Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-22-2005, 03:55 AM   #16
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Orange Man
Wasn't Peerless Price supposed to be that when they picked him up?

Even in Buffalo, Price was the #2 receiver, behind Eric Moulds - and giving up a #1 draft pick for a #2 receiver (which the Falcons did) was a bad idea from Day One.

Look for Atlanta to make a serious bid for either Plaxico Burress or Jerry Porter in free agency; like the Eagles, the Falcons probably won't be looking at a wide receiver in the first round of the draft because they use the West Coast Offense and a rookie would not provide an immediate upgrade.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 06:19 AM   #17
dirtywhiteboy
Mr. Cub

dirtywhiteboy is on a distinguished road

Good points. And, as long as the running game is option number one for Vick, the more I'm entitled to my belief that Atlanta wants to milk him of a Super Bowl or two, then let whatever happens happen.
Am I serious? Not really. I can't see any team using a guy, then watching him get hurt, then tossing him aside. But you really have to ask yourself if Atlanta has just come to the realization that Vick is an average passer, and might always be....thus, they're gonna call a lot of running plays until he just breaks down for good. Not a probable grasp on what's going on in Atlanta, I realize. But, without that deep threat, they really don't have an alternative. You can only dink and dunk for so long. Sooner or later, Vick's gonna be faced with a safety way up in the box (can you say Brian Dawkins?), ready to shut that bootleg down...if not, hurt him.
Remember the Rams game? It's the 4th quarter, the Falcons are up by 23, there's 6 minutes and change left, the ball is inside Rams territory, and Vick is still in the game. AND, Mora is STILL calling running plays for Vick! Not exactly a move that shows concern for your star QB is it? If I'm Vick, I'm wondering what the hell the coaching staff is thinking? I'm also making sure my insurance policy is paid up in case of early retirement...
Old 01-22-2005, 01:50 PM   #18
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Speaking of Brian Dawkins does anyone remember when he knocked Vick into next week in the playoffs a couple of years ago?

His insurance policy is that fat signing bonus he just got for signing that extension around Christmas time. If Vick were to get seriously injured and had to retire tomorrow he will not be hurting for any cash the rest of his life.

I wondered what Mora was thinking myself in the fourth quarter of that Rams game. They have a 3 TD lead going into the 4th quarter and Vick is still out there running around. My guess is Matt Schaub is perfectly capable of handing the ball off to Dunn and Duckett.

Peerless Price = Alvin Harper
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #19
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by doublee

Peerless Price = Alvin Harper
Perfect comparison. He can be great as your number 2 guy, but if he is your main man you are in trouble.
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:16 PM   #20
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

The funny thing about Peerless Price is I was in Philly around the time Price signed with ATL and Philly fans were ripped about the Eagles letting him go to the Falcons. The local sportstalk guys were telling everyone that he was not worth 5 mil a year and was no better than Thrash or Pinkston were at the time.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote