Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 12-24-2000, 04:00 PM   #1
Jersey Devil
All-Star Player

Jersey Devil is on a distinguished road

First, no matter what people say, I really believe that Larry Brown and Allen Iverson do NOT get along.

Then, trade rumors fly that he's being traded out of the city he's come to love, Philadelphia.

Then, his rap album goes south, especially in the media, where it counts.

Then, the Sixers waive his friend Vernon Maxwell three days or so before Christmas. Ouch.

Then, he's out one to three weeks with his well-known shoulder problems.

I know that I left out a lot, but what's next for arguably the most exciting player in the league?
Jersey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2000, 03:02 PM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Iverson's problems are well-documented and they have been off-and-on for the young star this year. Regardless, you have to admit he is finally appearing to overcome his immature and seemingly undedicated to the sport actions of recent years.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 11:02 PM   #3
Spike
N.B.A. Moderator

Spike is on a distinguished road

You know I have to admit the more I find out about Iverson, the more I'm liking him because I used to not like him that much before. I mean you got to give the guy his due for coming back from the separated shoulder much earlier than expected and still lighting up the league (he had 40-something points against the Kings last Saturday night). Talk about heart.

I still think his biggest problem is the guys he grew up with. His "posse" if you will. They're pretty much a bunch of criminals but Iverson's in a tough bind in that it would probably be better for him if he lost all those bad influences, but for him it's like how can you turn your back on people you've been friends with and have supported you since childhood. It would be weak to just cut them off.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote