Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 11-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default Most disappointing RBs of '07

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.10.html

Your thoughts?

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Is it me, or are most of the stories this season negative? All I hear is how QB's are getting hurt or losing their jobs. Who's the most dissapointing team, who is worse, ect. We did have 2 teams start 0-8 so I guess that sums it up. What's your take on the this season?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

As a Bengals fan, I would echo the negative stories...

Other than that, I think it has been an interesting season. There have been some good stories. The Pats dominance, Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre, ect...

Maybe my Bengals can turn it around and win out

Think Fresh.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Just seems like the bad grossly outweigh the good. Bengals could turn it around, you never know.

So were those RB's ranked? Or was it just 10 random? I think Alexander should be the #1 dissapointment. Or maybe Stephen Jackson... remember before week one he was saying all that garbage about why he should be the #1 fantasy pick??
Old 11-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
Just seems like the bad grossly outweigh the good. Bengals could turn it around, you never know.

So were those RB's ranked? Or was it just 10 random? I think Alexander should be the #1 dissapointment. Or maybe Stephen Jackson... remember before week one he was saying all that garbage about why he should be the #1 fantasy pick??
Yeah both of those guys are disappointing, but at least they have had some production. Rudi has not. He has 1 TD and he is averaging 2.5 per carry. For a guy who was a top back in the league the last 2 seasons, that's pretty bad.

Think Fresh.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Thats true... so whats the deal with Cincy anyway? At first it was "their defense is horrible"... but now along with that bad defense the offense is struggling. I'm trying to figure out what the hell happened to this team? No one saw this coming (except that one person that made the bold statement Bengals would finish under .500) huh?
What is you take on your team?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #7
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Thats true... so whats the deal with Cincy anyway? At first it was "their defense is horrible"... but now along with that bad defense the offense is struggling. I'm trying to figure out what the hell happened to this team? No one saw this coming (except that one person that made the bold statement Bengals would finish under .500) huh?
What is you take on your team?
Couple of things... It is 80% the defenses fault. They can't stop anyone (except the Ravens).

That has a direct correlation with the offense. Look at this way. 90% of the time Carson Palmer gets the ball, the Bengals are trailing. That does a couple of things:
1) it takes a lot of the running game away
2) it forces Carson to "force the issue."

Carson feels like he has to score everytime he has the ball in order to have a chance. As a result, he tries to make plays, even when they aren't their.

Even so, he is having a really good season compared to most QBs. The offense is fine. They are still a top 5 offense in the league. Getting Chris Henry back is going to be huge. You'll see it this week against the Cards. I bet they put up 30+ points - the question is: how many can the Cards score against the Bengals.

The reason the defense is so bad is because of the linebacker situation. Think about it. They are missing a lot of top draft picks

- David Pollack - broken neck (IR)
- Odell Thurman - suspension
- Ahmad Brooks - leg injury (IR)
- Caleb Miller - leg injury (IR)
- Lamar Marshall - (IR)

3 of those 5 were supposed to be our starting LBs. The other 2 are supposed to be primary back ups.

That means they have practice squad players and 3rd string LBs STARTING on defense.

I know that a lot of teams have injuries - but that is ridiculous. When your starting LBs are players that other teams cut - you are in trouble...

Think Fresh.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Do you think they should have jumped on Rice before the Colts did?
Well, if they can beat the Cards then that'l be a bonus. You are right that Palmer is still playing well; he's a great QB anyway, I feel kind of bad for him though - that team just lacks a lot of discipline IMO. That really frustrates me because with all that talent, they should be much better. So that said, what do you think about Marvin Lewis? Would you rather a no nonsense coach like Parcels or Belichick (sens the spygate) step in?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #9
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Absolutely! I think Marvin should be fired because of his game management more than anything.

He is terrible with clock management and challenges. They always get penalized for 12 men on the field. Agains the Bills, the only had 10 men on defense for one play, the result was a TD for the Bills. He always wastes time outs and it comes back to bite them later.

With a good coach, this team would've made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years and would have a winning record right now...

He needs to go

Think Fresh.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #10
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

I agree with the list execpt for having Gore on the top 10. He can't help if his O-Line is non-existant. And Caddie should be 2nd behind Alexander.

As far as Rice... there's a reason he's been cut by two teams this year already.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #11
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
I agree with the list execpt for having Gore on the top 10. He can't help if his O-Line is non-existant. And Caddie should be 2nd behind Alexander.

As far as Rice... there's a reason he's been cut by two teams this year already.
Good points mush. :thumbsup2:

Think Fresh.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #12
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Simeon Rice is washed up. Why else would the Broncos, who have one legit pass rusher this year, have cut him loose?
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:35 AM   #13
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Oh, no doubt Rice is washed up; but as Fresh was saying - Cincy's defense is just hurting so bad right now I wonder if he could of brought anything - verteran knowledge?

I agree about Gore too... Duped.

What about Caddie? Is he on the list for poor production or because he got hurt?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #14
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Oh, no doubt Rice is washed up; but as Fresh was saying - Cincy's defense is just hurting so bad right now I wonder if he could of brought anything - verteran knowledge?

I agree about Gore too... Duped.

What about Caddie? Is he on the list for poor production or because he got hurt?

Caddie is on the list because outside of his first three games he hasn't done squat. And he's pretty much done as a Buc.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote