Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 01-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #151
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

On a similar topic:

I wonder what everyone thinks we should do if we ever catch Osama alive. How would that be handled? Obviously, death is the only penalty suitable for him, but how? By who? and Where? Make it public?

I think it would be funny to keep him alive for a few months, forcing him to watch MTV, and watch women vote, in skimpy shirts. Now that would be a great punishment. Obviously, kill him after.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #152
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

BigBuddhaPup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Nah. The honor you are referring to was held by the previous occupant of the White House for many reasons. I'll list them if you are interested, and none has to do with his sexual daliances.
To begin with, his administration was without Cabinet Level members for over 6 months -- he hadn't even nominated everyone for over 4 months. This is absolutely unacceptable.
Then there was the sale of missile technology to China that allowed them to move their weapons program to a level where they could strike our soil.
Need I go further?

Sure..go on.. tell me how Clinton sent over 130 K troops to war on a lie? Tell me how this decision has lead to over 3000 troops dead, over 10,000 troops injuried, over 100,000 Iraqis dead, over 3.6 million Iraqi displaced... Oh, Clinton had sex and lied about it.. Clinton got campaign contributions from the Chinese... well they are so compariable... it is obvious you are simply partisan and will stretch any comparison, or try to make inane comparisons to justify the horrible presidency of GW...

:thumbup: Go Steelers....
"So it goes"
BigBuddhaPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #153
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
I see this thread has roamed now 8-10 pages...meanwhile no spike in violence in Iraq has been observed directly attributible to Saddam's execution...indeed most of the concern, if any, has been on Saddam's Deputy, whose head seperated from his body when he was hung. Saddam's execution caused no escalation in violence; in fact, most observers have sensed some good coming from Iraq handling the trial and execution...

Therefore, the main conclusion here is that it is good if iraq handles its own business, which is exactly and precisely what the United States is working toward in the larger Iraq handover...We are justified being in Iraq and maintaining the peace from terrorism until Iraq can take over its own soil. The current violence among disparate groups in Iraq is a matter apart from this handover but it is good to see Saddam terminated at the hands of the Iraqis themselves and no violence coming out of it...

The actual conclusion I have gathered from my reading on this subject is that the violence did go up... it went from an average 65 deaths to 75 deaths per day in Iraq from violence... bombings did go up... this is accordingly to Fox News as well as Washington Post, etc... Fox News said the increase in violence was marginal... the Post said it was a trend on the upswing..

As for Iraqi gov't taking over... yes.. lets get the hell out of there... let them fight their civil war... we should keep troops in the northern part of Iraq to protect the Kurds this time around... re-deploy the troops with time left on their tour to Afghanistan, where we can actually do something... and bring the rest home...

"So it goes"
Old 01-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #154
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
Nice to see that you are catching on, Fresh. I am very bright -- I've been a member of MENSA for over 30 years. I am somewhat arrogant, but only when I have difficulty explaining simple things to someone that cannot seem to understand them.
I am against Genocide anywhere.
Yes, I've been affected by abortion. I studied the procedure during Nursing School. It is barbaric, especially in the 3rd trimester.
Have you looked foolish enough or do you need me to continue?

I figured I didn't have to pay an organization to prove to myself or others that I am intelligent... but each to their own... do you sit around talking about how big your IQ is and patting each other on the back?

Quote:
...86.7% of abortions were conducted at or prior to 12 weeks, 9.9% from 13 to 20 weeks, and 1.4% at or after 21 weeks...

...A fetus is viable when it reaches an "anatomical threshold" when critical organs, such as the lungs and kidneys, can sustain independent life. Until the air sacs are mature enough to permit gases to pass into and out of the bloodstream, which is extremely unlikely until at least 23 weeks gestation (from last menstrual period), a fetus cannot be sustained even with a respirator, which can force air into the lungs but cannot pass gas from the lungs into the bloodstream....

"So it goes"

Last edited by BigBuddhaPup; 01-19-2007 at 09:39 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-19-2007, 09:33 AM   #155
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
You may wish to keep this thread on deceased Hussein and Iraq rather than your threadjacks...

We haven't held impeachment hearings on President Bush about his lying about sex nor have we had to bare with a pervert in the Oval Office getting a quickie in the White House closet, so your presumtion of Bubba's IQ is somewhat laughable...

Would you be affected if I cut your relative's son or daughter to pieces with a knife then vaccumed up the remaining pieces?

Back on topic; Saddam was Iraq's business and it took care of business...
Well, to impeach GW, means we get an even worse replacement, nobody wants that...

Your last rhetorical question is simply ignorant... it is on par with your anal rape scenario earlier...

"So it goes"
Old 01-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #156
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
You are looking foolish catman,

How are you affected by genocide in the Sudan?

How dare you use their flimsy illogical reasoning on them?

If he wasn't affected by genocide... then the next question in their arsenal is: How are you personally or first-hand affected by it.... please follow up... :lol:

"So it goes"
Old 01-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #157
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuddhaPup View Post
How dare you use their flimsy illogical reasoning on them?

If he wasn't affected by genocide... then the next question in their arsenal is: How are you personally or first-hand affected by it.... please follow up... :lol:
I see that you did, CK... good job... I hope it might sink in that line of arguement is illogical to them...:thumbup:

"So it goes"
Old 01-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #158
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Yeah, it's funny. For some reason I am not allowed to oppose the patriot act because I have never been unjustly detained by the FBI. Yet, catman can be against abortion and genocide, even though he has never been aborted, or killed... (lol)

The logic is: catman and his peers can oppose something that doesn't directly affect them, but I can not.

I think catman knows that his logic here is flawed and that he has made an unfair claim about my opposition, but do you think he will ever say, "I'm sorry, I was wrong." ? Of course not.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #159
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

My logic is not flawed, Fresh. That would be yours. You ask silly questions that are not germaine to the topic at hand and expect me to take them seriously? What would you have said if I had said I was for genocide in the Sudan?
Sorry Fresh. Either ask questions that pertain to the topic or expect ridicule from me.
As I have said, the Government can read all of my mail, e-mails and listen in on all of my phone conversations if they have nothing better to do. I have nothing to hide, therefore nothing to fear.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:06 PM   #160
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuddhaPup View Post
Sure..go on.. tell me how Clinton sent over 130 K troops to war on a lie? Tell me how this decision has lead to over 3000 troops dead, over 10,000 troops injuried, over 100,000 Iraqis dead, over 3.6 million Iraqi displaced... Oh, Clinton had sex and lied about it.. Clinton got campaign contributions from the Chinese... well they are so compariable... it is obvious you are simply partisan and will stretch any comparison, or try to make inane comparisons to justify the horrible presidency of GW...
What "lie" was told by GW Bush that had not been told by countless others prior to him saying it? Even prominant Democrats said that Saddam had WMDs while it was politically expedient for them to do so.
Removing a State sponsor of international terrorism was not a bad thing.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #161
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
My logic is not flawed, Fresh. That would be yours. You ask silly questions that are not germaine to the topic at hand and expect me to take them seriously? What would you have said if I had said I was for genocide in the Sudan?
Sorry Fresh. Either ask questions that pertain to the topic or expect ridicule from me.
As I have said, the Government can read all of my mail, e-mails and listen in on all of my phone conversations if they have nothing better to do. I have nothing to hide, therefore nothing to fear.
Your logic is flawed and hypocritical because you allow people like yourself and others to oppose things that don't directly affect you but fault others for doing the same thing.

Answer a bisc question with yes or no:

Is it ok to oppose things that affect others but do not directly affect you?

Think Fresh.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #162
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
What "lie" was told by GW Bush that had not been told by countless others prior to him saying it? Even prominant Democrats said that Saddam had WMDs while it was politically expedient for them to do so.
Removing a State sponsor of international terrorism was not a bad thing.
Information was purposefully cherry picked by this administration to go into war... isn't that lying or do you want to go into semantics? That is Clinton-esque isn't it? Of course prominent Democrats agreed to give the President the power to go to war, they believed what the administration passed off as facts... what the democrats are at fault for is actually believing this administration passing off half-truth(imcomplete information) as facts.. it is indigenous to say this is the truth and not provide all the facts... and that is exactly what they did...

Removing a state sponsor of international terrorism is proving to a very bad thing... it has killed many more people than it has helped, it has created a power vaccuum in the Middle East... it has emboldened Shia countries like Iran to escalate a regional conflict further... it has diminished our standing in the world... yes, the world would be a better place if Saddam was still in power in comparison in what we have done in Iraq... it was an ill advised plan and an ill advised war than had absolutely nothing to do with the so called "war on terror" when it was started...

"So it goes"

Last edited by BigBuddhaPup; 01-19-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #163
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Your logic is flawed and hypocritical because you allow people like yourself and others to oppose things that don't directly affect you but fault others for doing the same thing.

Answer a bisc question with yes or no:

Is it ok to oppose things that affect others but do not directly affect you?

Like, for example... terrorism... when was anyone here actually bombed by Al Queda? or when did someone from Iraq come over and bomb their home...

you mean something like that, CK... yep, definitely illogical tripe...:lol:

"So it goes"
Old 01-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #164
Cure
Agnostic Cards fan

Cure is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I believe that cuts to the heart of this debate... I don't think it's any of the governments damn business what we choose or don't choose to do. I guess I would ask why that doesn't bother you?

And consider this: If you have nothing to hide, would you mind the Government coming to your house and rooting through you desk and filing cabinets?... what about the medicine cabinet?... perhaps reading your diary?

Something to think about.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #165
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I believe that cuts to the heart of this debate... I don't think it's any of the governments damn business what we choose or don't choose to do. I guess I would ask why that doesn't bother you?

And consider this: If you have nothing to hide, would you mind the Government coming to your house and rooting through you desk and filing cabinets?... what about the medicine cabinet?... perhaps reading your diary?

Something to think about.

Dear Diary,

Today, I met the cutest boy... he said his name was Cure... but I think he was joking.. :lol:

"So it goes"