Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 12-20-2006, 04:19 PM   #16
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

BigBuddhaPup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
Others have described it better than I could...

"War" on Christmas part of "secular progressive agenda" that includes "legalization of narcotics, euthanasia, abortion at will, gay marriage," etc....
Fox News host Bill O'Reilly

Fox News host John Gibson has published a book defining the ongoing battle:
The War on Christmas: How the Liberal Plot to Ban the Sacred Christian Holiday Is Worse Than You Thought (Sentinel, October 2005).

There are various fronts in the war and the chief enemy is the ACLU.
Wouldn't that be "The War on Christianity" instead?

I am for the legalization of soft drugs, I am for a humane death, I am for abortion until the 21st week, I am for gay marriage....I am against Bill Orally...I am against John Gibson...I am against Fox News...

I am also against stopping anyone from celebrating their religion, heritage, etc... just don't do it on tax funded property...

That ACLU also defends Christians btw...ironic, huh?

:thumbup: Go Steelers....
"So it goes"
BigBuddhaPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #17
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

It is simply nuts to think there is a war on Christmas (X MAS!) hahaha. Tell me one time when ANYONE in this country tried to stop you from celebrating Christmas? It doesn't happen. You are just upset because NOT EVERYONE celebrates like you. I know you want to force your religion on others, but it just doesn't work like that in America. If you want to do that, go start of country that doesn't practice freedom of and from religion.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:22 PM   #18
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Yeah, sorry that some of us want to include other holidays in the season. But Doug don't forget, these people want their religion and their holidays to be accepted by everyone. They get offended if you even mention other holidays. They forget that NO ONE is stopping them from celebrating any holiday they want in any way. But that's not good enough, they want all of US to celebrate the same way they do.
How dare us think differently!

Okay, other 2/3rd of the planet, do it this way, or no way at all...Why? because Fox News' Bill Orally said so....

That ought to do it...

"So it goes"
Old 12-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #19
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuddhaPup View Post
I am also against stopping anyone from celebrating their religion, heritage, etc... just don't do it on tax funded property...
So all those religious messages to God and our Judeo-Christian heritage that are carved into marble within and outside of the Supreme Court Building, the Jefferson Monument, the Lincoln Monument, the Washington Monument, and every hedgestone at Arlington Cemetery that carries a religious icon are a definite no no in your book?

Oh heavens....

Quote:
It is simply nuts to think there is a war on Christmas...
Didn't you say the same thing about our War on Terrorism?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #20
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
So all those religious messages to God and our Judeo-Christian heritage that are carved into marble within and outside of the Supreme Court Building, the Jefferson Monument, the Lincoln Monument, the Washington Monument, and every hedgestone at Arlington Cemetery that carries a religious icon are a definite no no in your book?

Oh heavens....

I never said anything of the sort about the war on terrorism. Once again, please tell me one person, or one group that is trying to stop you from celebrating Christmas. I'd love to know who these crazy people are who really care about your Christmas celebration.

Think Fresh.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #21
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Once again, please tell me one person, or one group that is trying to stop you from celebrating Christmas...
My daughter's song she practiced this fall was cancelled last week from the elementary school holiday choral concert (which use to be called the Christmas Concert at the school by the way). The name of the song: "Oh Holy Night." Know what she had to sing instead? "Frosty The Snowman"!

The War on Christmas is all around us...

I don't have time now to post links to all the battles but will tomorrow...
Old 12-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #22
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Once again, tax dollars funded that place. Who is stopping you from celebrating Christmas on your own time on your own dime. SOrry, I don't want to pay for your religious concerts.

Think Fresh.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:08 PM   #23
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Unhappy

Quote:

Oh heavens....

They are historical monuments... big difference from promoting religion via tax dollars...

As for Arlington, that is an individual service members choice when they die, it is a priviledge bestowed upon them because of their service...they could choose whatever symbol they want..

The term "War on Terrorism" is coming back to bite the neo-cons on the arse... the idea of terrorism isn't tangible enough to ever declare victory over, it is open ended idea... too bad they were as good with the doublespeak as they are now.... a better phrase would have been "Al Queda War"... maybe we would have even fought the right people too... but, No, Virginia, there isn't a Santa Claus...

"So it goes"
Old 12-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #24
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
My daughter's song she practiced this fall was cancelled last week from the elementary school holiday choral concert (which use to be called the Christmas Concert at the school by the way). The name of the song: "Oh Holy Night." Know what she had to sing instead? "Frosty The Snowman"!

The War on Christmas is all around us...

I don't have time now to post links to all the battles but will tomorrow...
The elementary school was correct... public funded institutions like our schools shouldn't promote one religion over the other...singing a Christian song would do just that... Frosty the Snowman has no religious connotation, makes perfect sense.. if you want your child to do a religious concert for Christmas, plan it then...

"So it goes"
Old 12-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #25
chiefsfan27
Paul Foeller

chiefsfan27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Once again, tax dollars funded that place. Who is stopping you from celebrating Christmas on your own time on your own dime. SOrry, I don't want to pay for your religious concerts.
What if not singing Christmas songs (like "Holy Night") offends Christians as much as singing them offends you? Should'nt both be sung? It does offend me that a Holiday originaly celebrated as Christ's birth can no longer have anything to do with Christ. I don't want to pay to see that behaivor because I view it (no christ in christmas) as wrong. So why have we completley eliminated a certain set of beliefs and not just done both?

And why do tax dollars matter? I pay taxes and I want to hear Christ's name mentioned with Christmas.

Last edited by chiefsfan27; 12-20-2006 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling
chiefsfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #26
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsfan27 View Post
What if not singing Christmas songs (like "Holy Night") offends Christians as much as singing them offends you? Should'nt both be sung? It does offend me that a Holiday originaly celebrated as Christ's birth can no longer have anything to do with Christ. I don't want to pay to see that behaivor because I view it (no christ in christmas) as wrong. So why have we completley eliminated a certain set of beliefs and not just done both?

And why do tax dollars matter? I pay taxes and I want to hear Christ's name mentioned with Christmas.
Why can't you just enjoy YOUR holiday on your own time. Why does it have to be on public funded areas. What's wrong with church, or your own home. Public schools are secular. It wouldn't matter if it was a jewish song, a muslim song or a christian song. Public school is secular in nature. Why do you insist on making YOUR religion part of the public life. Why not just enjoy YOUR holiday in places where everyone is Christian i.e. CHURCH!!!!!

Think Fresh.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #27
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

I apologize if I come off as angry, but it is crazy how you Chirstians insist on pushing this stuff down everyone's throat. Do it on your own time.

Think Fresh.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #28
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuddhaPup View Post
Frosty the Snowman has no religious connotation
But he did flaunt the law and society. Remember when he crossed the street even after the cop told him to stop?

More like Frosty the Gangsta'
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #29
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
I apologize if I come off as angry, but it is crazy how you Chirstians insist on pushing this stuff down everyone's throat. Do it on your own time.
Down, down, down, go, go, go, !!! Mine, mine, mine!!! ...

:bash:

"So it goes"
Old 12-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #30
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
But he did flaunt the law and society. Remember when he crossed the street even after the cop told him to stop?

More like Frosty the Gangsta'

He got those kids to steal that stovetop hat too... Frosty was definite OG...

"So it goes"