Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 02-06-2006, 01:15 AM   #1
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road
Default Best Super Bowl Ad

i liked the Amber Bock commerican w/ the girl getting tackled playing backyard football.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060205/113920620000.html
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

I liked the "Magic Fridge" commercial. I think it was for either Bud or Miller Light.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

The caveman FedEx commercial I thought was the best.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

You mean "commercial that didn't suck the worst?". I thought pretty much all those commercials were bad. I'll agree with BDS on this one and say the Amber Bock was the best.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #5
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Missed the Amber Bock that you guys are talking about. I liked the Fed Ex caveman one. For the most part, though, I was pacing around groaning about losing 20-0 till about halfway through the second quarter, so I missed a ton of ads.
MountaineerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:43 PM   #6
Titans100
Vince Young ROY

Titans100 is on a distinguished road

I thought that Whopper commercial was pretty creative especially the ending, props to the "magic fridge" and the crowd at the football game that made the beer pour into the glass and then the glass went empty, that's was cool too.

Fav Teams:
Tennessee Titans
LA Lakers
Pittsburgh Pirates
Titans100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Notice my signature. I did not see the Leonard Nimoy pain-reliever add... anyone see this?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:40 PM   #8
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

^ I did. The ad had the whole Trekkie thing goin on.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #9
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Must of missed it... we had quite a SB party going on... lots of action. Someone ALWAYS passes out by halftime at my SB party, and keeping with SB tradition (3rd year in a row) we gave that guy a "hotfoot". (For those that do not remember the old hotfoot, Bugs Bunny used to give them all the time... put a match in between your toes..)
Also, (on a serious note) we had one guy almost choke!! He started drooling and headed for the door... and of course I yell at him "If you're gonna puke, go outside damn it!!!" Then he grabbed his throat and we knew it was serious. I gave him the hymlic, but it didn't work, my brother then tried and lifted him about 2 feet off the ground and the steak slid right out of his mouth. It was pretty funny after that... he held onto his beer the whole time - which was kind of funny. No one was hurt - so it all turned to laughter :lol:

Last edited by boston_aloha; 02-06-2006 at 01:58 PM.
boston_aloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #10
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I had seen several of the commercials before they aired during the game, so they weren't that special. The monkey thing is overdone, the Pepsi one was lame (as was the nasty "brown bubbly" slogan), and it's too bad GoDaddy had to be so tame this year. Damn FCC. We should all follow Howard to satellite!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #11
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
I had seen several of the commercials before they aired during the game, so they weren't that special. The monkey thing is overdone, the Pepsi one was lame (as was the nasty "brown bubbly" slogan), and it's too bad GoDaddy had to be so tame this year. Damn FCC. We should all follow Howard to satellite!

I agree with everything but the final comment, Marc. I shouldn't have to pay for my daily dose of indecency. I should be able to view it at my leisure...
MountaineerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:25 AM   #12
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

I've already got next year's best Super Bowl commercial "spolied" so to speak:

It will be a Chunky Soup commercial which will start with Leonard Nimoy wearing a midnight-green toga, strumming a harp and singing the "Bitter Dregs" song from the Star Trek episode Plato's Stepchildren. After he finishes, Wilma McNabb comes on the screen and says, "And now, let the revels begin" (also a line from that same Star Trek episode), whereupon her son Donovan - on crutches, still not fully recovered from his recent career-ending injury - and Todd Pinkston come out; then, after Harry Kalas does his thing, the commercial ends with all except Pinkston eating Chunky Soup, Pinkston standing in front of a broken bowl of soup after he dropped it!

Last edited by Anthony; 02-08-2006 at 08:16 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:49 PM   #13
Titans100
Vince Young ROY

Titans100 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
I caught word online that since the girl in goDaddy comm is a current WWE wrestling girl, that they were going to show the whole ad, "uncensored" on monday night's program. I watched it, nothing special, it's just shows her crawling on all fours across the desk and being really physical on the old man in the chair.

Fav Teams:
Tennessee Titans
LA Lakers
Pittsburgh Pirates
Titans100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #14
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony
I've already got next year's best Super Bowl commercial "spolied" so to speak:

It will be a Chunky Soup commercial which will start with Leonard Nimoy wearing a midnight-green toga, strumming a harp and singing the "Bitter Dregs" song from the Star Trek episode Plato's Stepchildren. After he finishes, Wilma McNabb comes on the screen and says, "And now, let the revels begin" (also a line from that same Star Trek episode), whereupon her son Donovan - on crutches, still not fully recovered from his recent career-ending injury - and Todd Pinkston come out; then, after Harry Kalas does his thing, the commercial ends with all except Pinkston eating Chunky Soup, Pinkston standing in front of a broken bowl of soup after he dropped it!
I am so sick of McNabb's mother... I wish she would go away! Loud, annoying woman in those darn commercials. Anyone see the SNL Tom Brady hosted? The final skit, Manning (Seth ??) & McNabb (Tracy Morgan) are giving Brady static because he got to host. Then McNabb's mom (played by the overweight guy) comes in all loud w/ her fur coat "uh-ah.. How come my baby ain't hosten the show?!!!" McNabb says "Mom, he did win the Superb--" Then she smacks him and says "Don't defend him stupid!!". It was pretty funny.
Anyways, hey Anthony - I take it you are a Trekkie from your post. Hope my signature didn't offend you.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:37 AM   #15
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Actually it's my (older) brother who is the big Trekkie in my family.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote