Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 01-31-2001, 10:09 PM   #1
Jersey Devil
All-Star Player

Jersey Devil is on a distinguished road

It's about mid-season, so I pose the question ... now that everybody has gotten a chance to see every team play, here's your chance to "correct" your pre-season predictions.

In the East, I see the Knicks and the Sixers in the conference finals, with the Sixers coming out on top.

In the West, I think that the Spurs end up playing the Blazers (who get revenge on the Lakers after last year's disaster). Gosh knows why I even think the Spurs are going anywhere this year, it's just a gut feeling.

After everything is said and done, the Sixers defeat the Spurs. I don't quite have the confidence in Portland yet.

If anyone cares, I'm not basing my guess on the fact that the Sixers have the best record in the league right now, I'm just being a homer :-) That said, I'm the worst person in the world on predictions, so I'll give it a go again when the playoffs come around and injuries and trades are accounted for. This is going to be an exciting second half of the season / playoffs, especially in the West.

Any predictions from the peanut gallery?
Jersey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 10:39 PM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I like your prediction of the Blazers over the Lakers - unless something drastic happens in L.A. land, they aren't going to win another championship this year - they can't even get along as a team. I wonder how much the loss of Rice actually hurts?

In the East, it's a joke how weak things are, especially in the frontcourt without 'Zo. I like the Sixers, but I can see the Knicks beating them because they don't have much of an inside game (then again, the Knicks don't have much of one, either).
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote