Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 05:43 AM   #1
Ellis
gymnopedist
 
Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hyde Park
Posts: 8,140
Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about
Default Conspiracies...

Just wanted to see what people thought about some of the more famous ones. I know that a lot of people dislike them, but most of them have a lot of proof leaning toward the conspiracy side. Do you believe any of them or think that any of them could be true? I am assuming most of you know about them, so I won't bother to explain all of them. Google them if you don't.

1.9-11 Conspiracy
36% of Americans believe in the 9-11 conspiracies*.

2.JFK Conspiracy
More than half (51%) believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that government officials were "directly responsible for the assassination of President Kennedy." *

3. Aliens Conspiracy
Nearly half (47%) believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that "The U.S. Air Force is withholding proof of the existence of intelligent life from other planets."

4. Waco Conspiracy
More than one-third (40%) believe it is likely that the FBI burned down the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas.

5. MLK Conspiracy
Dexter Scott King believes that James Earl Ray was not the one who shot his father.

Last edited by Ellis; 01-02-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
Ellis
gymnopedist
 
Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hyde Park
Posts: 8,140
Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about
Default

Personally, here is what I think...

9-11 Conspiracy: Possible, but unlikely. I think it could be true due to the overwhelming evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.

JFK Conspiracy: Probable, due to overwhelming evidence that it was not physically possible for Oswald to have fired each shot.

Aliens: Possible that the government is holding evidence from us. I just don't see why they would hide it from us though and would think that anything big would have leaked by now.

MLK: I don't think that James Earl Ray shot King. Pictures show that there was a tree between King and where James shot King from. Also all witnesses pointed in another direction right after the shots were fired.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't think our government are these people who go out and manipulate large events and try to fool us. I just don't see it as that irrational to think the government could have been responsible for the assassinations of King or either of the Kennedy's.

Last edited by Ellis; 01-02-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
grifter
Skateboarding thug, Baby!
 
grifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: bradenton
Posts: 162
grifter is on a distinguished road
Default

9-11- I don't think it was the govt or any other form of conspiracy, nor have I seen any evidence to make me think so.

MLK-and-JFK- I think are very probable, especially JFK since Oswald wasn't that skilled with a rifle to be able to shoot from where they say he was with the rifle they said he had.

Aliens- possible, we can't be the only life forms and the gov. would like to try and work their tech. secretly

Waco-Def the feds, no conspiracy here, just facts.
__________________
I'm a rude rude boy raised by to much TV; I laugh at violence; Pain and death don't mean sh!t to me-HED pe

I played golf once. While everyone else was trying to hit holes in one, I hit a person. Let me tell ya that was so much more fun. I didn't know you were supposed to yell Four, I was to busy mumbling "I'm gonna miss him, alittle bit more to the left"
grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,309
tobynosker is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis
I think it could be true due to the overwhelming evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.
There is no overwhelming evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.

And if you are going to say that there is, please provide us with some of that "evidence" that you have knowledge of.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #5
Ellis
gymnopedist
 
Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hyde Park
Posts: 8,140
Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post
There is no overwhelming evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.

And if you are going to say that there is, please provide us with some of that "evidence" that you have knowledge of.
Sorry, I just assumed that you had seen it...

http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero...erreurs_en.htm

http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/flash.htm#Main
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
chiefsfan27
Paul Foeller
 
chiefsfan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 168
chiefsfan27 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
Gather round for a lesson boys and girls. Jet fuel is really, really hot. The temperature it burns at is more than enough to burn the aluminum that planes are made of. This would explain why only certain parts of the plane caused damage, because only certain parts of the plane were'nt destroyed by the intial explosion. It also expalins why there is not much wreckage left. Okay, not it's time for lunch, everybody grab your lunchboxes.
__________________
'If you can accept losing, you can't win."

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall."
Vince Lombardi
chiefsfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran
 
AmpleSound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 130
AmpleSound is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
Just wanted to see what people thought about some of the more famous ones. I know that a lot of people dislike them, but most of them have a lot of proof leaning toward the conspiracy side. Do you believe any of them or think that any of them could be true? I am assuming most of you know about them, so I won't bother to explain all of them. Google them if you don't.

1.9-11 Conspiracy
36% of Americans believe in the 9-11 conspiracies*.

2.JFK Conspiracy
More than half (51%) believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that government officials were "directly responsible for the assassination of President Kennedy." *

3. Aliens Conspiracy
Nearly half (47%) believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that "The U.S. Air Force is withholding proof of the existence of intelligent life from other planets."

4. Waco Conspiracy
More than one-third (40%) believe it is likely that the FBI burned down the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas.

5. MLK Conspiracy
Dexter Scott King believes that James Earl Ray was the one who shot his father.

9/11 - I could understand some of the ideas of this conspiracy, but mainly the pentagon attack... If you've seen pictures of the building "supposivly" just shortly after the "crash". You would understand this part of it...

JFK - There is no way that this should even be a "conspiracy" anymore. I think anyone with half a brain, that has seen the video footage. Knows there were shots from at least three different angles. Someone wanted him dead, and it wasn't just one guy firing from different sides of the street !

Aliens - I don't think so, if anything I would believe more as this one guy said from somewhere in Europe. "I believe it's us from the future". Doesn't that make sense!? What the heck do you think they would have thought; seeing this massive wreckage of something they'd never seen, pulling human bodies from it, wondering what country they were from! That's something more to hide than some freak show they could make millions from!

Waco - Haven't really followed this one... Didn't care to look it up either...

MLK - MLK even knew that his life was in danger once JFK was assassinated! Another that should be laughable as a "conspiracy"...

What about AIDS, have you ever read into that "conspiracy"!? Checkout a site called prisonplanet.com . They found some solid evidence that makes perfect sense as to the spread of the virus!
__________________
AmpleSound
MORIAH
AmpleSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #8
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine
 
BigBuddhaPup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: US
Posts: 584
BigBuddhaPup is on a distinguished road
Default

How about the idea that the United 93 was shot down? I have heard that conspiracy in my travels online...
__________________
Namaste,
BigBuddhaPup

:thumbup: Go Steelers....
"So it goes"
BigBuddhaPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,309
tobynosker is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpleSound
If you've seen pictures of the building "supposivly" just shortly after the "crash". You would understand this part of it...
The conspiracy theory surrounding the Pentagon attack on September 11th only derives from photographs taken from a great distance that apparently do not give the conspiracy theory nuts the proper impression of what a plane could do as far as damage to the structure of the building and the debris and wreckage that was found after the attack.

Video footage from the Pentagon that was released in March of 2002 clearly shows a plane approaching the building. And there are hundreds of eyewitness accounts of those who not only saw the plane approach the Pentagon, but actually witnessed it hitting the building.

Those behind a conspiracy theory like this one have absolutely no evidence to support their foolish claims.




EDITED: Speaking of conspiracies, I just got done eating lunch with 2Pac and Elvis and they told me take a record home and play it backwards. Apparently Paul McCartney is dead and Heather Mills has been trying to milk money off of a McCartney-look a like that she married.

Who knew?

Last edited by tobynosker; 01-02-2007 at 01:00 PM.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #10
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran
 
AmpleSound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 130
AmpleSound is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post
The conspiracy theory surrounding the Pentagon attack on September 11th only derives from photographs taken from a great distance that apparently do not give the conspiracy theory nuts the proper impression of what a plane could do as far as damage to the structure of the building and the debris and wreckage that was found after the attack.

Video footage from the Pentagon that was released in March of 2002 clearly shows a plane approaching the building. And there are hundreds of eyewitness accounts of those who not only saw the plane approach the Pentagon, but actually witnessed it hitting the building.

Those behind a conspiracy theory like this one have absolutely no evidence to support their foolish claims.
I've seen more pictures than those from afar... Don't feed me this crap lol, the pictures I've seen were taken with a look straight through the building. Absolutely no debree from plane wreckage could be seen... Sorry, but you can't remove that kind of plane debree in a matter of hours, no matter who you are...
__________________
AmpleSound
MORIAH
AmpleSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #11
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran
 
AmpleSound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 130
AmpleSound is on a distinguished road
Default

Very interesting idea... What about TWA flight 800!?
__________________
AmpleSound
MORIAH
AmpleSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #12
Jaguar Rick
rick in nc
 
Jaguar Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgia & North Carolina
Posts: 343
Jaguar Rick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
Just wanted to see what people thought about some of the more famous ones. I know that a lot of people dislike them, but most of them have a lot of proof leaning toward the conspiracy side. Do you believe any of them or think that any of them could be true? I am assuming most of you know about them, so I won't bother to explain all of them. Google them if you don't.

1.9-11 Conspiracy
36% of Americans believe in the 9-11 conspiracies*.

2.JFK Conspiracy
More than half (51%) believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that government officials were "directly responsible for the assassination of President Kennedy." *

3. Aliens Conspiracy
Nearly half (47%) believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that "The U.S. Air Force is withholding proof of the existence of intelligent life from other planets."

4. Waco Conspiracy
More than one-third (40%) believe it is likely that the FBI burned down the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas.

5. MLK Conspiracy
Dexter Scott King believes that James Earl Ray was the one who shot his father.
1. I believe that the 9-11 attacks were probably planned by BinLaden and Co. I also believe that the Bush admin. ignored warnings from the prior admin. & those in his circle, until after the fact.
2. I think Oswald took it upon himself to kill Kennedy.
3. I don't believe in "aliens", and don't believe the Air Force does.
4. If David Koresh was the 2nd Jesus, why did he wear glasses? I think the fire started inside, perhaps by accident.
5. I think James Earl Ray acted alone, but wanted to prolong his life by claiming otherwise.
__________________
If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?
Jaguar Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #13
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,309
tobynosker is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpleSound
I've seen more pictures than those from afar... Don't feed me this crap lol, the pictures I've seen were taken with a look straight through the building. Absolutely no debree from plane wreckage could be seen... Sorry, but you can't remove that kind of plane debree in a matter of hours, no matter who you are...
Is this what you are talking about?

Because it seems to me that it discredits the picture evidence you provided. Oh, wait a second...
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #14
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008
 
Richard the Lionheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,869
Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough
Default

As toby mentioned, this is all secondary because no one can possibly refute the hundreds of eye-witnesses.
__________________
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...
Richard the Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #15
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran
 
AmpleSound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 130
AmpleSound is on a distinguished road
Default

Well played Toby, I stand corrected - foot in mouth... Though I never provided picture evidence. Good evidence on your part though .
__________________
AmpleSound
MORIAH

Last edited by AmpleSound; 01-02-2007 at 01:26 PM.
AmpleSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.