Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #16
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

But Bobby is still there and I am sure he probably had a hand in hiring the new guy. Put it this way BC just expelled one of its starters for getting picked up on a rape charge and to my knowledge Bowden has not done anything in relation to Preston. But, as you imply, I am sure FSU will work some kind of magic to get this kid off.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #17
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Florida player allegedly used deceased woman's credit card

ESPN.com news services

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida Gators safety Jamar Hornsby turned himself in Friday to asnwer charges he allegedly used the credit card of a woman killed six months ago in an accident that also killed a teammate.

Hornsby, 21, a sophomore from Jacksonville, faces a third-degree felony count of fraudulent use of a credit card for more than $100, and a misdemeanor charge of credit card theft.

The story was first reported by The Gainesville Sun.

Hornsby allegedly used a credit card issued to Ashley Slonina, a University of Florida student who died in an October 2007 motorcycle accident that also took the life of Gators walk-on Michael Guilford. It was not known how Hornsby obtained the card.

Alachua County Sheriff's Office spokesman Stephen Maynard said the card was used 33 times in Alachua County and another 37 times in Jacksonville, for $3,000 in charges, the Sun reported.

"I would love to hear the explanation for utilizing the card of a deceased person," Maynard said, according to the report.

Hornsby is accused of using the card starting Oct. 13, 2007, the day after the woman's death, the newspaper said.

Hornsby's attorney, Huntley Johnson, said it was learned that a judge had issued a warrant for Hornsby's arrest Thursday. He said his client will cooperate with authorities.

Hornsby appeared in court Friday morning and was released on his own recognizance. Alachua County Court Judge William E. Davis explained he ordered Hornsby's release because any money Hornsby spent on bond would be money that he could not repay to Slonina's family, The Sun reported.

Slonina, the girlfriend of another Florida teammate, was apparently getting a ride home from Guilford when his motorcycle struck a curb at high speed near campus early on the morning of Oct. 12.

Am I getting smarter or are these kids getting dumber?
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #18
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Reports have it that Urban Meyer was ticked off after hearing about this escapade.

Not pissed cuz it happened...just pissed cuz he didn't think of it himself.

:thumbsup2:
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #19
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
Florida player allegedly used deceased woman's credit card

ESPN.com news services

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida Gators safety Jamar Hornsby turned himself in Friday to asnwer charges he allegedly used the credit card of a woman killed six months ago in an accident that also killed a teammate.

Hornsby, 21, a sophomore from Jacksonville, faces a third-degree felony count of fraudulent use of a credit card for more than $100, and a misdemeanor charge of credit card theft.

The story was first reported by The Gainesville Sun.

Hornsby allegedly used a credit card issued to Ashley Slonina, a University of Florida student who died in an October 2007 motorcycle accident that also took the life of Gators walk-on Michael Guilford. It was not known how Hornsby obtained the card.

Alachua County Sheriff's Office spokesman Stephen Maynard said the card was used 33 times in Alachua County and another 37 times in Jacksonville, for $3,000 in charges, the Sun reported.

"I would love to hear the explanation for utilizing the card of a deceased person," Maynard said, according to the report.

Hornsby is accused of using the card starting Oct. 13, 2007, the day after the woman's death, the newspaper said.

Hornsby's attorney, Huntley Johnson, said it was learned that a judge had issued a warrant for Hornsby's arrest Thursday. He said his client will cooperate with authorities.

Hornsby appeared in court Friday morning and was released on his own recognizance. Alachua County Court Judge William E. Davis explained he ordered Hornsby's release because any money Hornsby spent on bond would be money that he could not repay to Slonina's family, The Sun reported.

Slonina, the girlfriend of another Florida teammate, was apparently getting a ride home from Guilford when his motorcycle struck a curb at high speed near campus early on the morning of Oct. 12.

Am I getting smarter or are these kids getting dumber?
If it's any consolation, she was dead, so it's not that bad... :lol:
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #20
themush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
Florida State WR Parker arrested on drug, weapons charges

Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State officials said they will have an announcement on the future of standout receiver Preston Parker after the athlete's arrest in South Florida on drug and weapons charges.

According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, Parker was arrested early Tuesday on charges of carrying a concealed .45-caliber handgun and possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana.

Parker was named Florida State's most valuable player last season after leading the team with 1,513 all-purpose yards and 62 receptions.

The 21-year-old's arrest is the first major discipline problem at the school since the arrival of new athletic director Randy Spetman earlier this year.

Interesting to see how this shakes out. Bet he's gone.
Well FSU came down with the hammer today...

2 game suspension against Western Carolina and Chattanooga.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #21
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

No surprise there. I think the only way Bobby Bowden ever throws anyone off the team is if they actually have to serve jail time.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #22
themush
Banned

Georgia's Lemon charged with felony stemming from a fight

ESPN.com news services

Updated: July 3, 2008, 10:01 AM ET

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia defensive end Michael Lemon has been charged with a felony stemming from a fight last weekend that injured another Georgia student.

Police investigators took out warrants against the sophomore, charging him with both misdemeanor battery and felony aggravated battery.

Demarius Jackson, 20, of Albany, told police that Lemon sucker-punched him at a cookout Saturday night at an apartment complex.

The 20-year-old Lemon, a 6-foot-4, 274-pounder, accused Jackson of talking to his girlfriend, according to Jackson and witnesses.

The police report said Lemon punched Jackson about five times before he was pulled off.

Jackson sustained a fracture in his left eye socket, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. He told the newspaper that his left eye is still swollen, the left side of his face is numb and that he occasionally spits up blood. "It still hurts pretty bad," he said.

A conviction on an aggravated battery charges carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.

"I'm relieved something finally is being done," Jackson told the Athens Banner-Herald. "It's taken four days, but the warrant was definitely a step in the right direction."