Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

Old 12-17-2003, 03:44 PM   #1
Heathen
Don't call it a comeback

Heathen is on a distinguished road
Default Flyers acquire Comrie from Oilers

Read all about it here

Well.. the saga is over. Spoilt brat if you ask me (his dad owns The Brick).

Comrie for Jeff Woywitka, a 2004 first round draft pick and a third round pick in 2005 is not too bad for the Oil. Woywitka is gonna be a stud and the first round pick will be fine as the Oilers draft well.

Any thoughts?

tumblr | twitter
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:36 PM   #2
Loser
Grizzled Veteran

Loser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flyers acquire Comrie from Oilers

I can't believe they got that much for Comrie.

It was reported somewhere, don't know exactly where, that a deal between Anaheim and Edmonton was almost finished but then it became public and there were more calls from more teams wanting Comrie.

None-the-less, a great deal for Edmonton.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:15 PM   #3
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Great deal for both teams. The Flyers get another scoring threat to add to their already potent team and Edmonton gets a stud prospect and a some draft picks.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:15 PM   #4
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

I think this is better for Edmonton than the Anaheim deal... 'cuz Corey Perry would be able to play next year (even though he is doing just fine in my city of London right now ), but they need help NOW... enough of this "next year" crap... it's so sad to see Gretzky, Messier, Geurin, Joseph, Weight, Comrie, etc., etc., etc. all leave Edmonton because they just can't sustain those types of players. Comrie will probably flop this year 'cuz he hasn't had the NHL playing time until now.... but next year and the year after he will be great. Hopefully Wyowitka doesn't exit like all the others in a few seasons time
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 01:50 PM   #5
BobbyBaseball
Grizzled Veteran

BobbyBaseball is on a distinguished road

I dunno is hard to say who got the better of the deal right now. I think the Flyers may have for Comrie can step in and play right now!!! Many many players are labeled "can't miss" and many high draft picks really never pan out. So on paper, I think the Flyers got the best of the deal. But time will surely tell!
Old 12-26-2003, 07:29 PM   #6
BobbyBaseball
Grizzled Veteran

According to Comcast Television, Comrie is slated to join the team in Co. He has not joined the team as yet because he has encountered troubles acquiring his VISA
Old 12-27-2003, 11:48 PM   #7
BobbyBaseball
Grizzled Veteran

Well, after a few periods I think Comrie has played 6 shifts. Played with Williams and Gagne! Could be a great one-two punch with Roenick, Tony A, and Rex followed by Comrie, Willimas, and Gags.

I think Sammy Kap may be the most under rated palyer on the team. What a waterbug! He is totally relentless on the penalty kill , and has scored some big goals for the team.
GO FLYERS
Old 12-28-2003, 12:28 AM   #8
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

It's sad to see Edmonton lose all these great players. Nothing has been worse than the Peter Pocklington era though, the man who traded the greatest hockey player of all-time. As for Mike Comrie, it should be interesting to see how he fits in. Philadelphia wins this deal.
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 12:36 AM   #9
BobbyBaseball
Grizzled Veteran

Damn overime loses........you shouldn't get a point for an overtime loss..kinda like french kissing your sister....Hackett's days are numbered!!!!!!.....they gotta be. Not saying the goals are always his fault just saying when game is on the line he has got to come up a bit bigger. He's no more than a backup.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:05 AM   #10
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

I agree with you about the overtime loss point, it's stupid. If a team were to lose every single game in overtime in a season they'd still make the playoffs with 82 points.

Dumb.
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:42 AM   #11
Loser
Grizzled Veteran

Loser is on a distinguished road

If I was a coach, fortunatly for all the teams I am not, then I would play 3 forwards and 1 defenseman in the overtime.

The least your team can get is 1 point, and the only way you'll get more than that is by scoring 1 goal. So why not send out your best players onto the ice to score.

Imagine if in the overtime Colorado sends out Forsberg, Sakic, Hejduk, and Blake. Or Pittsburgh (In the better era) sends out Kovalev, Jagr, Lemieux, Kasparitias (For lack of a better defenseman in that year. Or Detroit sends out Yzerman, Datsyuk, Hull, Lidstrom. Well you get my point.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:37 PM   #12
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

Wow Brian... I never thought of it that way...... very intersting take on the OT rule.
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote