Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 01:05 PM   #31
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

^ Yes, they definitley have some flaws they need to fix. I was just excited to see them win their opening game.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #32
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
I can't put too much lipstick on the pig that was the Cal-Tenn game but it was a million miles from home in one of the most intimidating stadiums in the country. Still...that will only get you so far when your ass was down 35-0 at one point. I was PISSED when we got a bite to eat after the game in Columbus and saw that score at the bar.
I hope you were able to keep your food down, Buckeye!

Seriously, I for one was not surprised of the outcome of the Cal/Tenn game, just at how much of a blowout it really was. Although it was the first game and there's still more to come, I am convinced that Tennessee's horrid season last year was a fluke, and don't look forward to the Gators visiting Knoxville in 2 weeks......
Old 09-04-2006, 04:49 PM   #33
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedon1970 View Post
I hope you were able to keep your food down, Buckeye!

Seriously, I for one was not surprised of the outcome of the Cal/Tenn game, just at how much of a blowout it really was. Although it was the first game and there's still more to come, I am convinced that Tennessee's horrid season last year was a fluke, and don't look forward to the Gators visiting Knoxville in 2 weeks......
I just HATE the f***ing SEC. Hate 'em. Arizona is at LSU this weekend. You have no idea how bad I want this one.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #34
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I am convinced that Tennessee's horrid season last year was a fluke, and don't look forward to the Gators visiting Knoxville in 2 weeks......
Nah Sue, just remember UT's theme song:

"Rocky flop,
You'll always be,
3rd in the SEC.
Good ole Rocky Flop,
WOOOOO!
Rocky Flop Tennessee."

Old 09-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #35
suedon1970
Sports Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
Nah Sue, just remember UT's theme song:

"Rocky flop,
You'll always be,
3rd in the SEC.
Good ole Rocky Flop,
WOOOOO!
Rocky Flop Tennessee."

:lol: :lol:

So true.....so true......
Old 09-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #36
suedon1970
Sports Chick

Quote:
I just HATE the f***ing SEC. Hate 'em. Arizona is at LSU this weekend. You have no idea how bad I want this one.
I just HATE the f***ing Big Ten. Hate 'em. OSU is at Texas this weekend. You have no idea how bad I want this one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #37
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Ya know Sue...it would be nice for Florida to meet Ohio State on the field to settle things once and for all but we both know that will never happen. It won't go down for 2 reasons...

1. Florida can't get win their way to a high bowl (like Ohio State...who is the only NCAA team with a 4-0 mark in the BCS).

2. The Gators will never schedule a squad from a state that doesn't have a Moonshine Day as well as a grits eating contest at the state fair.

Oh well. I guess that's why we sent down a boy from northeast Ohio to fix all your problems. You guys need the help.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #38
suedon1970
Sports Chick

Quote:
Ya know Sue...it would be nice for Florida to meet Ohio State on the field to settle things once and for all but we both know that will never happen. It won't go down for 2 reasons...

1. Florida can't get win their way to a high bowl (like Ohio State...who is the only NCAA team with a 4-0 mark in the BCS).

2. The Gators will never schedule a squad from a state that doesn't have a Moonshine Day as well as a grits eating contest at the state fair.

Oh well. I guess that's why we sent down a boy from northeast Ohio to fix all your problems. You guys need the help.
No, I believe the meeting between the two schools won't happen for these two reasons:

1. OSU players & coaches can't read , so therefore can't locate Florida on a simple map of the USA....and

2. OSU will never schedule a squad from a state that doesn't have a neo-Nazi booth and cow-tipping contest at the state fair.

Oh, don't feel too sorry for the Gators Buckeye: a Southern boy DID fix some problems and led them to a National Championship 10 years ago. The jury's still out on your Ohio boy.......
Old 09-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #39
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No, I believe the meeting between the two schools won't happen for these two reasons:

1. OSU players & coaches can't read , so therefore can't locate Florida on a simple map of the USA....and

2. OSU will never schedule a squad from a state that doesn't have a neo-Nazi booth and cow-tipping contest at the state fair.
Number one isn't even worth discussing, and number two isn't true, doesn't make sense, and actually wouldn't really even prevent us from scheduling Florida. Ohio State and the Big Ten have consistenly proven their desire to schedule big time programs for their nonconference schedule, while the SEC has not...and I'm not even an SEC hater, I respect the conference, and happen to think it is damn good.

Quote:
Oh, don't feel too sorry for the Gators Buckeye: a Southern boy DID fix some problems and led them to a National Championship 10 years ago. The jury's still out on your Ohio boy.......
All that can be said to that is Spurrier voluntarily left the university...let him go. If memory serves U of F was elated to land Meyer...I would think one year wouldn't change that. Oh but what am I saying? I'm sure you guys already hatched this all out in PM. my bad.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #40
suedon1970
Sports Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky the Kid View Post
Number one isn't even worth discussing, and number two isn't true, doesn't make sense, and actually wouldn't really even prevent us from scheduling Florida. Ohio State and the Big Ten have consistenly proven their desire to schedule big time programs for their nonconference schedule, while the SEC has not...and I'm not even an SEC hater, I respect the conference, and happen to think it is damn good.

All that can be said to that is Spurrier voluntarily left the university...let him go. If memory serves U of F was elated to land Meyer...I would think one year wouldn't change that. Oh but what am I saying? I'm sure you guys already hatched this all out in PM. my bad.
Ricky, did you even read Buckeye's comments before you started attacking mine? No, I didn't think so........

This is known as "playful banter" between somewhat friendly college football fan rivals, Ricky. But I guess you probably do think it would be logical that we have moonshine & a grits eating contest at the Florida State Fair.

No S*** Spurrier left on his own terms - he wanted to try and coach in the NFL and his experiment didn't work out. UF fans (myself included) were elated that we got Meyer after the Zook experience. Buck, in his funny, teasing way , said that UF had to rely on an Ohio boy to get us out of our mess. I just said the jury's still out on that - too early to tell after one season and one game.

Geez, just having fun with each other Ricky. You need to stop taking everything so literal - it will add years to your life........

Edit: SEC not scheduling big time programs for their non-conference schedules?????? Did you NOT watch any games this weekend or in the last few years, Ricky??? Give me a break!!!!!

Last edited by suedon1970; 09-05-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #41
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Hell hath no fury... get'em Sue.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #42
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Ummm yeah Ricky...chill man. Damn.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #43
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ricky, did you even read Buckeye's comments before you started attacking mine? No, I didn't think so........
Yes, I read the entire thread. Amazingly, your assumption is incorrect. Perhaps you should wait for the answer to your question next time.

Quote:
This is known as "playful banter" between somewhat friendly college football fan rivals, Ricky.
Well, to begin with, the notion that this is playful banter is at least relatively unclear after you made a post complaining about it very recently. Since I don't know what exactly happened there, and since buckeye was kind enough to ignore my PM, I still don't know. I gathered from his subsequent tirade that his anger was directed at particular Mods, but I don't really know what exactly to make of your little "banter" now. Your post responding to his didn't seem like "playful banter", but I'm willing to give you both the benefit of the doubt. I'll assume it was.

But if this is playful banter (which I will accept), and if you are going to subject us to it in damn near every thread (which you do), at least do us the favor of having it make some sense. I defy you, or anyone, to explain the logic behind your second point in the original post I responded to. Its baffling. I've tried like six times. It makes absolutely NO sense. What is it even implying? That OSU will only schedule southern schools? I have no idea what you are talking about.

This is a college football forum, not the "flirt with buckeye" forum. If you can't tolerate other people responding to your posts...then just send messages to him. I'm just responding to someone, in a similar tone in which they posted...asking them to explain their reasoning...if they used any at all. And I am open for an explanation, I'm genuinely curious.

Quote:
No S*** Spurrier left on his own terms - he wanted to try and coach in the NFL and his experiment didn't work out. UF fans (myself included) were elated that we got Meyer after the Zook experience. Buck, in his funny, teasing way , said that UF had to rely on an Ohio boy to get us out of our mess. I just said the jury's still out on that - too early to tell after one season and one game.
Thank you, this at least makes sense. See, playful banter is so much more gratifying when there is some truth in it. I still don't understand the desire for Florida fans to worship a man who left their program, but whatever. I don't care anymore.

Quote:
SEC not scheduling big time programs for their non-conference schedules?????? Did you NOT watch any games this weekend or in the last few years, Ricky??? Give me a break!!!!!
I watched parts of USC-Ark, the only game you can probably point to. Are there any others worth mentioning?
Old 09-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #44
suedon1970
Sports Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky the Kid View Post
Yes, I read the entire thread. Amazingly, your assumption is incorrect. Perhaps you should wait for the answer to your question next time.

Well, to begin with, the notion that this is playful banter is at least relatively unclear after you made a post complaining about it very recently. Since I don't know what exactly happened there, and since buckeye was kind enough to ignore my PM, I still don't know. I gathered from his subsequent tirade that his anger was directed at particular Mods, but I don't really know what exactly to make of your little "banter" now. Your post responding to his didn't seem like "playful banter", but I'm willing to give you both the benefit of the doubt. I'll assume it was.

But if this is playful banter (which I will accept), and if you are going to subject us to it in damn near every thread (which you do), at least do us the favor of having it make some sense. I defy you, or anyone, to explain the logic behind your second point in the original post I responded to. Its baffling. I've tried like six times. It makes absolutely NO sense. What is it even implying? That OSU will only schedule southern schools? I have no idea what you are talking about.

This is a college football forum, not the "flirt with buckeye" forum. If you can't tolerate other people responding to your posts...then just send messages to him. I'm just responding to someone, in a similar tone in which they posted...asking them to explain their reasoning...if they used any at all. And I am open for an explanation, I'm genuinely curious.

Thank you, this at least makes sense. See, playful banter is so much more gratifying when there is some truth in it. I still don't understand the desire for Florida fans to worship a man who left their program, but whatever. I don't care anymore.

I watched parts of USC-Ark, the only game you can probably point to. Are there any others worth mentioning?
First of all, Ricky, based on the "flirting" comment in your post above, I want to thank you for confirming my suspicions about you all along.

The "playful banter" or "flirting" that you seem to think occurs between Buckeye & myself and have a problem with is almost 90% of the time instigated by Buckeye when he makes fun of the South and SEC football. This is the ONLY time I make "friendly banter" with him (other than in the 20,000 post thread in the lounge). Have you noticed that YOU are the ONLY one that seems to have a problem with it? People on these boards make comments all the time that I don't agree with, but I don't attack them every chance I get like you seem to do with me. Which goes back to the first sentence of this post.

And, since you obviously don't "get" my original post: In the second statement I was referring to midwestern schools and the state of Ohio in particular. It was a joke:lol: (notice the laugh, Ricky), just like I took Buckeye's second statement as a joke (UF HAS played teams outside of their conference outside of the South(granted not a lot, but...), and FYI Ricky: we don't have grit eating contests or Moonshine at the Fla State Fair-just had to clarify that).

As for the SEC playing big-time schools outside of their conference: maybe I misunderstood your definition of "Big-Time" but several SEC schools played Pac-10 teams last week, and Vanderbilt played Michigan, so...... Also, I believe Tennessee played Notre Dame last year, correct?
Old 09-06-2006, 01:01 PM   #45
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Quote:
Have you noticed that YOU are the ONLY one that seems to have a problem with it? People on these boards make comments all the time that I don't agree with, but I don't attack them every chance I get like you seem to do with me.
Maybe they don't. I don't know what they think. I'm just saying, every thread doesn't have to end in the same ridiculous fashion. Now that you explained your point a little more I guess I see what you were trying to do. A "we're hicks, but so are you" deal. Okay, I can appreciate that. Probably not really very accurate, but I get it. Anyway, I don't really ever recall doing anything that could be called "attacking" with regards to you, except in my last post. Either way, no point in dragging this out, I don't care anymore.

Quote:
As for the SEC playing big-time schools outside of their conference: maybe I misunderstood your definition of "Big-Time" but several SEC schools played Pac-10 teams last week, and Vanderbilt played Michigan, so...... Also, I believe Tennessee played Notre Dame last year, correct?
Guess I don't really consider Vandy much of a team in any conference. I did overlook them, however, none of the powerhouse SEC schools seem to travel to play big time schools. All those matchups were home games for the SEC anyway...I don't fault Arkansas for that however, they did play USC away last year. However, you can't deny the trend. And to say Ohio State wouldn't schedule a team like UF is just plain wrong considering they are finishing up a series with Texas this weekend and have USC lined up among others.