Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
ESP0704
All-Star Player

ESP0704 is on a distinguished road
Talking My Bama parody

In the book of Genesis, God gives man dominion over the planet and all the creatures thereupon.

In the book of Matthew (the Parable of the Talents) Jesus illustrates that God will call us to answer for abusing the resources we've been given.

Therefore almost everyone who drives an SUV is sinning against God and is going to hell. The same for anyone who drives a Hummer and isn't currently wearing a military uniform.

Exceptions will be made for those who actually need a heavy-duty off-road vehicle for heavy-duty off-road work. But most people who drive SUVs and Hummers are merely driving them from their gated suburban paradises to the parking garages in their downtown office buildings.

Those people are going to hell.

This isn't an original thought. A few years ago, a left-wing Christian group launched the "What Would Jesus Drive" campaign.
Someone at my church, who totally missed the point, said that because Jesus was a carpenter who traveled with about a dozen of his closest friends, he probably would have driven a pickup truck, with a rack for his ladder and tools.

Maybe that's how it was -- and Judas just got ticked off after one too many times falling out the tailgate.

Anyway, the point of the "Jesus Drive" campaign is that environmentalism is a Christian value -- and those of you who are driving gas guzzlers without good reason will have God to answer to.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:09 AM   #2
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

:lol: , ESP....

I guess I'm safe with my Ford F150 since I'm a carpenter...
Old 02-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road

I have a 2005 Ford Focus. So I'm safe from God's wrath. lol
Old 02-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #4
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarkus
:lol: , ESP....

I guess I'm safe with my Ford F150 since I'm a carpenter...
Unless of course....Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.

Old 02-13-2005, 12:04 PM   #5
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , Pimp...

Great...... that sounds like a worse sin.

Now where did I put my American Express Anti-Lightning Strike helmet ("Don't be smote down without it")???
Old 02-13-2005, 01:02 PM   #6
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

You know what? Everyone here knows where I stand in terms of my political and religious beliefs, and my opinion of Bama.

But I also have to have to answer to Ricky's ridiculous claims of hypocrisy all the time.

Maybe if this was JUST about Environmentalism from a Christian perspective, it'd be okay, but I'm uneasy that you have framed it around a let's-make-fun-of-Bama post. We WOULD be up in arms if someone created a thread just to mock certain other people. Eric, your thread was hilarious IMO, but I'm shuttin' her down.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Closed Thread