Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #31
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddEnemy
Yeah, you are right Dave.

I will now bow out of the website. You, Beane or whoever will not have to read another post by ME.
We can only hope.

MaddEnemy Redux, by Kevin Beane:

Can some honestly tell me MaddEnemy isn't a trolling necrophiliac leprachaun?

(Later)

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Look at you guys! Where did I say MaddEnemy was a trolling necrophiliac leprechaun?

THE END

(bows)

Okay, so Doug already basically made the exact same point, but I wanted to to it...theatrically. And for the record, I only believe the troll part.

And is there anything funnier than an (*ALLEGEDLY*) 30-something man saying, "FINE! I quit! You don't have to hear from ME anymore, bleah!"

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Old 01-21-2005, 07:07 PM   #32
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

" You can't fire me, I quit. Why don't I fit in?" - Herbie, the little elf in Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

Remember that song guys?
Old 01-21-2005, 07:19 PM   #33
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by buckeyefan78
" You can't fire me, I quit. Why don't I fit in?" - Herbie, the little elf in Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

Remember that song guys?
My little girl got the video of the show for Christmas, along with figures of all the main characters: Rudolph, his girlfriend, skinny Santa, Herbie, his boss, the Abominable Snow Monster (really cool!), and the prospector who tamed him (name escapes me at the moment), and the Burl Ives Snowman, complete with banjo!

Dave
Old 01-21-2005, 07:32 PM   #34
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Let's take a break from the MaDDness.....

I've brought some treats...dig in.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poptart2.jpg (14.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 01-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #35
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Ironic choice of snack, Tarkus.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Old 01-21-2005, 07:50 PM   #36
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

I'm up to my eyeballs in irony as a rule, Kev...
Old 01-22-2005, 01:11 AM   #37
Sketch
Sports Enthusiast

Sketch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricky the Kid
He didn't even know who Lafayette was! I don't think we need to break down his post, its probably comming from a perspective that isnt very informative.
I do, in fact, know who Lafayette is. It was a joke and I'm sorry you didn't see that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricky the Kid
But it should be clear to anyone that has an elementary understanding of the Consitution, all of our founding documents and literature, and the beliefs of the founders of this country that equality of human rights for all people is more than a national interest, its our way of life.
We could, of course, debate this point if you want. The actions of some of our founders did not, in fact, bear out the lip service paid to "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal". At least not in our understanding today. Today we see minority races as "men" and "women". In the 1700s and 1800s, they were not seen as men and women but as slaves, objects to be used by the master. Shall I continue?

Thanks for the lively debate, guys. I expected controversy. It's good to see my expectations were not far off.

Aaron
Old 01-22-2005, 04:55 AM   #38
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

How ironic it is that I for once 100% agree with Buckeye and yet we arrive at the same point from entirely different paths.

Anyway, what it boils down to is that MLKjr- the man- is not nearly as important as his message. So, whether or not he was a 'saint' in his personal life means much less than the fact that his message stuck and that is all that is important.

Now go hug a tree haha
Old 01-22-2005, 05:56 PM   #39
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

so, who's going to start the threads now!?!?
Old 01-22-2005, 08:08 PM   #40
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Now I know what to ask for next Christmas Dave. I didn't know they had all that stuff. Can you play that little banjo, or is it just for show?

Interesting to note, Dave cites a skinny Santa, but if you recall, Santa does get fat by the end of the show, just in time for Christmas. I wonder if they make a fat Santa, and just how much it goes for on Ebay.

Sorry to sidetrack, but are we still arguing with people who want to stir the pot and have no factual info on the topic at hand?
Closed Thread