Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-22-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
Heathen
Don't call it a comeback

Heathen is on a distinguished road
Talking NFC Champions - Seattle Seahawks

YEEEAAAAHHH BABY!!!

What more can I say. We SHUT DOWN Steve Smith and had a great game on both sides of the ball.

Bring on the Steelers.... we're ready!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

tumblr | twitter
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

It's nice to see the Seahawks finally make it to the big game. Congrats!

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #3
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road

Congrats, but your Seahawks are gonna fly home empty handed from Detroit in a couple weeks
Old 01-23-2006, 12:05 AM   #4
SeahawKnDC
Were on the way! SB XL

SeahawKnDC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuerbin88
Congrats, but your Seahawks are gonna fly home empty handed from Detroit in a couple weeks
Another Hater!!!
It the same thing game after game. The Seahawks get no respect. All we do is win everygame that the sports world basically gives us no chance to win. When will you respect us. Well you what i have come to realize the Hawks wont get the respect we deserve until we win it all. Hopefully that will come this February. Finally the Seahawks have made it to the Superbowl. All you die hard fans out there join me in one BIG WE TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:lol:
I love IT!!!

Hasselbeck 20/28 Unfreakin believable.
SeahawKnDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:45 AM   #5
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawKnDC
Another Hater!!!
It the same thing game after game. The Seahawks get no respect. All we do is win everygame that the sports world basically gives us no chance to win. When will you respect us. Well you what i have come to realize the Hawks wont get the respect we deserve until we win it all. Hopefully that will come this February. Finally the Seahawks have made it to the Superbowl. All you die hard fans out there join me in one BIG WE TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:lol:
I love IT!!!

Haha...I gave you guys the respect, but you don't give the Steelers the respect. Number six seed, beat 1-2-3 seeds, on the road.

Roethlisberger 21/29 is pretty freakin unbelievable!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #6
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

It's hard to respect the Seahawks NFC title victory when it was over a team that was down to the 4th string running back, who they gave 4 rushing attempts. Then as a suprise to no one they were unable to run the football which led to triple coverage on Steve Smith killing the passing game.

Steelers will win the Super Bowl by double digits.

Quote:
Then what do you call Ben's 21-29, 275 yds, 2 TDs plus 1 rushing TD?

Hasselbeck had 27 rushing yards, which topped the Panthers top rusher (Robertson with 19 yards)

Last edited by blackdogsong; 01-23-2006 at 10:19 AM.
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #7
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

If Pittsburgh does win, it would make more sense in one respect: It would be far more plausible for the Seahawks to finish below .500 next year - and thus keep the infamous Super Bowl Runner-Up Jinx going - than if the Steelers lost; all that would really need to happen is for Seattle's defense to turn out to be a one-year flash in the pan - and come to think of it, there really wasn't even that much of a "flash," since the Seahawks finished exactly in the middle of the NFL in total defense this year, as they ranked tied (with Cleveland) for 16th in a 32-team league - and the 316.8 yards per game they allowed was actually a shade worse than the league average, which was 315.9.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:10 PM   #8
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

Anthony is correct on all counts. the Seahawks defense, and I'd say the same for the Colts, is mediocre at best. their good numbers, like turnovers and sacks, are a product of playing some of the worst teams in the NFL and playing in it's worst division this season then actual talent. Seahawks will be exposed as the best team from a watered down NFC and would have lost a Super Bowl to any AFC playoff team expect for Jacksonville and Cincinnati without Carson Palmer.
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:24 PM   #9
SeahawKnDC
Were on the way! SB XL

Stop Hateing. All of you. The fact is the Seahawks are better then each and every one of your favorite teams. Why? you ask. Because they are in the Superbowl and your teams are not.(unless you our are a steelers fan). The fact is the seahawks have one 15 games this year and lost 3, they just one the NFC title game. Stop bringing up these meaningless points about what could have happend have happend this easeon and what might happen next seaseon. Nothing will change the fact that on Feb 5 the Seahawks will be playing for the world championship. DEAL WITH IT!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #10
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawKnDC
Another Hater!!!
It the same thing game after game. The Seahawks get no respect
How can say they get no respect when they have the NFL's leading rusher and MVP??? SeaHawks get much respect.... its the NFC that gets no respect - there's a difference. Happy B-day BTW - and congrats on your Hawks.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
SeahawKnDC
Were on the way! SB XL

Thanks for the B-Day wishes Boston. And your right the NFC gets no respect.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #12
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I gotta say its pretty sad when the #1, I'll say it again number one team in the NFC is the UNDERDOG against the #6 team in the AFC!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 05:07 PM   #13
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

The AFC is a better conference, hence the more respect.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #14
boston_aloha
FFB #2

No doubt AFC is the better conference, they've won 5 of the last 7 superbowls
Old 01-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #15
SeahawKnDC
Were on the way! SB XL

Alot of times a win does not validate one team being better then another. You cant possibly believe the Steelers are better then the Colts yet they won the game. Just goes to show on Any Given Sunday any team can win. Just a matter of preparation and excecution.