Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

Old 12-30-2003, 07:24 PM   #1
BobbyBaseball
Grizzled Veteran

BobbyBaseball is on a distinguished road
Default Comrie pays dividends!

Comrie already has paid dividends netting a goal in Dallas. Gagne shot from the right cicrle, and Comrie was there to knock the rebound into the net for his first goal in the orange and black. He made a few really beautiful passes. He is the real deal! With the score tied 2-2 and in the 3rd period, there were no signs of Comrie on the ice. Seems Hitch was slowly working him into playin' shape.

Last edited by BobbyBaseball; 12-30-2003 at 10:40 PM.
BobbyBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

The Flyers are shaping up to be the class of the East, and they are very close. When you can throw out guys like Roenick, Amonte, Recchi, and Comrie just to name a few, it gives them a huge advantage. It'll really help Comrie playing alongside Gagne & Williams.
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 08:40 PM   #3
Loser
Grizzled Veteran

Loser is on a distinguished road

And yet they still haven't won the big game since 1975.

Without a solid #1 goaltender I doubt they will win the Stanley Cup. I just don't think Esche or Hackett will win them the Stanley Cup.

And I'd wait till the Edmonton players get a chance to "pay dividends" to see which team won the deal.

Last edited by Loser; 12-30-2003 at 08:44 PM.
Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 10:45 PM   #4
BobbyBaseball
Grizzled Veteran

Tis true!!!.....1975! Very true about the goalies situation too!!! I like Esche more than Hackett...he seems to give up less rebounds!

As far as the deal, I'd take Comrie even if it had meant to lose a player off the roster. How often do can't miss players miss? Ummm the one that comes to mind right away, dunno why, is Pat Fallon....drafted right after Lindros, I think! Scored a million goals in the minors yet never ever made it in the bigs.

Brian.....they have a solid squad......guess time will tell how the goalies hold up!

Last edited by BobbyBaseball; 12-30-2003 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:20 AM   #5
Loser
Grizzled Veteran

Loser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ummm the one that comes to mind right away, dunno why, is Pat Fallon....drafted right after Lindros, I think!
That's a rather unfair example. In his first year he played 79 games and had 25 goals, 34 assists, and 59 points. Then injuries killed him..

A better example would have been Daigle.

But I agree with you about the Flyers winning the deal now, but what if that 1st rounder that they traded ended up getting Edmonton, Crosby? Would you be upset then?

Last edited by Loser; 12-31-2003 at 11:24 AM.
Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:28 PM   #6
BobbyBaseball
Grizzled Veteran

Well when he was with philly....Injuries were not his problem...his "d" and lack of "o" were his downfall. And yep he scored 20 goals...like I said before give me something that can help now cause you never know what tomorrow might bring...Daigle is a perfect example...nice job! ..I guess I'm not much of a gambler..I'll play with the knowns...hehehe
Happy New Years

Oh by the way, never implied Fallon was a bumb just showing how a can't miss prospect can miss! And in his case, yes injuries helped!
Old 01-02-2004, 09:52 PM   #7
BobbyBaseball
Grizzled Veteran

2 more goals for Comrie as Flyers beat Florida 2-1. Only downside was that Primes broke his thumb and word is not out as to how long he'll be out!
GO FLYERS

Last edited by BobbyBaseball; 01-02-2004 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:40 PM   #8
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

Comrie is really playing off Gagne and Williams as I thought he would, that line is really stepping up.
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote