Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Are you still on the Survivor bandwagon?
Yes 6 46.15%
No 3 23.08%
In the middle 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2002, 09:18 AM   #46
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

Ya, I could have done that... but order is not a factor so therefore I could not have done 13P8

.....if only this were a question on my math test yesterday :uhoh:

lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 10:44 AM   #47
Nate
Sports Virtuoso

Nate is on a distinguished road

Ahhh! My head hurts...lol...I had a Calc test yesterday. TOO....MUCH....MATH...

Go Colts! Go Boilers! Go Pacers! [[email protected]nspencer]
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 05:41 PM   #48
defska17
All-Star Player

defska17 is on a distinguished road

haha Lee

Calc, as of yet, has been surprisingly easy. Maybe thats just me. Im in Calc 2 and havent had any problems yet.
defska17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 03:11 AM   #49
Spike
N.B.A. Moderator

Spike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gina

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate:

Eh. Sarah is definately better. But Gina isnt bad, IMO.
Yeah I agree about Gina, Nate.

She sure looks great in that black bikini.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 04:45 PM   #50
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Good timing, the next episode is on tonight. I'll be watching as I have tomorrow off, nothing to do tonight.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 01:09 AM   #51
Nate
Sports Virtuoso

Maraamu (sp?) won! Wow! Interesting how they were allowed to raid Rotu's camp.

It kinda sucks how everyone on Rotu just decided to get rid of Gabe like that. Oh well...

Old 03-29-2002, 03:04 AM   #52
Spike
N.B.A. Moderator

Exclamation Marammu wins

Yeah, wow, I'm shock, Marammu actually won one!
Old 03-29-2002, 09:41 AM   #53
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Yeah, big shocker! I'm mad I missed most of last night's episode - turned it on at 8:36 EST and just in time for the end of some activity and the beginning of the tribal counsel.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 03:36 AM   #54
Spike
N.B.A. Moderator

Thumbs down Gina being off tonight

Wow, shocker, Gina got booted tonight. Gee, I didn't see that one coming.

If I was Gina, when Jeff Probst asked her something about this new tribe being family, I would have said something like, "I know these guys are going to vote me off because I'm the last of the original Marammu. I don't care what they say". Hehe.

And you know with the tribes merging, all the last original Marammu like Sean and Rob will be voted off. So it's not like that tribe switching thing actually worked to make things "more interesting". If anything, it made things less interesting because if they hadn't made the tribe switch, who knows, maybe Marammu would have string together some Immunity Challenge wins to have a chance after the merge. Unfortunately the originial Marammu people were outnumbered on both new sides.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:55 PM   #55
defska17
All-Star Player

The switch did kinda cheapen the show...though I still expected Kathy to go last night instead of Gina. But Im not sure if we can count out Rob/Sean yet. Its obvious that the 3 ex-Rotu current Maraamu people were upset about them voting off that one guy last week, so maybe Rob can work that against the 4 that are allied in Maraamu.

The way I see it, there are the 4 allied, the 3 ex-Rotu current Maraamu, and the 3 ex-Maraamu current Rotu and I dont think that the Maraamu people will group back together as easily as you think.
Old 04-06-2002, 11:31 AM   #56
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

did you guys all see the previews for next week!?... looks to be like a LOT of controversey at the new camp :nod:

....I think this is the best Survivor ever 'cuz before, the tribes were always 5-5 going into the merge and there wasn't enough controversy.`
Old 04-06-2002, 12:45 PM   #57
Nate
Sports Virtuoso

Well, they certainly generated controversy. Though I still think it was stupid to split the teams up like that.

Old 04-13-2002, 05:45 PM   #58
Spike
N.B.A. Moderator

Default Rob being voted off and Re: the Best Ever "Survivor"

Well Rob was voted off last Thursday night.

I don't think that's a surprise. I was thinking before it would be Rob, Sean and Vecepia (I think that's how you spell it anyways. I'm too lazy to go to C.B.S's website and look at the exact spelling) going in that order. And I still wouldn't be surprised if that happened, because Sean's the strongest of the last original Marammu.

Quote:
Originally posted by SC-Lee:

....I think this is the best Survivor ever
Ah, I still think the best Survivor ever was the very first one. Because it was a new game show and the whole country was into it. Freaking, 51 million people watched that Finale. I remember you even had other major networks (besides C.B.S.) even talking about it on their national newscasts.

I would even go as far as to say the first Survivor might have been the best game show ever if you think of all the hype that surrounded it. And it actually lived up to the hype! I mean, I didn't know anybody at all, who actually thought Richard was going to win that thing. :no way:
Old 04-14-2002, 04:22 AM   #59
defska17
All-Star Player

Default Re: Rob being voted off and Re: the Best Ever "Survivor"

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike
Well Rob was voted off last Thursday night.

I don't think that's a surprise. I was thinking before it would be Rob, Sean and Vecepia (I think that's how you spell it anyways. I'm too lazy to go to C.B.S's website and look at the exact spelling) going in that order. And I still wouldn't be surprised if that happened, because Sean's the strongest of the last original Marammu.
I was actually surprised to see Rob go so easily. He seemed too obsessed with stirring up trouble then actually trying to stay alive in the game. I mean, he could have easily gotten Kathy, Neleh, and the old guy (his name escapes me) against John. Instead, he makes no effort to confront Neleh and old guy, and simply confuses Kathy. Kathy's vote for Zoe (I assume she voted her) shows how dumb Kathy is and how much she deserves to lose.

Quote:
Ah, I still think the best Survivor ever was the very first one. Because it was a new game show and the whole country was into it. Freaking, 51 million people watched that Finale. I remember you even had other major networks (besides C.B.S.) even talking about it on their national newscasts.

I would even go as far as to say the first Survivor might have been the best game show ever if you think of all the hype that surrounded it. And it actually lived up to the hype! I mean, I didn't know anybody at all, who actually thought Richard was going to win that thing. :no way:
The first was definitely the best because it was new and the contestants didnt know what to expect.

The first one was new and original and just amazing.
The second one didnt really have anything special about it...no outstanding characters, nothing interesting, just a disapointment.
The third was definitely the hardest (for the contestants), but it was almost tiring to watch because the were getting just too worked out there. There were some interesting characters in this one though (Big Tom :lol: )
The fourth is easily the most dramatic and therefore the best for television. Rob and Sean rebelling was hilarious, and the lying and backstabbing going on has been brought to a new level. Its great!

As for best game show ever, Im not sure if it actually classifies as a game show. I mean, it is a game, but it seems to be more reality tv then anything. I dunno...thats a toughie..
Old 04-14-2002, 09:50 AM   #60
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Spike -- That's right -- "no one" thought Richard would win . . . everyone predicted Rudy to win EXCEPT ME WHO PREDICTED RICHARD. I have a nack for predicting these games when it comes down to the final 4. I've got all the Survivors correct before the final show airs, plus The Mole (oh, ABC -- **PLEASE** bring The Mole back!!!!!).

This one's pretty good. I'd say #1 or #2 out of the Survivors just 'cuz all the controversy and because the tribes didn't go in all square this time.