Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #16
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

The American Nazi Party, David Berkowitz, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Kaczynski, Ku Klux Klan, Charles Manson, Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Dennis Rader, etc.....

Thank God people don't judge me based on my skin color, solely on the basis of the idiotic and unforgiveable acts that have been committed by members of my own race.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:22 AM   #17
kirby
Banned

kirby is an unknown quantity at this point

Yo yo yo, toby, your angst is entirely misdirected. Let's look at some fun FACTS, shall we?

In the 25-29 age group about 1 in 13 black men in the United States are in prison.

Compare that with about 1 in 100 white men in the United States being in prison.

"Your" people are doing mighty fine, no?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #18
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
I have been posting on a white supremacy forum. I ran into the boards after I ran across their site about how bad a person Martin Luther King was. That site had a link to their forums. What is scary is that this group has almost 100,000 members. They have a large group following online and it is scary...
Question Ellis...

Should Latin people have an advocacy organization? Should Asian people have an advocacy organization? Should Black people have an advocacy organization? Should White people have an advocacy organization?

Each cultural, ethinic, and race group in the United States serves as an advocacy group for its members...

Perhaps the folks you encountered are a bit peeved about their children being blamed for slavery, their children being denied scholarships due to affirmative action, and their children being put down for a generation or more for no reason other than the white color of their skin.

Perhaps... you need to examine a subject from all sides... I am not for a minute advocating some of the "white supremacy hate" that you evidently encountered, however for more than a generation some innocent kids have been made to carry a burden that shouldn't be theirs to carry...and who is looking out for them? Where is their national organization and advocacy group?

Last edited by IntheNet; 12-04-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #19
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

The folks he encountered, I can almost assure you, are nothing of the sort. These are the same kinds of people who hated black people when they were in chains, or when they were eating at separate restaurants and going to separate schools. Look, I don't like affirmative action and any racial distinctions made by the government any more than you seem to, but this is completely different. These people would hate black people no matter what the government did, or what scholarship some school handed out was. They may offer these up as reasons, so they seem a bit more rational, but its not true. Talk to a racist. After you get through his shield of b.s. crap about scholarships and all that, you will find out the real reasons for their hate...and they're petty, ignorant, and monstrous.

Last edited by Richard the Lionheart; 12-04-2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #20
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

I don't know how to delete my posts. Man, I really screwed this up. I edited the wrong one. I was trying to quote from IntheNet's third paragraph regarding affirmative action and scholarships, but it got all screwed up. Anyway, that is what I'm addressing in my post.

Last edited by Richard the Lionheart; 12-04-2006 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Wanted to quote from IntheNet
Old 12-05-2006, 01:05 AM   #21
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Don't worry Ricky, we all do it

Look, I don't see it as ' I want to be with my own people.' The whole point is that we are all people. One day when I was in kindergarten, I came home and told my mom that I made a new best friend. My mom asked me to describe him and I just said short, dark, curly hair. We went and looked in the yearbook (which we already had) and we finally found him. My mom asked "why didn't you just say that he was black?" I didn't know why. I just didn't know race then. And man, I would do anything to be like that again. Just not acknowledge race. The world would be so much better if we were like that. We are all human beings. We all have the same emotions, the same dreams, and the same hopes. That makes us all the same.

Can I see why racists could be mad about how society hates them and blames a lot of the problems in the past on them, but tough. Fix it. Don't complain about it and continue to the things that people don't like you for in the first place.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:12 PM   #22
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

BigBuddhaPup is on a distinguished road

This country was all ready founded when it was "founded"...

MLK wasn't for "his people", he was for "all people"... his history is very interesting, and he had some transgressions, but his overall message was brilliant... he has to be one of the premier Americans of all time...

All discrimination at its core has ignorance. Unfortunately, human ignorance like human intelligence has no bounds. On the bright side, from antedotal point of view, I have seen a lot of changes in our society, I can only hope that we march forward.. I think John Lennon's Imagine spoke to this ideal.. no, John, you aren't the only one...

:thumbup: Go Steelers....
"So it goes"
Old 12-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #23
carter08
Mr. Tambourine Man

carter08 is on a distinguished road

Ellis

I think i have found the board you described.
The place is horrible
The people are complete hypocrits
Old 12-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #24
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

Location: Originally NY, Temporarily San Diego but moving to Boston!
NYG Babe 28 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post
The American Nazi Party, David Berkowitz, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Kaczynski, Ku Klux Klan, Charles Manson, Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Dennis Rader, etc.....

Thank God people don't judge me based on my skin color, solely on the basis of the idiotic and unforgiveable acts that have been committed by members of my own race.
Excellent point. I can't believe I am reading insinuations by some members on here that there would be less violence if there were more white people and less black people... are you people serious? You should never judge a person based on the color of their skin, race or any other physical characteristic. That is the most ignorant and absurd thing I have ever heard. It is people like this that are the "REAL" problem with society. I would not want to be judged by the actions of other's based upon skin color or race... that is just ludicrous. We are all one race the human race!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:51 PM   #25
wufpax
cbs refugee

wufpax is on a distinguished road

:cheers: Babe!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #26
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Easy, Babe...

Like any site, we have the occasional attention getters who crave our indignation. Posts like kirby's just makes us wonder what a "kirby" is, nothing more...
Old 12-19-2006, 12:03 AM   #27
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

Location: Originally NY, Temporarily San Diego but moving to Boston!
NYG Babe 28 is on a distinguished road

Sorry Tarkus,
I am very passionate and I have a big mouth... LOL. It makes things interesting... yikes
Old 12-19-2006, 12:08 AM   #28
Heathen
Don't call it a comeback

Heathen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256 View Post
My Bible teaches to love everyone and treat everyone the same. No matter of color or race or whatever. But man will be man.
As long as they believe in your God right?

tumblr | twitter
Old 12-19-2006, 12:10 AM   #29
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

No, no, no, Babe...

Whip 'em good...:thumbup:

After they've worked so hard to earn it, we wouldn't be being fair if we held back their "reward"....
Old 12-19-2006, 12:10 AM   #30
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
As long as they believe in your God right?
lol. So true about religion.
Closed Thread