Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Old 03-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough
Default Who Possesses the Best Tools in Baseball?

As for muscle u can't leave out David Ortiz or Manny Ramirez along with Ryan Howard.

As for swinging as hot stick u can't leave out Brian McCann. This kid is a a great pure hitter. I see him winning a batting title just like Joe Mauer did in 2006.

As for arms Ben Sheet is going to have a breakout season in 2007 I feel. He can throw as hard as Clemens and throw with finess like Maddux as Steve Phillips explains in his article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/previe...eve&id=2814976
Old 03-30-2007, 03:10 AM   #2
Spikedmace
All-Star Player

Spikedmace is on a distinguished road

Alex Rodriguez. Guy plays gold glove 3b and ss. Won MVP for 2 different place teams. Hits for average, hits homers, drives in runs and can run the bases with speed. On pace to shatter Hank Aaron's homerun record. Need we say more?
Spikedmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

A'Rod needs to get back to a place where he can play comfortably in order to break any records. Presently, he is not in that place.
As to best tools in the game, Carl Crawford of the D'Rays has a lot of potential to be a super-star. Vernon Wells and Alexis Rios of the Jays have great talent.
Jose Reyes could become the best SS in the game and stay there for a long time.
Offensively, Rickie Weeks is as good as any 2B, but he has some real issues with his glove.
Chase Utley has the total package at 2B and is the standard for players at that position right now.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

I think Cano is one of the best Pure hitters. That guy is going to win Multiple batting titles.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
davematthews3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

A-Rod was brutal in the field last year which is why Pujols is widely considered the best in the game now. He needs to rebound this year to get back into contention for best all around. The only thing lacking in Pujols' game is elite speed.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:24 AM   #6
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Pujols plays at a position where speed is not necessary, but decent speed is a bonus.
Another guy I forgot is Grady Sizemore (how could I forget him. I've met him and he is a really nice kid). He can do everything, except leave "bad" pitches alone. As I said about Gomes, he will hit mistakes out of the park, but can be pitched to. If one watches his approach at the plate, one can find the holes in his swing. He does not handle a good fastball at his hands well, but it must miss inside if it misses. If it misses over the plate, it will not come back.
Grady is one of the fastest guys in baseball, and a smart baserunner as well. He plays very well in CF and has a plus arm.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote