Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 12-14-2006, 02:24 AM   #61
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Yep. It will be interesting to see what Marc has to say about all of this. We had a similar thing happen over a year ago, where a group (smaller than yours) came over, but they ended up leaving after a while. It was because their boards got shut down though, which they probably fixed then all went back.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:26 AM   #62
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
Yep. It will be interesting to see what Marc has to say about all of this. We had a similar thing happen over a year ago, where a group (smaller than yours) came over, but they ended up leaving after a while. It was because their boards got shut down though, which they probably fixed then all went back.
I doubt the CBS boards got shut down. I think this new group will be here for a while.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:26 AM   #63
PredsFan6943
Sports Enthusiast

PredsFan6943 is on a distinguished road

Hooray, we get Silver Dragon! Now we can continue the pick 'em threads!
PredsFan6943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:26 AM   #64
RavenPoe
All-Star Player

RavenPoe is on a distinguished road

Hardrock,

Good to see you. We kinda already had a thread. It's just above yours in the lounge called CBS Refugees Unite. Now there's two so hopefully everyone can find at least one of them. lol
RavenPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:29 AM   #65
PredsFan6943
Sports Enthusiast

Yeah, dude, the CBS boards have been bad for a while. The warnings system is bogus, the admins don't do their job at ALL (and they get paid for it!) and a lot of people get harassed by just a few idiot members.

Do yourself a favor. If you see a dalydaly or a No SB Rings, save yourself the trouble and ban them on sight. All they want to do is be pains in the tail.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:34 AM   #66
themush
Banned

Admin around here is pretty strict when it comes to somethings but, not if you are bring up an intelligent topic. As long as it dosen't come down to name calling and personal blasts, any thought you have will be welcomed here.

There has to be one Gator fan in the lot of you guys that have just joined right?
Old 12-14-2006, 02:40 AM   #67
PredsFan6943
Sports Enthusiast

Guess it's not going to help any if I mention I'm from Knoxville.

I've got a couple of Gators fans on my Favorites list on the other board - I'll see what I can do to get them over here.

G'night!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:43 AM   #68
Ellis
gymnopedist

This thread will probably get locked down or deleted when Marc or Anthony gets on.

There is already a thread like this in the lounge and it belongs in the lounge anyways

Just wanted to let you guys know before it happened. Our moderators are not strict, but they do a good job when it comes to keeping things in line and making it a good environment, rather than a chaotic one. You guys will get a feel for the rules after a day or two. Good to see all of you here though.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:50 AM   #69
Cure
Agnostic Cards fan

Cure is on a distinguished road

I already like themush. Anyone who calls themselves an Idiot Savant is okay in my book.

Adios
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:04 AM   #70
hardrock
Rookie Player

hardrock is on a distinguished road
Default Some background....

Just a little bit of background on the exodus from CBS is that one of the more popular members wrote a interesting post but was suddenly being attacked by the some individuals using the WARNING system that the board has. It took his reputation down by half in about a day. CBS was upholding the warnings that these "people" were issuing that were unfounded. They were accusing him of being a sexist, which was not the case, of insulting thier religion which he was not doing. The guy is a writer by profession and he is very humorous. He has never made a offensive post, women have been coming forward and defending the post that he made that was accused of being sexist. This move by so many people will probably continue to grow over the next couple of days.... the warning system over there is really starting to Pi$$ people off.... I would have gotten a warning for that, so I will see if I get one for it here... lol
hardrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:13 AM   #71
themush
Banned

Nah, nothing like that here. Of course there are certain things that shouldn't be said(typed) but, as long as it has some basis for arguement and isn't "over the top" anything you wish to share here will be welcomed.

Don't get me wrong a lot of us here get pissed at one another from time to time. The reason we all come back is because it never gets personal. For God's sake I'm a Gator fan and one of the (I'll use wiser in place of older) wiser members here is an Ohio State fan (Buckeyefan78) you think we get along these days?
Old 12-14-2006, 03:24 AM   #72
Ellis
gymnopedist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock View Post
Just a little bit of background on the exodus from CBS is that one of the more popular members wrote a interesting post but was suddenly being attacked by the some individuals using the WARNING system that the board has. It took his reputation down by half in about a day. CBS was upholding the warnings that these "people" were issuing that were unfounded. They were accusing him of being a sexist, which was not the case, of insulting thier religion which he was not doing. The guy is a writer by profession and he is very humorous. He has never made a offensive post, women have been coming forward and defending the post that he made that was accused of being sexist. This move by so many people will probably continue to grow over the next couple of days.... the warning system over there is really starting to Pi$$ people off.... I would have gotten a warning for that, so I will see if I get one for it here... lol
No warning system here for you guys to worry about. Everything is just done through the moderators. They can be strict and unreasonable when it comes to little things, but the mods are fair and create the best environment around.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:25 AM   #73
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

So - welcome aboard everybody! :wavey:

Come to think of it, I have sort of a story of my own to tell along these lines: I used to belong to MSN's old board, which they took off-line about five years ago.

And what do you mean by "strict and unreasonable," Ellis? :lol:
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:18 AM   #74
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Yeah, Ellis and I just met on another thread.
I hope it wasn't from the white supremacist board that Ellis was checking out a little while ago lol.

Welcome folks...

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:33 AM   #75
Ellis
gymnopedist

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken View Post
I hope it wasn't from the white supremacist board that Ellis was checking out a little while ago lol.

Welcome folks...
Just so that no one takes that the wrong way, I was fighting against the white supremacists, not with them