Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

Old 07-17-2001, 09:58 AM   #16
Ross
Hall of Famer

Ross is on a distinguished road

So BOTH could hold out again?
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 01:47 PM   #17
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Ross in Big D
So BOTH could hold out again?
Hmmmmmmm......... well, if I know it correctly, they're both RESTRICTED free agents, with their rights belonging to the Islanders.... so... yeah... I guess they could.

....that's IF I understand it correctly... I'll do some "research" and get back to you!
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 12:37 PM   #18
Lappy
Sports Enthusiast

Lappy is on a distinguished road
Default Yashin/Peca contracts

Faceoff.com has an article on Peca.He says he expects to sign in another 1-2 weeks.Gandler(Yashin's agent),has had several talks with Milbury,Newsdays reporting it's only in the preliminary stages.They are talking length of deal.With Milbury going on vacation the end of June,I don't see anything happening until the middle of August.Both sides are saying they don't see a problem getting a deal worked out.The team's sold 1,000 season tix packages since these trades were made.They'll give them their money.
Lappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 12:58 AM   #19
vp318
Sports Central Staff

vp318 is on a distinguished road

damn, of all of you guys, only SC-Lee's pick on the Capitals had a reasonable chance to be the most disappointing team (with the most expectations yet wont live up to them). Obviously, to have expectations, a team must have promised something (playoff berth? success?) or must have went and got some peeps that said they could play hockey.

Sure the Caps struck it rich with Jagr, but he's is a primetime player who shines his absolute brightest when there's no Mario or Straka near him. Even Bondra is maturing into a passer that could feed the hungry, maybe too greedy Jagr enough that their trip into the postseason could be more extended than people think. The Rangers with Lindros have no expectations except those nonsense expectations of success New Yorkers always give to their teams. Speaking of NY, the Islanders wont have any either because Milbury was fired even before he pulled off both trades for Peca and Ca$hin. In the jam packed Atlantic, the Islanders really cant go anywhere, not even up.

Damn, i still havent answered this question yet...San Jose Sharks. huh? San jose Sharks. come again? i said San Jose Sharks. They're a great team, this is why i can pick them to be disappointing. They look so good in paper, they're threatening to rename the West to the Elite 5 from the Elite 4. Teemu is weak and the Elite 4 is one bad clique thay just wont let in wanna-be members.

if you really want me to be serious, i pick the Avalanche. No Foote to start to the season. No Forsberg to play the rest of it. Blake, Sakic, Roy, and Co have their work cut out for them against Detroit, St. Louis, and Dallas.
vp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 01:02 AM   #20
vp318
Sports Central Staff

vp318 is on a distinguished road

by the way, i aint no friggin "rookie player" as these message boards say i am
vp318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 07:55 PM   #21
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

Vishal -- San Jose, eh??... well, they're definitley contending for the crammed-up top 4 in the West... I think they have an excellent shot at making it in the top 3 as the Pacific Division champion, and I'm sure most people pick San Jose to do well this year.... so that's a good prediction, if you predict San Jose to fall... guess we'll open this thread back up again in April and see how everyone did!

Also, the caption under your name (e.g.: "Rookie Player") refers to the number of posts you have on the boards. I think once you get 15 posts on here, it will change... if you get 100 posts, it'll change again... etc., etc., etc....
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote