Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #46
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road

Steelers are going to kick some serious Seahawks butt in the Super Bowl. Jerome Bettis gets his Super Bowl ring in his hometown and retires a happy, Pittsburgh Steeler.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:55 PM   #47
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuerbin88
Steelers are going to kick some serious Seahawks butt in the Super Bowl. Jerome Bettis gets his Super Bowl ring in his hometown and retires a happy, Pittsburgh Steeler.
If it was anyone but the Steelers (or the Jets of course) playing Seattle, I would wanna see Seattle win just because it would be a first for the franchise. But I'm a huge Jerome Bettis fan so I'm pullin for the Steelers.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #48
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

I'm pulling for the Steelers. Unfortunately for Steeler fans, that isn't good news. The team I have cheered for in the Super Bowl has lost every time since the Packers won Super Bowl XXXI.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:08 AM   #49
SeahawKnDC
Were on the way! SB XL

SeahawKnDC is on a distinguished road

Seahawks 28 Steelers 17

Big Ben 12-27 156yds 2Int
Hasselbeck 15-22 235yds 3tds

Nuff Said!!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:40 AM   #50
jim crack corn
Banned

jim crack corn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim crack corn
Steelers and Seahawks will win.

Next, the Steelers will slap Seattle around.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:29 AM   #51
Eastern Eagle
Rookie Player

Eastern Eagle is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm new here. I was doing pretty well with my predictions through the first two rounds. I got 5 of the first 8, but I went 0-2 on conference title games, which bit because if I had got even one of them right, I would be slightly richer now because of a free online contest I'm in. Now I'm still in it, but I have to get my Super Bowl pick right (I'm thinking Steelers no matter what the spread is) or hope the guy I'm tied with picks the loser. As far as the games went, I wasn't really surprised at either result. They just weren't what I hoped. The Panthers' lack of a running game really hurt them. And it seems like a pretty simple idea, but teams that hold onto the ball won and teams that turned the ball over frequently lost. Both losing quarterbacks looked baffled at times and threw bad passes.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #52
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road

I'm hoping it will be a good SB, but then I thought the two championship games were going to be great games against some very evenly matched teams. In the end, they turned out a little disappointing, unless of course you're a Steelers or Seahawks fan. Carolinas running game was questionable before Goings headbutted Tatupu, but after he left the game, the Panthers were well and truely done.

I don't really mind who wins the SB now. Seeing Bettis get a ring as a ND alumni and future HOF would be cool though. Watching Bettis and Rodney Culver in the backfield was my introduction to ND football.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:13 AM   #53
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

I was WAY off on Carolina. They simply didn't show up for that game. Dang, and I had $40 riding on them to make it to the SB.............
Old 01-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #54
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

If Antwaan Randle El does real well in the Super Bowl, it might convince the Eagles to pursue him in free agency - and he's really the only wide receiver out there this spring who can truly help them.

Of course the ultimate best-case scenario would be for Randle El to be named Super Bowl MVP - and in order for that to happen the Steelers would almost certainly have to win.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #55
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

What about Reggie Wayne? he's an unrestricted free agent but Colts ownership said he "isn't going anywhere" but that could change once they figure out what to do w/ Edgerrin James.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:38 PM   #56
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Reggie Wayne has two things "wrong" with him: First, he will be way too expensive for the Eagles' liking, and second, he lacks the speed to provide Donovan McNabb with any meaningful blitz control - far and away the most critical issue the Eagles face entering this off-season.

Interestingly, the Vikings, whose new head coach is the former Philly offensive coordinator (Brad Childress) are in almost the exact same situation; indeed, the Eagles and Vikings will be the most interesting teams to watch this spring, because the range of possible 2006 records these two teams could plausibly finish with is the largest in the NFL: If both teams can fill their respective needs, they could meet in next January's NFC championship game; however, if they continue to deny that their biggest problem exists, they could find themselves battling for the top draft pick in 2007.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:07 PM   #57
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I'm torn in the SB.... Seattle has never won - and you got the local (massachusetts) boy Tatupu, who's dad played for the Pats. So part of me want to root for Seattle (plus they're the underdog - who I usually root for)
Pittsburgh - Bettis going out on top would be nice. I hate Pitt, but I wouldn't mind seeing JB retire w/ a ring - he deserves that after all his great years in the NFL. But H. Ward is a cry-baby so on the other hand I don't wanna see him win one.
Maybe I'll just bet the over and hope for a great offensive game! :lol:
Old 01-23-2006, 08:00 PM   #58
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerDave
My mom gave me a Terrible Towel last year for Christmas. I first used it vs the NYJ. Almost lost. Broke it out again for last year's AFC Champs game, lost to the Pats.
Out again for Game Three this season for the Pats game. Another loss.
Decided it was cursed, didn't pull it out of the closet today till Big Ben dove into the end zone for the Stillers final score.

BTW, while there are no points for postulating that Plummer would return to his old self, I really believed we wouldn't see the ol' Snake. Good call on that, jh.
Reminds me of my Packer cheesehead. Nothing but bad luck. I won't touch it.

Continue discussion here: https://www.sports-central.org/commu...ad.php?t=13352

Last edited by Marc; 01-23-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Closed Thread