Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 11-17-2003, 09:07 PM   #16
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Hokies, Tiger, I'm with Nick...if Michigan "crushes" OSU or wins "big" that means that they will blow OSU out, right? And to blow a team out, you have to score a lot of points, right?

So, I guess OSU's 1-ranked run defense in the country and 5th ranked overall defense is just a big LIE?

That said, my prediction:
Michigan 12, OSU 6.

But I'm still taking OSU in the pick 'em contest.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:26 PM   #17
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

Gosh i hope Michigan wins!
Old 11-18-2003, 06:17 PM   #18
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

It's interesting how last year, I was a big OSU wagon-hopper, but this year, Ricky, et al., have made me want the Buckeyes to go down in flames.

I think Michigan wins this game, and I think OSU will be humbled. I think the Michigan D contains what's called the OSU offense, and while the score may not exactly look dominant, there are no questions remaining for those watching.

Final 17-6, Big Blue.

Dave
Old 11-18-2003, 07:41 PM   #19
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

tigereyes33 is on a distinguished road

Great defenses get tired, and OSU's defense will get tired because the offense of OSU will do nothing, and at home in a game like this, especially after your road rival is coming off of a championship, and with the weapons Michigan has, I just think Michigan destroys them.
tigereyes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:54 PM   #20
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

Lloyd Carr must remember one thing: only one guy need ever touch the ball for the Wolverines. The great OSU rush defense was overwhelmed by Wisconsin. So it can be overwhelmed. (Stanley, 3rd on the Badgers depth chart, ran for 125 on 31 carries). The Badgers only threw the ball ten times, so it's not like OSU didn't know what was coming...

No need to get cute, no need to panic. Play field position, knowing you have the moderately better return man, and throw only when the time looks right for it.

Dave
Old 11-18-2003, 08:15 PM   #21
Aristides
All-Star Player

Aristides is on a distinguished road

Good point about the Wisconsin game Dave. Michigan's O-Line is better than the Badgers and I would think Perry is better than Stanley.

Again, the most important thing UM has to do is mix it up the entire game. If Perry gets 10 yards on his first 10 carries.....stick with it. Good things will eventually come.
Aristides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:27 PM   #22
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

The OSU defense hasn't gotten "tired" yet. No reason to think they will in the most important game of the year.

The Bucks win because their offense performs better than people think. (They have been comming around lately...)
Old 11-18-2003, 10:39 PM   #23
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricky the Kid

The Bucks win because their offense performs better than people think. (They have been comming around lately...)
This assertion that OSU's offense has been coming around is completely laughable, Ricky. You and pundits can keep saying it, but it ain't true.

35 points and 600 yards at Indiana does not an offense on the rise make. Penn State's offense managed 38 points against the sad, sad Hoosiers.

33 points and 400 yards v Michigan State is fine, except that it came against a defense that was routinely allowing 400+ yards coming in (allowed 525 to Minn, 439 to Michigan, limiting sorry, sorry Illinois to 370 yards!what?!) and allowed 630 yards to Wisconsin. (MSU may have been the worst good team in the Big Ten, and everyone was so in love with the rebound story--myself, included--that no one noticed what a sieve the defense was down the stretch)

The real OSU offense is the one barely managing 350 against Penn State, 350 against Purdue, 190 against Iowa, 270 against Wisconsin. I see absolutely no reason to suggest, realistically, why this offense has "come around."

Not when there are only a couple suggestions of it against horrible defenses, and no note of offense against sterner stuff.

Dave
MountaineerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:31 PM   #24
dhav8706
Grizzled Veteran

dhav8706 is on a distinguished road

Wisconsin's run game overwhelmed the Buckeyes?!?!?!?! Ha! Since when is four yards per carry overwhelming. I'd love to see Perry run 31 times. BRING IT
dhav8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:36 PM   #25
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

It's a first down every third carry, and that keeps the Buckeyes already inept offense from ever having the opportunity to score, not that they are all that likely to, anyway.

I say give Perry the ball 50 times, and see how long it is before Reynolds tries to choke him...

Dave
Old 11-19-2003, 06:56 PM   #26
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

My dad grew up in Champaign, Ill. and although I was never a true Fighting Illini fan, he did instill in me to never....ever...ever, root for Michigan. And to this day, I never have.

That said, I've become so annoyed with Ohio State fans this season that I'm hoping the Wolverines run the Bucks right off the field.

-RB
Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:39 PM   #27
Aristides
All-Star Player

Aristides is on a distinguished road

Christ, I'm defending the Bucks in Dave's BCS thread while there isn't a fan to be seen over there and then I come over here and the West Virginian makes you guys look horrible.

I'm done defending the Bucks BCS ranking because I'm sick of their fans....
Aristides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:55 PM   #28
rctpaul
Rookie Player

rctpaul is on a distinguished road
Default Kirk Herbstreit

Here is a pic for all the buckeye fans:

GO BLUE!
rctpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:03 PM   #29
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

Okay, this story doesn't lend a lot to this discussion, but I thought that it was funny, and appropriate in an OSU @ UM week discussion.

Not sure what this says about Ohio, or the judge, or the justice system at all...
At one level, it's funny and cute and you laugh at it.
At another, my God, the guy pleaded guilty so he could watch a football game. How guilty was he already? And how pathetic is that?

Oy.

Dave
Old 11-19-2003, 09:08 PM   #30
dhav8706
Grizzled Veteran

dhav8706 is on a distinguished road

Give it to him 50 times. Give it to him 100. Wisconsin year in year out has a great running game. Their run game always confused the Buckeyes. michigan and chris perry haven't done anything against ohio state. 28 carries for 76 yards last year. Besides Wisconsins run game produced a total of 10 points vs. the buckeyes. a great play by lee evans and a poor play by the buckeyes defensive backfield won the game.
dhav8706 is offline   Reply With Quote