, i said they'd beat NYK and i'm saying their gonna beat philli
Old 05-20-2001, 12:00 AM   #45
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Right on!, J_Sinclair... like one of the CDN media stations said, "Remember, they won Game Five in Madison Square Garden, and that building is MUCH more intimidating than the First Union Center."
Closed Thread