Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-18-2005, 12:55 AM   #16
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

C'mon, buckeye, join the tech revolution! I have my laptops (Apple/Dell), cell phone, and iPod with me as travel essentials. Next on my wishlist is a GPS PDA (oops, please tell me you understand that jargon!). I was just doing some computer updates when I realized how wired my family has become (or unwired, technically). There's five laptops, five printers, three iPods, a wireless router, cable modem, etc. Just crazy when you see it all together. But hey, I can't imagine living without it. The hardest part is letting go for a vacation.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:06 AM   #17
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

You gotta remember Marc, history is my forte. My mind has no need for the future! They'll just stuff me and put me next to a dinosaur and a rotary phone when I kick the bucket.

GPS and GIS are interesting new developments, even to my senile old mind. Having a geography background, I enjoy looking at the technology in these fields, though find it misused and overrated. Youngstown State University just put together a GIS major and wants to be a leader in the field. They asked a professor friend of mine (if he's my buddy, you can be sure he is old school...he's actually 65 and was my prof years ago) to help out. He turned them down saying the field took the emphasis away from traditional map making and geography in general. I agree with him 100%. On the first day of school each year, he asks the students (usually college freshman) which way is north, south, east, and west. As the years go by, the numbers get lower and lower that can point out the directions.

You youngins' can work your dotcoms and ipods but can't find your way out of the woods if you were lost!
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #18
Heathen
Don't call it a comeback

Heathen is on a distinguished road

Quick question mainly for blackdogsong....

... I am getting my email on my Blackberry no problems, but when I get back to my desk and look @ my Outlook I have 3 copies of each email!!!

I'm not using Enterprise (small business) just wondering what I setup wrong.

tumblr | twitter
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:07 AM   #19
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

Simon, it's spelt "BlackBerry," not "Blackberry"

Glad you are liking it, but I tried to send an email to you last week on it and it never got thru so whats the point!? :p

We released 2 BlackBerry devices last week, the 7105t and 7100i. I did some work on the 7105t but the 7100i was taken care of by another group; my group on devices that run on differnt networks than the 7100i (iDEN). Lately I've been working on a few other devices that should be making their debut very soon. The only thing I'm allowed to say on them is that, like anything else, they are really cool.
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote