Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 01-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Obama's campaign promises

Ok, Obama, not even in office yet has said he has to put a hold on his promises that got him elected. Due to the economy? Wasn't that part of his campaign strategy,...that the economy sucks? Ok,...I will give him that one as a free-bee.:lol: I won't talk about the health care, free college, the 2.5 million, I mean 3 million, or ah 4 million jobs,...etc,.....

Only government can solve the problem he says, but he has put the solving on hold????????

What I really want to know is why he won't pull out of IRAQ immediately as he promised when Americans went to the polls and voted for him?

...it is not going to happen folks,...watch and learn.

I guess some INTELLIGENCE briefings made him think otherwise!:lol::lol:

I hope he does the best, not what he says he will do. So far, that is how it is looking like! Wow, I almost thought he was in office already!?

Last edited by DETMURDS; 01-12-2009 at 10:05 PM.
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:38 AM   #2
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What I really want to know is why he won't pull out of IRAQ immediately as he promised when Americans went to the polls and voted for him?
Please show me where he ever said, "we will pull out of Iraq immediately."

He never said that. He always said, "as soon as possible," or "within 18 months."

Obama is not some moron who is going to step in and remove thousands of troops from a hostile region. He is going to begin a steady withdrawal as responsibily as possible, but he also recognizes the need to stablize a struggling country.

The fact of the matter is, the Iraqi gov't has endorsed the same plan of withdrawal that Obama presented about a year ago.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

CKF, didn't you watch his first debate?

http://news.aol.com/political-machin...r-than-ending/

"As soon as I take office, I will begin immediate withdrawl." Obama said.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

He has said it many times, he has also said it on 60 minutes, on his campaign trail, everywhere,... and if you don't believe that,...watch him say it himself. Want more video of him saying this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-FCUqUs9ec

Last edited by DETMURDS; 01-13-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

HELLO?

I didn't just pull this out of my butt, it was in his website as well when he announced his candidacy. I looked over everyone who was running. I even copied Obama's intentions and put it in my website.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
He has said it many times, he has also said it on 60 minutes, on his campaign trail, everywhere,... and if you don't believe that,...watch him say it himself. Want more video of him saying this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-FCUqUs9ec
The words,

"We should immediately BEGIN to remove our troops from Iraq."

Again, that may be tough for you to understand, but in case you haven't noticed, that is exactly what he is going to do.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 AM   #7
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Fresh, Obama said he would do a lot of things when he was campaigning, just like every other politician does. He is finding that he will have a great deal of difficulty following through on his promises, just as nearly every politician does.
Running for and winning the office is the easy part. Governing is much more difficult. He is beginning to learn that. I will give him credit for taking some of the stands he is taking. He is acting more like a Republican than McCain does.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
The words,

"We should immediately BEGIN to remove our troops from Iraq."

Again, that may be tough for you to understand, but in case you haven't noticed, that is exactly what he is going to do.
He has also said that HE WILL start an immediately troop removal from Iraq, which will take 16 months. Ok, I don't think he will. I don't even think he will start for another 12 months, ....but who knows? I do know that he is highly financially invested in Blackwater, which will also have a great presence in Iraq??

Here is another thing he said which is not true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

And he still has two more to visit???

Is he a liar, ....or just not smart?
Old 01-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #9
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
He has also said that HE WILL start an immediately troop removal from Iraq, which will take 16 months. Ok, I don't think he will. I don't even think he will start for another 12 months, ....but who knows? I do know that he is highly financially invested in Blackwater, which will also have a great presence in Iraq??

Here is another thing he said which is not true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws
:lol:

He clearly misspoke DET, give me a break.

He went to Havard and is a Constitutional Law Scholar. Trust me, he knows how many states there are. He knew more about this country at the age of 25 than you know right now.

Are you seriously questioning his intellect? That's not a battle you are going to win.

Question his judgement, question his ideology, question his appointments - but when you start to post videos of him misspeaking as evidence of his inferior intellect, you just look silly.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

I noticed this article when I got home from work and it seemed relevant to the conversation :

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...thdrawal-plan/

I imagine there were a number of campaign promises that will not be met by Obama, as with probably all presidents. For now, I'll wait to see if this turns out to be one of them or not.
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Another thing, ....the numbers of military in Iraq are lower than last year anyhow, which is the result of success, not a pull out.