Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 05-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default McCain's Pastor Disaster

McCain's friend and political ally: "Hitler was sent by God."

Months ago, John McCain sought out the endorsement of Rev. John Hagee. He appeared with this man and gladly accepted the endorsement. Well, that all fell apart after an audio recording surfaced in which the preacher said God sent Adolf Hitler to help Jews reach the promised land.

McCain actively courted Hagee, who leads a megachurch with a congregation in the tens of thousands and has an even wider television audience. Former Republican presidential rivals also sought Hagee's backing.

Hagee has referred to the Roman Catholic Church as "the great whore" and called it a "false cult system." He also has linked Hitler to the Catholic church, suggesting it helped shape his anti-Semitism. And Hagee said Hurricane Katrina was God's retribution for homosexual sin.

----------------

As if that weren't enough....

McCain's Spiritual Guide: Destroy Islam

Televangelist Rod Parsley, a key McCain ally in Ohio, has called for eradicating the "false religion."

Senator John McCain hailed as a spiritual adviser an Ohio megachurch pastor who has called upon Christians to wage a "war" against the "false religion" of Islam with the aim of destroying it.

A politically influential figure in Ohio, Parsley could also play a key role in McCain's effort to win this bellwether state in the general election. McCain, with Parsley by his side at the Cincinnati rally, called the evangelical minister his "spiritual guide."

Parsley said:

"I cannot tell you how important it is that we understand the true nature of Islam, that we see it for what it really is. In fact, I will tell you this: I do not believe our country can truly fulfill its divine purpose until we understand our historical conflict with Islam. I know that this statement sounds extreme, but I do not shrink from its implications. The fact is that America was founded, in part, with the intention of seeing this false religion destroyed, and I believe September 11, 2001, was a generational call to arms that we can no longer ignore."

Parsley claims that Islam is an "anti-Christ religion" predicated on "deception." The Muslim prophet Muhammad, he writes, "received revelations from demons and not from the true God." And he emphasizes this point: "Allah was a demon spirit." Parsley does not differentiate between violent Islamic extremists and other followers of the religion.

----------------------

Yes, McCain's SPIRITUAL ADVISOR has called for the destruction of the entire Muslim religion. At this point, John McCain has NOT renounced this disgusting human being.

How on earth can John McCain expect to have peaceful talks with nations like Saudi Arabia, or the new government in Iraq, when his "spritual guide" has called for the destruction of their religion?

Which evil dictator did Rev. Wright say was "sent by God?" Which group of people did Rev. Wright call for the destruction of?

Yeah, what goes around comes around....

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Nifty thread title...

McCain rejects endorsement from televangelist
Candidate calls Rev. Hagee's Hitler comments 'offensive and indefensible'

You knew it was coming, didn't 'cha?

I'd say that it's no more correct to 'blanket' blame McCain anymore than doing it to Obama. I know the passion some feel to defend their choice but it just goes 'round & 'round like a roulette wheel. Now the Republicans will brain storm on a return volley.

It just never ends...
Old 05-23-2008, 04:34 AM   #3
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

But CK, where was your heartfelt sympathy for Catholics when those two female bloggers made those utterly reprehensible comments about the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, forcing John Edwards to fire them from his campaign?

As for Rod Parsley: WE ARE AT WAR! And the popular culture is bound to reflect that. Just to list the lines from political speeches, sermons, song lyrics, etc., that included remarks every bit as provocative about the Germans or Japanese during World War II would have required a book the size of the Philadelphia telephone directory ("A wood kimono for the Mikado/A mausoleum for Mussolin[i]" - so went a line from the song Der Fuhrer's Face). And while I'm not claiming that the Taliban, al Qaeda, etc., represents all Muslims, that is clearly the dominant strain within Islam at this point in time - and I for one don't want anyone who refuses to recognize this palpably obvious reality within 3,000 miles of the Oval Office.

Last edited by Anthony; 05-25-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post

McCain rejects endorsement from televangelist
Candidate calls Rev. Hagee's Hitler comments 'offensive and indefensible'

*************************************************[/CENTER]

You knew it was coming, didn't 'cha?
Yeah, I actually talked about this in the beginning of the the thread. It was the second Pastor, his "spiritual guide," that he hasn't rejected.

Quote:
And while I'm not claiming that the Taliban, al Qaeda, etc., represents all Muslims, that is clearly the dominant strain within Islam at this point in time - and I for one don't want anyone who refuses to recognize this palpably obvious reality within 3,000 miles of the Oval Office.
BULL****.

Over 98% of Muslims around the world are peaceful and have no intentions of harming other people.

Statements like yours are terrifying Anthony... "that is clearly the dominant strain within Islam at this point in time." Are you kidding me? It's no wonder this war will never end... With discrimination like yours, we will never find peace. Go ahead and scapegoat the entire religion for the acts of less than 2% of their people...

How much longer until we elect one who wants to eraticate the entire religion?

Think Fresh.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Yeah, I actually talked about this in the beginning of the the thread. It was the second Pastor, his "spiritual guide," that he hasn't rejected.
& if I had had my head on straight when I first read that, I would have seen that.

Never mind...
Old 05-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
& if I had had my head on straight when I first read that, I would have seen that.

Never mind...
:lol:

No worries.

Oh and that "nifty thread title" wasn't my creation... I stole that from MY "spiritual advisor," Keith Olberman :silly:

Think Fresh.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
How much longer until we elect one who wants to eraticate the entire religion?
You mean he currently does not reside in the White House already? :lol:
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:43 PM   #8
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
:lol::lol::lol:
Old 05-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
:lol:

Good point. Then again, Bush has many Muslim friends.

He's an oil man remember. His enemy is not Islam, his enemy is progress.

Think Fresh.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:09 AM   #10
Anthony

Quote:
BULL****.

Over 98% of Muslims around the world are peaceful and have no intentions of harming other people.

Statements like yours are terrifying Anthony... "that is clearly the dominant strain within Islam at this point in time." Are you kidding me? It's no wonder this war will never end... With discrimination like yours, we will never find peace. Go ahead and scapegoat the entire religion for the acts of less than 2% of their people...

How much longer until we elect one who wants to eraticate [sic] the entire religion?

Are you at all familiar with the honor code at West Point, which states that you will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do?

Virtually all Muslims either commit acts of terrorism or tolerate those who do - with, admittedly, the overwhelming majority fitting into the latter category (and even if this weren't the case, did you know that only about 10 per cent of the citizens of the Soviet Union were actual members of the Communist Party?).

Where are the voices from within the Islamic community denouncing not only the specific acts of the terrorists, but also the general cause they espouse - to rule the world?

Since such dissent is essentially never encountered - besides Salman Rushdie, who else can you name? - the jihadists are the dominant strain of Islam by default.

Last edited by Anthony; 05-24-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #11
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Virtually all Muslims either commit acts of terrorism or tolerate those who do - with, admittedly, the overwhelming majority fitting into the latter category (and even if this weren't the case, did you know that only about 10 per cent of the citizens of the Soviet Union were actual members of the Communist Party?).
This is the most ignorant/myopic thing I've read in quite a long time.

To suggest the millions of Muslims living in absolute poverty condone the acts of Islamic terrorists is aloofness at its pinnacle.

Last edited by buckeyefan78; 05-24-2008 at 01:55 PM.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #12
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post

To suggest the millions of Muslims living in absolute poverty condone the acts of Islamic terrorists is aloofness at its pinnacle.
Agreed.

It becomes quite terrifying when people start to make sweeping generalizations such as "virtually all Muslims..."

Think Fresh.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:55 AM   #13
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post

It doesn't agree with your point of view; hence it must have come from a retard - synonym for a person who says or writes "ignorant" things.

That's really mature - I must say; but then again, I suppose it's every bit as mature as bombing school buses filled with little kids is courageous.

But please enlighten me, since you're so much more intelligent than I am: Where are all these multitudes of Muslims - poor or otherwise - speaking out against the global-domination-seeking Islamofascist agenda? (By stark contrast, many of Israel's most vociferous critics - both in that country and this one - happen to be Jewish). Also, had you bothered to even read the ensuing paragraph, you would have understood that I was actually focusing on Islamofascism's goals, and not on its means - if not, then you must believe that there is no G-d, because it literally says so, right in the Bible! (Psalms 14:1 - however, the complete passage reads: "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-d'").

For example, if it were possible to take a poll of all the world's Muslims and asked them whether or not Israel has a right to exist, at least 99.9% of them would respond with a most emphatic "No" (but I'm sure a lot of them would be satisfied if the Jews were merely expelled from the Middle East and were resettled in Europe or America, and do not advocate genocide).

It is precisely this mongoose-cobra mentality toward the Jewish people that indelibly stamps Muslims as less than civilized. And not for nothing, but from Morocco in the west to Indonesia in the east, from Kazakhstan in the north to Somalia in the south, the sun physically never sets on the Islamic Empire. Yet they insist on depriving the Jewish people of a tiny state smaller than San Bernardino County - and that includes the so-called "occupied territories" self-defensively captured by Israel in the third of the about ten revanchist wars the Muslims have started since 1948.

And thank G-d people like you and CK weren't in charge of this country 65-70 years ago - since if that was the case, I'd be posting this in German or Japanese; and that assumes that the murderous tyrants who would be ruling over us, and the rest of the world, allowed just anybody to get on the Internet.

But getting back on the original topic (or does anyone even remember what that was?): The very existence of this thread is a classic example of a phenomenon Bill O'Reilly delights in drawing attention to: Using one person's bad behavior to justify someone else's bad behavior - as if John Hagee and Rod Parsley's rants somehow "cancel out" those of Jeremiah Wright.

Last edited by Anthony; 05-26-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
For example, if it were possible to take a poll of all the world's Muslims and asked them whether or not Israel has a right to exist, at least 99.9% of them would respond with a most emphatic "No"
Yeah, ask Native Americans if the United States has a "right to exist." When a group of people set up shop in the middle of your region, on land that you consider "holy," it usually doesn't end up in friendship...

Quote:
And thank G-d people like you and CK weren't in charge of this country 65-70 years ago - since if that was the case, I'd be posting this in German or Japanese; and that assumes that the murderous tyrants who would be ruling over us, and the rest of the world, allowed just anybody to get on the Internet.
And thank G-d people like you weren't in charge 65-70 years ago, because the Japanese and Germans would all be dead, in mass graves... Because you seem to blame all people for the actions of their leaders...

"The Germans allowed Hitler to come to power... let's kill all the Germans."

If you want to join in a holy war against the Muslims, you are no better than the small percentage of muslims that want to kill all westerners.

You are advocating blaming an entire religion, a religion that makes up 19.2 percent of the world's population, for the acts of a few thousand people. You are suggesting that the religion itself is the problem, and in turn implying that they need to be taken out.

Islam is not the problem - militants who blame everything on the west are the problem.

The western world is not the problem - bigots who blame an entire religion and threaten the Muslim world with genocide are the problem.

Think Fresh.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #15
Dano
Everybody Wang Chung...

Dano will become famous soon enough

CK do you think this is enough to re-rail Johnny Mac?