Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Patriots 8 72.73%
Chargers 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default Patriots vs. Chargers

The Patriots continue to handle their opponents and face a Chargers team that suffered injuries to both Philip Rivers and L.T. The Chargers always seem to cause a problem for the Colts, but the Patriots are not the Colts. Who ya got?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:48 AM   #2
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Patriots should take them down with ease like they did Jacksonville. Even when SD was healthy at the begiinning of the season they still got blown out at Foxboro. Patriots have Seymour this time too...
Old 01-14-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

I'd probably have picked the Pats before the Colts/SD game even happened, they have played so amazingly well this season; now I have almost no doubt. Both defenses in that game looked poor, and now with the possible injuries, SD could be severely undermanned. At best I see the Chargers keeping the score close for 2 or 3 quarters, at worst they go down big early and the Pats coast to the SB.
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Given San Diego's history for laying an egg when having to play on the East Coast and the possibility of nasty weather next weekend Norv would be well served to take the team straight to New England from Indy and not even bother with flying back to San Diego until after the AFC Championship Game.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
philabramoff
Exiled Packerfan in SoCal

philabramoff is on a distinguished road

New England...

I'd have given the Chargers at least some consideration in this
one, except, if LT and Rivers are hurt, their chances are
absolutely deplanetized.
philabramoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
deavobadger
All-Star Player

deavobadger is on a distinguished road

Snooze.... Pats win easy in this one
deavobadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:46 PM   #7
Mr. Dô
Sports Enthusiast

Mr. Dô is on a distinguished road

I will say

Lets GO SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

I know, I know tough choice

and I probably will eat my own shoe next week lol, but I'm going to stick with the Bolts, LT and Rivers will be ok next week

if Rivers continues to do good they got this, Chargers Defense actually shows up they won't have to much of a problem

won't be shocked if I'm wrong tho lol
Mr. Dô is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:51 AM   #8
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Here we go again....

One of the players on SD was talking trash about NE saying they should "fear" SD or whatever... Seriously, when will these players learn?

I cannot understand how it is so hard to just shut your mouth and let your playing do the talking?
Old 01-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #9
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

Yea those comments by Igor Olshansky were by far the dumbest thing I have heard a charger say. And they are known for saying some dumb stuff. That team is so unlikeable.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
davematthews3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #10
Mr. Dô
Sports Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
Here we go again....

One of the players on SD was talking trash about NE saying they should "fear" SD or whatever... Seriously, when will these players learn?

I cannot understand how it is so hard to just shut your mouth and let your playing do the talking?
Tell that to Corey Dillon, or those boys that danced on the Chargers logo last year after the patriots defeated the chargers in there home
Old 01-16-2008, 11:30 PM   #11
Mr. Dô
Sports Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davematthews3 View Post
Yea those comments by Igor Olshansky were by far the dumbest thing I have heard a charger say. And they are known for saying some dumb stuff. That team is so unlikeable.
so unlikeable? other than the Lights Out Dance and Rivers, or this new guy you talk about, there hasn't been much you can claim as classless or dumb things or whatever from that team, only people I have actually heard not liking the Chargers is Bronco, Chief, and Raider Fans lol and that's due to they are division rivals lol

otherwise it's either I don't care or they are cool

don't know how they can be unlikeable if anyone in this upcoming game is unlikeable is the cheating patriots lol
Old 01-17-2008, 03:31 AM   #12
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D™ View Post
The pats are classless hate to tell you but they are, the little taunting rivers and Merriman do are not classless at all, that is just celebrating, well at least the Merriman dance lol

I would love to see Merriman do that on the patriots logo right back at NE if the chargers do win as I said they will lol

See thats EXACTLY what I'm talking about. The Chargers (and I guess some of their fans) think its ok for them to do it, but if anybody else does it, its considered "classless". Merriman dancing over a QB on the ground is "celebrating".. Rivers jawing it up with some fans after they lose is "celebrating". Hobbs dancing after a win is "classless".???? :lol:

And by the way, you call out Merriman, Rivers, and I'll throw in LT since he cries at the press conferences... that is the CORE of the Chargers. Those involved on the Patriots "dancing on logo" episode were Ellis Hobbs I think. You would never see this kind of behavior from the CORE of the Patriots (Brady, Vrabel, Bruschi)... Hobbs prob won't be around for long IMO.

I can't wait for this game... Patriots will do what they do best and that is let their playing do the talking.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:40 AM   #13
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

But so far as dancing goes, none of these guys can light a candle to this:

LINK
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #14
deavobadger
All-Star Player

deavobadger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D™ View Post
so unlikeable? other than the Lights Out Dance and Rivers, or this new guy you talk about, there hasn't been much you can claim as classless or dumb things or whatever from that team, only people I have actually heard not liking the Chargers is Bronco, Chief, and Raider Fans lol and that's due to they are division rivals lol

otherwise it's either I don't care or they are cool

don't know how they can be unlikeable if anyone in this upcoming game is unlikeable is the cheating patriots lol
I'm a Packer fan, don't like New England AT ALL. Still, I like NE better than SD for all the reasons everyone else listed above.

Speaking of cheating, didn't Shawne Merriman get suspended for Steroids or HGH?

Packers-Patriots would be the best Super Bowl matchup of the decade!

Last edited by deavobadger; 01-17-2008 at 03:17 PM.
deavobadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #15
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deavobadger View Post
Packers-Patriots would be the best Super Bowl matchup of the decade!
That would be the BEST game... unfortunetly as a NE fan we would have the whole WORLD against us, but hey - that's ok. It would just be a great game to see. And a little payback for SB XXXI