Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 04-28-2004, 05:28 AM   #1
CaneFan17
Rookie Player

CaneFan17 is on a distinguished road
Default Canes in the Draft

15 Canes taken in first round in last 3 years. That is just amazing!

I love my Canes *sighs*

<<ADMIN EDIT: Advertising removed, you have been warned.>>

Last edited by Marc; 04-30-2004 at 07:01 PM.
CaneFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:36 AM   #2
digital7
Deep South

digital7 is on a distinguished road

yeah.. it was great to see 6 of em' go in the 1st Round.. but I was more impressed with Ohio State's 14 in the total 7 round draft. I think it's the first time that amount of players were ever selected from a single school. quite a feat in my opinion. it was John Cooper's last recruiting class from my understanding.. he went out with a bang..

I was a bit disappointed that Jarrett Payton wasnt drafted tho. I was almost certain a team would give him a chance in the later rounds. I had projected him gone by the end of the 6th Round, but he slipped out completely with Jason Geathers who got picked up by Cleveland via free agency.
digital7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:04 PM   #3
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

The wierd part of the Canes draftees was that 2/3 were taken in the first, and the other 1/3 were taken in the last draft. Doesn't speak well to their depth, really. They have top line players, and then.... nothing.

Ohio State, as digital pointed out, had a record number taken for a 7 seven round draft, and a player taken in every round (actually, I didn't check that, but that's what I recall).

I was surprised JPayton didn't get drafted, too. Still, in all, he had a pretty limited experience at Miami, so... maybe more surprising that I haven't seen his name appear in a free agents signing list. Sometimes, bloodlines count whether they should or not (Eli Manning) and sometimes, they don't.

{shrug}

Dave
Old 05-16-2004, 04:24 PM   #4
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

tigereyes33 is on a distinguished road

Wow, shows how overrated coach Larry Coker is. With all that talent he should be winning the national championship every year, especially since he was in the Big East. Also, with FSU being somewhat down since Rix has been there. I wouldn't be too proud of that. I don't really care how my school's alum do professionally. I want them to succeed in college rather than the NFL.
tigereyes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 04:30 PM   #5
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

tigereyes33 is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah, and I hope Eli's prissy a$$ falls on his face. His dad is whining about him going to San Diego. I really did not think he was all that great in college. I think the name Manning had a lot to do with the publicity that he got. He should just be happy about going #1, rather than which team it is to. You didn't hear Michael Vick complaining when the Chargers were lined up to get him, and he is a much better player than Eli will ever be. Or did you see Carson Palmer complaining about the Bengals (which looked like the worst possible place to go a year ago). Then Eli goes to New York and buys his number from the punter. I think the punter should have told him he was a rookie and could wear a different number and show that everyone doesn't have to ride this kid's jock strap just because of his name. It's just ridiculous. I would really like to see him fail.
tigereyes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:46 PM   #6
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

33--Good to see you again. And I couldn't agree with you more on Eli. I sure as s*** hope he gets whacked around good this year. And every year, as far as I'm concerned.

Dave