Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 07-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default Notre Dame QB Frazer will transfer to UConn...

Former Notre Dame QB Frazer picks UConn over Cincinnati

Former Notre Dame quarterback Zach Frazer will transfer to the University of Connecticut, his father Dave said Sunday.

Frazer chose UConn over Cincinnati.

"Zach really feels he can go to UConn and win a Big East title," Dave Frazer said.

A strong-armed, 6-foot-5, 226-pound redshirt freshman, Frazer was considered a blue-chip recruit after passing for 3,647 yards and 27 touchdowns as a junior at Mechanicsburg (Pa.).

Last month, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis announced true freshman Jimmy Clausen, redshirt freshman Demetrius Jones and junior Evan Sharpley would compete for the starting position in the fall.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2922773

I thought he'd give Pitt a try considering he's from there and Palko is gone. I guess Wanny has some recruits lined up.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Wow, and he only considered UCONN and Cincy? How do you go from being recruited by Notre Dame to transferring to UConn or Cincy?
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
Wow, and he only considered UCONN and Cincy? How do you go from being recruited by Notre Dame to transferring to UConn or Cincy?
I thought about that too and I think it may have something to do with who got what and where. If he wanted to stay in the East or Midwest perhaps all the other big boys have their slots filled at QB. That's why I thought Pitt but then said Wanny must have guys in place.

Still...that is quite a drop going from Notre Dame to UConn. The Bearcats have a senior QB in Dustin Grutza so I'm not sure why he didn't pick Cincy. Not sure of the QB situation at UConn.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

But given that he is going to have to sit out a year surely there are other quality programs who are going to be recruiting QBs this fall.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
But given that he is going to have to sit out a year surely there are other quality programs who are going to be recruiting QBs this fall.
Yeah, but recruiting and playing are two different things. Perhaps UConn told him he'll start next year when he comes in. If he goes to say an Ohio State or Penn State then he'll only have the opportunity to compete. If he goes there and has to sit another year than that's two years without any action for a guy of high-quality (quality of Notre Dame anyway...).

I see your point and have to think there is SOMEONE better than UConn out there...like you said. I'm with ya there. Something tells me he was told he'll start or have a good chance at it from UConn out of a list of schools he was willing to go to. Some kids...even if they're really good...want to stay close to home no matter what.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #6
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Penn State was never really in it for his services as a transfer. They wanted either him or Pat Devlin two years ago and Devlin picked PSU (after decommitting from Miami) and Frazer picked ND.

No top QB in their right mind would go play for Wanny after the way he absolutely crushed Tyler Palko's career the past two years. Palko was one his way to being a top NFL prospect at QB under Walt Harris and left as a fringe prospect under Wanny.

Connecticut is a logical choice. He can come in and play right away with little, if any, competition. Although he won't ever see a Big East title at UConn. At best, he could help the team better their record and maybe start seeing them recruiting towards a Big East title. That program ain't even close.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Penn State was never really in it for his services as a transfer. They wanted either him or Pat Devlin two years ago and Devlin picked PSU (after decommitting from Miami) and Frazer picked ND.

No top QB in their right mind would go play for Wanny after the way he absolutely crushed Tyler Palko's career the past two years. Palko was one his way to being a top NFL prospect at QB under Walt Harris and left as a fringe prospect under Wanny.

Connecticut is a logical choice. He can come in and play right away with little, if any, competition. Although he won't ever see a Big East title at UConn. At best, he could help the team better their record and maybe start seeing them recruiting towards a Big East title. That program ain't even close.
Now that we settled that.......

Big East program in the deepest hole:

Pitt, UConn, Syracuse

Discuss

:lol: