Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-15-2006, 03:38 AM   #1
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default Maurice Clarett back in action...well...possibly

Who knows if it will really go down but I'll definitely check it out if he actually plays...

http://www.vindy.com/content/sports/...6578195809.php

Clarett's blurb about gettin' back to the NFL amused me. I've met this Terry character a couple of times at a few football camps in Youngstown. He's a nutcase. Reminds me of Don King on 'roids.

Cardinal Mooney High School (mentioned in the article) runs a camp every June that usually features some coaches from the Youngstown area. Mangino (Kansas), Pelini (LSU), Bob Stoops (Oklahoma), Mike Stoops (Arizona), and Tressel (Ohio State) usually show up. Terry tried to crash it once...:lol:
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Unless he himself screws it up I have to think he will play. I doubt the EIFL has ever seen anyone with his level of talent before. I am sure playing in the EIFL beats flipping burgers at McD's which is about all he seems qulaified to do.

The sad thing is I never knew the EIFL even existed until this story came about.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I'm over him forever.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #4
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee
Unless he himself screws it up I have to think he will play. I doubt the EIFL has ever seen anyone with his level of talent before. I am sure playing in the EIFL beats flipping burgers at McD's which is about all he seems qulaified to do.

The sad thing is I never knew the EIFL even existed until this story came about.
Me neither. It's probably going to just wind up as yet another failed arena league in a season or two. The only arena league that has proven itself and become stable is the AFL. Even the af2, the AFL's feeder league, has many of it's teams in or near financial ruin. I just don't see this lasting long.

Buckeye, I though I read somewhere that Terry got himself into some trouble in Florida with high school recruiting. Any knowledge of what went on there?
Old 07-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

The article pretty much says it all. The league is unstable. Terry is unstable. The agreement between Terry and the owner of the arena seems a bit unstable. And we all know Clarett is unstable.

And Clarett a father? Yikes.

What I do find interesting is that Clarett allegedly had talks with the new AFL2 team in Youngstown (starts in April) but passed it up because they wouldn't match the $ of the EIFL. He also hasn't signed anything yet but is rumored to get part ownership of either the team or league (as stated in article). Man is that crazy. Don't worry about never hearing of the EIFL before. I think this is their first year. Not 100% on that though.

Alex...

Yea, Terry seems to find controversy no matter where he goes. The recruiting stuff revolves around him making promises to athletes about other leagues and their health to get them to sign. He's also had some issues with corporate sponsors. Something about representing them falsely or exaggerating his position with them when dealing with leagues and athletes. Basically he's a wannabe Don King...on roids...like I mentioned...LOL.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote