Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 03:02 PM   #61
jeremyn
Grizzled Veteran

jeremyn is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone .

I would just like to say that the yanks are going to win in 7.

------------------------------------------------
Do you live in New York? Send me an e-mail for info on how to get Knicks, Rangers, Islanders, Jets, Giants, Yanks, and Mets tickets. E-mail: [email protected]
Old 11-03-2001, 05:53 PM   #62
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the SCMB, jeremyn!, I look forward to your future posts! :wavey:

I think the Yanks will win, too.... just a matter of it being today or tomorrow! :nod:
Old 11-03-2001, 11:05 PM   #63
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

OK, I don't think it's premature to say that my prediction for today was correct, despite it only being the 4th inning.

It's 15-0, Diamondbacks.

OK, I don't even want to KNOW what your wishy-washy minds think of Game 7, so I'm not going to ask.

I'm still going with who I've predicted since April 1, since the start of the playoffs, since the start of the WS. ....so the rest of you can "predict" whoever you want, but remember that only Nate and I predicted the Yanks from the start and stuck with them.
Old 11-04-2001, 05:52 AM   #64
Spike
N.B.A. Moderator

Spike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Predictions

Quote:
Originally posted by SC-Lee:

Actually, you're agreeing with ME... why do people always give up on their teams in the middle of a series!? If you predict 'Zona to win, stick with them!! But if you're like me and predict the Yankees to win, stick with the Yankees even if they're down 2-0!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by SC-Lee:

OK, I don't even want to KNOW what your wishy-washy minds think of Game 7, so I'm not going to ask.
If I'm one of the people that these quotes are directed at, I just wanted to say I never made a prediction about this series before it started so I don't know exactly how I could be "wishy-washy". Predictions aren't that big of a deal anyways. Either you're right or you're wrong so it's like whatever. I'm more interested in the analysis of the game rather than saying this team will win this game with this score but lose this next game by this much. Anyone can say anything they want but you won't really know until the game is played and over so there's really no point.
Old 11-04-2001, 11:36 AM   #65
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Default Re: Re: Predictions

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike
If I'm one of the people that these quotes are directed at, I just wanted to say I never made a prediction about this series before it started so I don't know exactly how I could be "wishy-washy". Predictions aren't that big of a deal anyways. Either you're right or you're wrong so it's like whatever. I'm more interested in the analysis of the game rather than saying this team will win this game with this score but lose this next game by this much. Anyone can say anything they want but you won't really know until the game is played and over so there's really no point.
No, no -- I wasn't referring to you...... what's your analysis on Game 6?? Where did the Yankees go!??? They sure didn't show up at Bank One in Arizona!! I stopped watching after 4 innings -- I can't stand that much offense in a baseball game. Tonight better be good or else I'll just watch until the game gets out of hand, then tune in later for the post-game show.
Old 11-04-2001, 12:16 PM   #66
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

Wow! Huge game for the D'Backs...If they get on the board early and if Schilling can't go all 9, then they should put Brian Anderson in to close. I'm predicting the D'Backs to win game 7 and claim the world title 2-1!
C'mon D'Backs
Old 11-04-2001, 01:01 PM   #67
Rick Dogg
All-Star Player

Rick Dogg is on a distinguished road

THIS SUCKS!!!

If it wasnt for Bob Brenly, my prediction of the Diamondbacks in five would have been dead on! I was also right in saying that Anderson and Batista would pitch better than everyone thought. So eat that Lee!

Hopefully we see the end of the Yankee run tonight in Arizona. Then we can hear New Yorkers complain that D-Back supporters aren't real fans because they have a pool.

--Captain Hook
Old 11-04-2001, 03:43 PM   #68
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

WOW, I haven't been this excited about a baseball game like this before. Schilling vs. Clemens: it's all on the line and these teams will do anything to win this one-game shootout. Go D-Backs!
Old 11-04-2001, 05:40 PM   #69
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I hope Arizona wins, but Brenly must use Randy Johnson, Batista, Witt or anyone if Schilling falters in the early innings. The Yankees must not get a lead-that is crucial for this deciding game. Clemens will probably be very tough.