Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 12-19-2006, 05:52 PM   #526
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

Location: Originally NY, Temporarily San Diego but moving to Boston!
NYG Babe 28 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by illallowit View Post
I can't even keep up with this thread. I sign off for a mere 8 hours and I miss like 10 pages. lol. It's pretty cool though. I'm still waiting for uncommon to post a thread of his own...
Hi Illallowit,
The key is to not sleep... so you don't miss anything.. :lol:
It's not an issue for me b/c I am an insomniac... but I can see how that may be tough for some.

Last edited by NYG Babe 28; 12-19-2006 at 05:52 PM. Reason: typo
NYG Babe 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:52 PM   #527
grifter
Skateboarding thug, Baby!

grifter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFan View Post
Hello former CBS posters ..I see you are getting comfortable here.How is it so far. I have not done much posting yet .Busy with Holiday stuff.Any of the"Bad People" follow over yet ?? Hey WULFPAX and Crew...
Yea it is a lot better of a place here. Even better than CBS before the hassles.

I reckon it might take you awhile to get used to the features and all here but once you do you will love em.

I played golf once. While everyone else was trying to hit holes in one, I hit a person. Let me tell ya that was so much more fun. I didn't know you were supposed to yell Four, I was to busy mumbling "I'm gonna miss him, alittle bit more to the left"
grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #528
grifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG Babe 28 View Post
Hey grifter,
I have over 5,00 replies on there in less than 2 months. I have had over 110,000 views too! Isn't that crazy. Seems like I had a lot of lurkers... must be my lovely stalkers. I can't believe its still the #1 thread over on sportsline still... yikes! Hey I may just start my Dear NYG Babe here soon... maybe.. maybe. I must admit I did enjoy playing Dear Abby over on CBS. The advice to the guys with their old ladies was def fun to give.. we'll see. I just don't know if it would go over well here... as I don't have my crowd of followers over here like I did over there. LOL! :lol:
I remember that, and everyone started to get alittle worked up cuz you couldn't answer them all in a timely fashion. And if you start it here and it becomes as popular then I will step in yet again to help answer for you

I played golf once. While everyone else was trying to hit holes in one, I hit a person. Let me tell ya that was so much more fun. I didn't know you were supposed to yell Four, I was to busy mumbling "I'm gonna miss him, alittle bit more to the left"
Old 12-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #529
wufpax
cbs refugee

wufpax is on a distinguished road

Pats fan its peaceful, quiet and serene!

Babe, now if I recall, you told me I could answer questions on the other one, so I will offer my services again if necessary...

Hi all...:wavey:
Old 12-19-2006, 06:46 PM   #530
NYG Babe 28
Dear Abby of Sports

Location: Originally NY, Temporarily San Diego but moving to Boston!
NYG Babe 28 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Wuffy & Grifter for the offer.
Yes, people freaked out when I didn't answer my reponses ever darn day. But when I was on for awhile everyday I was accussed of being ugly and having no life. You just can't win I figured...LOL! I also remember some of you got attacked for answering my questions b/c they wanted me to answer... it was all so sad.
I will let you know when I start it up. I am actually leaving in 2 hours for NY and Boston. So I doubt I will be around much. I will be back the day after Christmas!
Happy Holidays Everyone. Don't miss me too much!
XOXO
Old 12-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #531
grifter

Then You Have a good xmas and new years. Just remember Santa is supposed to bring you to Fl for my present....................yea right. Like I'll ever be that good in any part of the year.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #532
Ravana
Revolution w/b improvised

Ravana is on a distinguished road

Wanted to pass this on from my thread, from one of the mods:

Quote:
I do have one quibble (it's a QUIBBLE, not a CRITICISM) in which you guys are violating not a rule of SC, but an idiosyncrasy of SC. You guys double-post like crazy! Before the Great Immigration, we would gently chide newcomers for doing so. I guess we sort of collectively groupthought that two posts in a row by the same person looks wrong, and hence you should edit your most recent post to add on to it, rather than make a new one, if yours is still the last post in the thread. So there.
Let's help these guys out, and edit rather than repost if ours is still the last post on the thread, eh, Refugees? After all, it's one of the reasons we came here....

Cool! I just did it--twice, now--and it works fine!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #533
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

BigBuddhaPup is on a distinguished road

Ravana,

Who is posting twice?

Ravana,

Who is posting twice?

oooooh, deja vu... ooooh, deja vu...

OCD, OCD, OCD, OCD....

:thumbup: Go Steelers....
"So it goes"
BigBuddhaPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #534
grifter

^ nice try but ravana isn't talking about it like that. Rather having back to back post by the same person even if they are entirly diffrent subject matters. If you post once in response to someone then when you respond to the next person to go back into the first respons and edit in your second response.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #535
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

BigBuddhaPup is on a distinguished road

I liked my explanation better...it was more amusing...so in my best Bush-esque manner, I am going to stay the course...

:thumbup: Go Steelers....
"So it goes"
BigBuddhaPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:01 PM   #536
grifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuddhaPup View Post
I liked my explanation better...it was more amusing...so in my best Bush-esque manner, I am going to stay the course...
haha if your gonna do it in your best bush-esque manner then your popularity and approval ratings are going to shoot straight down really quick. Don't worry though i will be one of dem dar followers who will support your every decision...................eh almost.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:30 PM   #537
PPKA
PuntPass&KickAss

PPKA is on a distinguished road

gotcha, thanks for popping one up the ole intake Ravana.

I'll call it the dannywon rule

does that apply to posting pics also? just wondering.

Last edited by PPKA; 12-19-2006 at 10:32 PM. Reason: additional question
PPKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:28 PM   #538
grifter

Even if it does your a little late, I saw your thread. Good pics by the way!

Old 12-20-2006, 06:18 AM   #539
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

So are any of you guys feeling more at home yet?
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:07 AM   #540
PPKA
PuntPass&KickAss

PPKA is on a distinguished road

ya, you betcha