Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 10-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default NBA looking to expand instant replay

Quote:
NBA proposals would greatly expand the league's usage of instant replay

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

NBA teams were asked Friday to vote on two new proposals that, if passed, will noticeably expand the use of instant replay starting this season.

In a league memorandum obtained by ESPN.com, votes are sought electronically by 5 p.m. on Oct. 10 on the following proposed changes:

1. To allow game officials to use instant replay at any point during a game to determine (i) whether a successful field goal was correctly scored as a 2-point or 3-point field goal and (ii) whether, for purposes of awarding the correct number of free throws, an unsuccessful field goal attempt on which the shooter was fouled was a 2-point or 3-point attempt.

2. To allow the game officials to use instant replay when the game clock malfunctions during a play concluding with no time remaining on the clock (0:00) at the end of any quarter or overtime period.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3624954

I don't have a problem with this. I am all for utilizing whatever you can to make the right call. However, I guess the concern is if it is overused, it'll slow down the flow of the game...?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote