Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #16
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Perhaps you should go for a visit. Kansas is a nice place
Did I say it wasn't a nice place? Please be specific.

Quote:
How did I insult you? And be specific.
"attempt to lump the entire state into a category to fit your opinion"

This is implying that I am generalizing an entire population to "fit my opinion," hence, insulting me, and my style of debate.

I did not do that which you accused me off, I simply stated a fact, and that I disagree with the poliitics of Kansas more often that not.

I would appreciate an apology, but I don't expect one
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Fresh, don't start in on this one. You will not appreciate the result. You appear to be one that wants to be offended in this arena and I will not take your bait.
If no one has anything germaine to add, I will close this thread. I will leave it open until I come home from work this evening.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:41 PM   #18
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
You will not appreciate the result.
Yes Sir! I will follow your every order almighty.
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #19
Montrovant
Hatecarver
 
Montrovant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 685
Montrovant is on a distinguished road
Default

OMG the arguments here are getting ridiculous

I hate Florida. I hate Jersey. I hate Texas.

I've only been in 2 of the states and only lived in 1. A good portion of my dislike is completely irrational and you can say whatever the hell you want without changing my mind

Getting offended because CK doesn't approve of many policies or voting trends in Kansas....well, I would say you need a bit of a thicker skin. Especially considering he actually gave some facts to explain why he has the opinion he does, and never said the state was a bad place to live or that the people were horrible.
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #20
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,309
tobynosker is on a distinguished road
Default

Of course I didn't want this thread to turn into another pissing contest between catman and CK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh
Please explain where I lumped the people of Kansas together in a category?
...but, I only took your comment of "I normally disagree with things that happen in Kansas" to be a cheap-shot at a state where you feel no good things occur.

If you are basing this opinion on the long history of electoral votes going to Republican presidential candidates and the ongoing debate over the theory of evolution being taught in school that's fine, but as a liberal who would want to live nowhere else but Kansas, I do still feel you are making a broad generalization of a state without much thought, consideration or reason.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrovant
Getting offended because CK doesn't approve of many policies or voting trends in Kansas....
I was never offended by CK's comments, and I only took issue with his initial comment because it felt like he was taking a swipe at the state (which includes the people who live within it) for no particular reason.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:56 PM   #21
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Of course I didn't want this thread to turn into another pissing contest between catman and CK...
Not your fault toby. I could say the sky is blue and catman would argue that with me.

Quote:
...but, I only took your comment of "I normally disagree with things that happen in Kansas" to be a cheap-shot at a state where you feel no good things occur.
I apologize if you took that as a cheap shot. I was simply implying that Kansas is more conservative, on the national compass, than me.

Quote:
but as a liberal who would want to live nowhere else but Kansas, I do still feel you are making a broad generalization of a state without much thought, consideration or reason.
I understand that, and as I pointed out, I am sure there are very liberal parts of the state. All I know is that Kansas is one of the most Bush-supportive states in the country, and that's what I was referring to.

Quote:
Especially considering he actually gave some facts to explain why he has the opinion he does, and never said the state was a bad place to live or that the people were horrible.
Thanks Montro!
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:54 PM   #22
suedon1970
Sports Chick
 
suedon1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,944
suedon1970 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrovant View Post
I hate Florida. I hate Jersey. I hate Texas.
HEY! If you hate Florida and currently live here, then do us a favor and LEAVE!!!!!

Signed,

A proud 1st generation Floridian
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #23
Montrovant
Hatecarver
 
Montrovant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 685
Montrovant is on a distinguished road
Default

Lol, soon as my lotto ticket is a winner Sue!
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #24
suedon1970
Sports Chick
 
suedon1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,944
suedon1970 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrovant View Post
Lol, soon as my lotto ticket is a winner Sue!
Looks like you're stuck here with the hurricanes, old people, mosquitos, other assorted bugs, unbearable summer heat, etc.:lol:
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:57 PM   #25
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedon1970 View Post
Looks like you're stuck here with the hurricanes, old people, mosquitos, other assorted bugs, unbearable summer heat, etc.:lol:
Don't forget Jeb Bush...
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #26
Montrovant
Hatecarver
 
Montrovant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 685
Montrovant is on a distinguished road
Default

Pfft, I don't care about Jeb....the weather makes me sad, the bugs as well.....like the ginormous black flying bug with red antennae or something that was out on my porch yesterday. I sprayed it, soaked it really, with Raid, and it flew off in a huff

Luckily hurricanes aren't a problem in Tampa, we let the coastal towns take the brunt of them for us lol.
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 AM.