Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 06-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #2371
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Well, gents (and the lady Sue), I'm off to California soon. Leave Wednesday morning for a 6 AM flight ( that means rise at 4 AM) to Atlanta, then to Sacramento for a week for a friend's wedding. I've never been out West, so I am psyched! I should be checking in from the Left Coast, though.

In other news, I met my girlfriend's parents for the first time yesterday. We had lunch. They're country folk down here in NC, but seemed nice and it went well. Driving around the poverty-ridden country in her $250 '94 Geo Tracker with no A/C in this heat and a passenger side window that won't roll-down gave me a whole new perspective on life as I jumped back in my BMW that night and returned to civilization (the city of Charlotte). I truly realized I could never live in a small town or in the country. Nope, not for me. But I still love her. :lol:
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #2372
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

I'm loving the warm weather finally hitting the East Coast. It's my last week of high school and some of my friends and I headed down to the beach today instead of school. An excellent choice I must say. :thumbup:
Old 06-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #2373
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I'm loving the warm weather finally hitting the East Coast. It's my last week of high school and some of my friends and I headed down to the beach today instead of school. An excellent choice I must say. :thumbup:
Gosh, I've been out of school for literally a month. Gotta love college! :thumbsup2:
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #2374
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post

In other news, I met my girlfriend's parents for the first time yesterday. We had lunch. They're country folk down here in NC, but seemed nice and it went well.

They don't fit your lifestyle?

I'm sure with a little help you can get them up to speed.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #2375
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

So I leave a disc in to record old Laker/Celtic Finals & also a special on PJ on ESPN Classics.

I just now get home, it's still recording, turn on the set & am greeted by VH1 Classics with Run DMC on. Come to find that my step-daughter came home an hour after it started recording & changed the ****ing channel. :redhot::redhot::redhot::redhot::redhot::redhot::redhot::redhot:
Old 06-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #2376
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

:lol:

I got 'em all on tape and duplicated. They were showing Game 4 of the 1984 Finals last night. At one point you had 7 of the ten players on the floor being HOFers ( McHale, The Chief, Bird, Magic, Jabbar, Worthy, McAdoo).

They don't make 'em like they used to.

Ironic thing is that DJ isn't in the HOF and that's the game where he started to shut down Magic (and continued to do so thru Game 7...primary reason why Boston won).

Crime against nature not to have DJ in the Hall.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #2377
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

I got a few college football preview mags yesterday.

It's early and this isn't official but my preliminary prediction for Florida is 12-0.

Why God? Why the punishment?

I also noticed that there's a social group called SEC fanatics on here.

Why this punishment?

Last edited by buckeyefan78; 06-03-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #2378
Alex
#1 Student Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
I got a few college football preview mags yesterday.

It's early and this isn't official but my preliminary prediction for Florida is 12-0.

Why God? Why the punishment?

I also noticed that there's a social group called SEC fanatics on here.

Why this punishment?
Maybe we should start our own group- Protect Tradition or something of that ilk.

I'm waiting for Phil Steele's mag to come out. I picked up Lindy's last week but haven't given it much of a read yet.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #2379
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Maybe we should start our own group- Protect Tradition or something of that ilk.

I'm waiting for Phil Steele's mag to come out. I picked up Lindy's last week but haven't given it much of a read yet.
I have Lindy's and Athlon's.

My Lindy's has all ACC players on the cover but it's the national release.

Kinda odd.

I'm down for any group against the SEC.

I'm high on Alabama, South Carolina and Florida outta the SEC. I'm down on Georgia, LSU and Tennessee.

BTW Alex...

Preliminary prediction for PSU is 10-2 (losses at Wisconsin and at Ohio State).
Old 06-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #2380
Alex
#1 Student Section

"Protect Tradition" is a go.

I don't know what to make of Alabama and South Carolina. Saban seems to have all the pieces in place and LSU is looking at a bit of a down year but I'm just still not feeling a breakout season from Alabama. They might take the next step to 8-4 but anything other than that is a little hard to see. If South Carolina doesn't get to at least 8-4 I think Spurrier is done in Columbia, be it on his own accord or not.

That's my prediction for PSU as well. In many other years I would think this PSU team with so much experience would be able to challenge Ohio State for that elusive win in at the 'Shoe but considering OSU returns even more than us, there's just no way I see PSU winning that game. This team is more than capable of beating Wisconsin, and I actually like the fact that we get them at night since PSU absolutely sleepwalks through noon road starts, but they want revenge for the drubbing in Happy Valley last year and PSU struggles on the road regardless of start time. But this season looks ripe for ending the Michigan streak and if PSU beats them and wins 10, I'll be happy. Would be nice to get a BCS bid but that's unlikely unless we beat Wisconsin.

Last edited by Alex; 06-03-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #2381
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

:tsk:........
Old 06-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #2382
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

I think SC needs steroids to up production.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 AM   #2383
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Quote:

I got 'em all on tape and duplicated. They were showing Game 4 of the 1984 Finals last night. At one point you had 7 of the ten players on the floor being HOFers ( McHale, The Chief, Bird, Magic, Jabbar, Worthy, McAdoo).

They don't make 'em like they used to.
Mine were all on VHS & worn out.

It was a good chance to get more of 'em on disc but alas...

Quote:
Ironic thing is that DJ isn't in the HOF and that's the game where he started to shut down Magic (and continued to do so thru Game 7...primary reason why Boston won).

Crime against nature not to have DJ in the Hall.
& shocking that there hasn't been more of a clamoring about that since his untimely death. "Crime against nature" just about sums it up.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:18 AM   #2384
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Quote:
I think SC needs steroids to up production.

Of course if it goes up now, you know you'll be the first they subpoena, right?
Old 06-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #2385
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Where the hell hads Mush been hiding? Redsox already won the TB series in 2 games so I need to give him his new avatar (for a month). I couldn't find the pink redsox logo I gave Sue last year (when the BoSox beat the Braves) but I think I got one just as good.