Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 04-18-2003, 12:34 AM   #1
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road
Default Kobe Bryant MVP 2003!!!

Baby Jordan.... I know he has lots of Haters but this kid deserves the MVP! Shaq didn't even show up until late in the season.. Kobe carried the team when it really counted and if the Lakers get their #4 this year, that MVP should go to #8!
Shawndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 01:19 AM   #2
T_SACKING
Rookie Player

T_SACKING is on a distinguished road

kOBE SHOULD ONLY BE THE MVP FOR THE CRY BABIES ASSOCIATION - MOST VALUABLE PUNK - LAKERS AINT NOTHIN' IF IT WASNT FOR THE CHEERLEADERS THERE WOULD BE NO MOTIVATION -
T_SACKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 01:33 AM   #3
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Default T_SacKing sippin on the Hatorade...

it's all good to throw smack at your favorite team's biggest rival, but if you don't see Kobe's talent, you're wearing a blindfold.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:48 AM   #4
T_SACKING
Rookie Player

Default kings will wear the crown

so no its not hatorade - its keepn it real up in this peace - question is have you ever lived in LA ? been to a game ? how exactly did you become a FAN ? BANDWAGON ring a bell. ITS all too the good when the lakers come crumbling down dont jump ship - just ride out the losing years to come.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:03 AM   #5
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Default questioning my loyalty?

been a Kobe fan since Jordan left the game and I wondered who was going to carry the torch. saw a young blood light it up Jordan-style and that was it! (this was before championship #1). check out my old website if u want proof. built 4 years ago. www.geocities.com/thedra9on.
It's nice to have Diesel-power on your side too, but the real talent wears #8
Old 04-18-2003, 09:49 AM   #6
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Welcome, ShawnBreezy and T_Sacking. I agree with Shawn, that Kobe is the MVP of league this season. I mean other names like Duncan, Garnett, Mcgrady, etc, etc....pop up, but I think this is Kobe's year to win it.

T_Sacking the only thing that is going to come crumbling down is every team that plays the Lakers in the playoffs. Kings have to prove their worth, for they have never beaten the Lakers in any series, and nothing will change this season. So, if it is all about Sac Town, then why haven't they won anything? Time shall tell if your boys can hold it down and beat the Lakers, so this matchup can be considered a rivalry....because the Lakers vs. Kings series has never been a rivalry yet, for the Kings can't seem to get over that hump to make things even.

Joey
Old 04-18-2003, 11:47 PM   #7
Diceman
X-Ecutioner Dice

Diceman is on a distinguished road

How is Kevin Garnett not the MVP? Went 33 games without Wally Szczerbialk and still kept the Wolves around the 5th spot in the playoff race. Leads the NBA in Triple doubles, double doubles, top 10 in points, minutes, rebounds. He averaged 6 asts per game. He can play all 5 positions if necessary. he's 7 feet tall. The only team that stayed with the Spurs during the regular season. Averaged once again more the 20 points, 10 reb, and 5 asts in one season. Did Kobe do that? DON'T THINK SO! Kobe couldn't lead his team to winning record without Shaq.Kevin garnett doesn't have that other superstar player to go with him. Wally is way too streaky as is Troy Hudson and Joe Smith has missed a ton of games and hyperextended his knee in practice and might miss the first game of the playoffs. Im not taking away from Kobe but he's #4 in my list for MVP. It goes like this: Garnett, McGrady, Duncan, Bryant, Iverson, Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, Ben Wallace.
Diceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 08:33 PM   #8
Clipper Boy
Banned...Just Kidding

Clipper Boy is on a distinguished road

Garnet for MVP of cource. Kobe may have scoren all these points in February, but he still had Shaq to back him up. Not t-mac for MVP is crazy talk. Leads the league in points but he still doesnt deserve it.

ShawnBreezy and T_SACKING:

You should both shut up. All this bickerin is going no where. T_SACKING, you can't prove if Shawn is a bandwagoner. Besides, its annoying because i hate both the Lakers and Kings.

Don't lie.
Clipper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 09:57 PM   #9
air_canada
Youngster

air_canada is on a distinguished road

Haha... don't we all, don't we all.
Now... Kobe's had a good season, as has Garnett. So I'm not predicting... we'll see, kids.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:17 PM   #10
Cowboy22
All-Star Player

Cowboy22 is on a distinguished road

Hey, I like the Kings....

Pacers are my favorite team in the NBA, followed by Dallas Mavs and then Sacramento.

But anyway, I hate the term Most Valuable Player....it is way too subjective. Everybody takes it as their own definition of what it means. Jason Kidd was the Most Valuable Player last year, but it went to Tim Duncan.

This has to be the most interesting MVP race in years....Kobe scored 13 straight games with 35+ points. He was the first player in LA since Jerry West to score 30 PPG. He has been an excellent defender, to be named to his God knows how many all-defensive teams.

Can we really dock Kobe because he has help with Shaq? If so, that is completely unfair because Kobe can't help who he does that with. And we'll never know if he can do that with the T'Wolves cast or the Jazz cast or any other team.

My personal pick for MVP is Kobe even though I do not like him. Then, I like Garnett, T-Mac, and then Duncan.
Home of Emmitt Smith---All-Time Rushing Leader (17,162 Yards)
Cowboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 04:54 PM   #11
air_canada
Youngster

air_canada is on a distinguished road

It's true, the term is not exactly the correct one... because if it's 'Most valuable to his team' then they should pick one for each team. But then it's 'most valuable', period. Puzzling.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:30 PM   #12
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Kevin Garnett is deserving as well, no doubt.. but this is Kobe's year. Let's watch the Lakers dismantle the T-Wolves. Watch how Kobe is going to explode this post-season. This is Kobe's year.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:07 AM   #13
T_SACKING
Rookie Player

PEEP GAME LITTLE CLIPPER GIRL.. THIS COMION FROM A NOBODY... YOU KEEP THE MOUTH ON LOCK OH LITTLE ONE.. TEAM AT HOME WATCHIN THE FAKERS AND KINGS IN THE PLAYOFFS ...SHHHHHH - BUT DAM DIOD ANYONE ENJOY SEEING THE FAKERS GET SPANKED.....
Old 04-24-2003, 01:12 AM   #14
T_SACKING
Rookie Player

oh and another thing clipper girl - i do know that sbreezy is bandwagoner - he has a whole bunch of kings posters at his desk - hes gettin ready to jump ship when the kings when the WHOLE DAM THING - youll be watchin though so youll know.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:20 AM   #15
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

yes its true my cubemate is a Kings fan. aint no shipjumpin gonna happen though, unless Kobe leaves LA.
T_SacKing gonna owe me some skrill after LA sits on the Kings' collective head, holding them down like a little sister.